You can type here any text you want

XFI Harness, will this work....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fatride

Finally got an XFI, but can anyone tell me if this plug and play harness will work??? I don't see a plug for the MAP and not sure what the red wire is for?? Eveything was bought used, but never used..
Thanks for your help

Attachments

• xfi 001 [640x480].JPG
    xfi 001 [640x480].JPG
    76 KB · Views: 171
  • xfi 002 [640x480].JPG
    xfi 002 [640x480].JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 172
I believe the connector with the purple rubber around it is the map. The red wire looks like its a power wire, or maybe some aux. output :confused:

Ok.. on many jumper harnesses.. the map signal comes through the factory MAF wire signal. you probably have to check that pinout for continuity.. and then jumper between the MAF signal wire and the factory MAP sensor signal wire. Make sense?

This connector was pluged into the FAST serial cable for the laptop..

I know the map had a really short connector. I'll check tomorrow for you if you still need to know. FWIW I would use a 3 Bar instead of a stock MAP.

Edit: I just looked at mine and the MAP harness has black, Red, Green wires going into the pigtail. It looks like the pigtail is on the other side of the Caspers adapter. FWIW I did have a few so I could be wrong but I will double check it tomorrow and post a pic :)

That isnt a casper adapter but is a simple jumper harness. the signal for the map gets to the ecm by running a jumper to the maf signal wire.

the plug being discussed is the laptop interface.

the red wire does look to be in the correct spot for the power adder enable.

whats the thing wrapped in heatshrink?

You might have to run a dfi harness unless you pin point the wires under the dash for the map senser.

O.K. so....... the map signal comes into the xfi on the maf circuit.

Sureg, do you know what wire or or what pin on the xfi?

We were also wondering what the little shrink wrap thing is.

So what is the big difference between the Caspers adapter vs. this simple harness???
Thanks for the help

the caspers adapter is a little more user friendly . and places the map sensor inside the car.

The XFI pinout diagrams are on the FAST site.
Print them out & then you will know what each wire is for.

Back