You can type here any text you want

XFI fuel is to rich at 22psi

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Depending on the volume of alky 11.5 maybe not enough fuel, 11.0 maybe at better target if you go higher boost.

Depending on the volume of alky 11.5 maybe not enough fuel, 11.0 maybe at better target if you go higher boost.
If I go 11.0 AFR, how far do you think I can push the timing? I am at 22 deg timing and 22 lbs of boost with no spark knock.

If I go 11.0 AFR, how far do you think I can push the timing? I am at 22 deg timing and 22 lbs of boost with no spark knock.

I would leave it where it is, your asking for trouble, unless you plan to use race fuel......

Also,

It's not a consistent "8 numbers is 10%", it depends on injector size and current VE number.

I respectfully disagree. It has absolutely nothing to do with injector size..... but everything to do with what VE number is in that particular cell.

In my example, I used 80 for the VE number on the table.... and if you trim that cell by 10%, it will be exactly 72 after the trim...... it makes no difference whether you have 160# injectors or stock injectors. I also tried to point out the VE table was scaled and you had to figure out what the new number needed to be once you knew how much you want to trim. 10% trim off a 60 cell would be 54 after the trim. If there is any confusion, it is probably better to just tell it to trim by whatever percentage you want if you are uncomfortable with the math.

Bottom line is for the OP.... I'd make sure my timing targets and AFR targets were conservative and keep cutting the fuel back in the VE table in the appropriate cells until that -10% correction went away and it was only pulling 2-3% fuel...... Once I had it close to zero correction, I'd look at the table overall and smooth out the cells beside the cells you just tweaked.

Back