You can type here any text you want

XFI IAC Driver

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
WHATEVER YOU DO----> DO NOT UNPLUG THE IAC WHEN THE KEY IS ON, IT'LL FRY THE IAC DRIVER IN THE XFI BOX

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Well I knew that but made a mistake. I'd like to know if theres a way to check if its working correctly.

A simple test would be to start the car and let it idle, then go to the throttle follower scren and raise and lower the green line at 0% TPS and see if the idle rises and falls with the IAC opening.

Anyone know if the xfi does a similar reset/parking procedure like the stock ecm? The stock ecm goes through a parking routine every time the key is turned off. It takes several seconds and runs the iac all the way open (I think, sorry, it's early) so it is ready the next time the engine starts. That's why a lot of tr's rev high on first cranking, then settle down - the iac has to close back up and if it's not adjusted right or sticky the engine has time to rev. Anyway, if you have a spare iac you could plug it in so you can watch the plunger, and go through a couple of key on, key off cycles to see if it moves. I say use a spare iac because I've seen one eject the plunger doing this with the stock ecm, sigh :-).

Yes, I'd like to test it without starting it as I have a fresh short in there with 160's and I do not to wash the cyl's if it doesnt work correctly.

XFI does 'recalibrate' the IAC, but the only circumstance under which I know it does this for sure is when you disconnect the power to it. I replaced my IAC last week without disconnecting the battery. Started the car up and it was like I hadn't even replaced the IAC. I unhooked the orange wire (that provides constant hot to the XFI), plugged it back in, and then restarted the car. The car idled fine and the IAC target and actuals came into line.

If you've baked the IAC driver you'll get an SES light telling you so. But you'll have to start it to find out.

Jim

Back