You can type here any text you want

XFI EGT logging

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

This is a really dumb question but i must ask it. I hvae seen the FAST EGT probes used for individual cylinder tuning and they LOOK no different from a regular EGT probe from autometer, so this begs the question...

Can i convert the signal of a Autometer EGT gauge from the EGT into a voltage somehow and let XFI log it?

The probes are standard EGT probes. You will need a device that amplifies the voltage to a 0-5 signal. These can be found on the internet. The downside is, you will have to run the signals through your analog inputs which you only have 8 to start with. So if you run 6 EGT's through it, you only have 2 left for fuel pressure, oil pressure, back pressure, etc...
The nice thing about the FAST setup is that it uses the CAN bus to send the signals in so you still have all your analog sensors available. Another nice thing is you don't have to buy 6 signal convertors, it's all in one box with just 4 wires (power, ground, and 2 CAN wires)

Hey Cal, For now i am only planning on running the one egt just prior to the turbo, but maybe later i will upgrade to the individual cylinder probes.

Do you recommend any brand of amplifer? Are there any out there that are easier to calibrate than another?

Thanks alot,

Adrian

couple hours north

Hi from Edmonton Adrian,

I also plan on logging EGT temps. My headers are out having the bungs welded on.

For your information I am attaching a couple pics of the thermocouples I have bought. The straight one I got from RJC its an exposed tip, I have one in the downpipe of my car. The curved style are going 1 1/2" from each exhaust port, that style I purchased with with an enclosed tip, (commonly used on diesels). I have heard of the exposed tips sometimes coming (burning off). The enclosed tips are slightly slower in response.

I just purchased a new internal logging Fast from Cal. I am just waiting on the stand alone harness to arrive so I can run the motor up on the dyno. If you ever need to borrow it let me know. If Cal reads this please send me the info/link to whatever I need to log all 6 cylinders.

Greg

Attachments

• DSCF1534.jpg
    DSCF1534.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 286
  • DSCF1535.jpg
    DSCF1535.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 313
Thanks Otto! That price isn't too bad. If I were doing six, I would defnitely use the more expensive FAST EGT logger and not have all those wires and use up all the anaolg inputs. Keep in mind, the FAST unit uses the mini-connectors on the EGT's

Thanks Otto! That price isn't too bad. If I were doing six, I would defnitely use the more expensive FAST EGT logger and not have all those wires and use up all the anaolg inputs. Keep in mind, the FAST unit uses the mini-connectors on the EGT's
The F.A.S.T is by far the cleanest and easiest and like you said will NOT tie up all your analog inputs

When anyone gets a k type probe to work, please post the info you entered into the XFI

I have a k probe & FTS&S amplifier that worked great when was running a Trans pro, but have not been able to get it to work yet with the XFI.

Thanks

No problem making it work. That was how we did it before the XFI EGT logger came out. I'm at the track this weekend, so give me a call Monday. Use the tech number on the XFI box if you got it from me.

Back