You can type here any text you want

XFI Fuel pressure logging - no reading

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CS99

I have my fuel pressure sending unit hooked up to pin C12. With an ohmeter, I checked the voltage at pin C12 and I am getting different voltages depending on what the fuel pressure reads. The range is .5V to 4.5V. I know that the sensor is working. Gain is 25 and offset is -25. Whatever I put in as an offset is what the FAST system displays for my fuel pressure.

Try using:
Gain: 25
Offset: -12.5
High: 100
Low: 0
Decimal: 0

Try using:
Gain: 25
Offset: -12.5
High: 100
Low: 0
Decimal: 0
Fuel pressure reads -12.5
It seems whatever I put in the offset is what the fuel pressure reads. It stays -12.5 all the time. The wire from my fuel pressure sending unit is connected to the c12 wire BETWEEN the XFI box and the CASPERS adaptor.

you will have to set the gain to 1 and the offset to 0 then display 2 decimal places. this will give you the raw voltage.

when you do that record the values at 2 known pressures (zero psi and 38psi for instance)

report back

I spoke on the phone with the customer. The XFI isn't seeing voltage, that's why the reading is always the same as the offset. I have him doing a couple things and he can post up what the problem and solution were, to possibly help others.

I was on the wrong pins. The info that I had showed that pin c11 was under c10. Pin c11 is on the opposite end of the plug. I googled xfi pinout and found Norbs diagram, which is 100 percent better than what was in the XFI manual.

I was on the wrong pins. The info that I had showed that pin c11 was under c10. Pin c11 is on the opposite end of the plug. I googled xfi pinout and found Norbs diagram, which is 100 percent better than what was in the XFI manual.

glad u figured it out!

A suggestion: B4 you rely on the transducer readings, compare it with a known good mechanical gauge.
I just tested 3 new Autometer transducers...2 were nutz.

A suggestion: B4 you rely on the transducer readings, compare it with a known good mechanical gauge.
I just tested 3 new Autometer transducers...2 were nutz.
LOL....I was already think that this morning. Will put a mechanical on the fuel rail tomorrow and verify !:)

Back