You can type here any text you want

XFI IAC Driver info

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DailyDrifter

The Slow and the Curious
I've heard before that if the IAC is not connected to the XFI during KOEO it fries the driver. Well I had this happen before I knew about it :rolleyes:. So I called FAST today and asked the guy if this is true. The guy said that it's OK unless you plug the IAC in while the ignition is turned ON. I also asked him how much it would cost if the driver got messed up and he said it was around $50. So to be on the safe side i'm going to send mine in and have it checked out. Just figured I let you guys know what I found out.

The car isnt running right now :frown::o. When Cotton tried to play with it, it didnt change the idle at all. But I may of had a vacuum leak that was compensating for the IAC:confused: My vac at Idle was 11in/hg, who knows with this car, if its not one thing........... its everything :eek:

I have quite a few customers with race cars that don't run an IAC. I would be shocked to think that their IAC drivers go bad because they aren't using them.
Engine vacuum won't effect the test, just use the throttle follower table to force the IAC open. Eitherway, I guess it's a good idea to send it in and find out what your problem is. Good luck!

I've heard the same but i just make sure everything is pluged in before i move on hope it turns out to be ok.

Back