Xylene???

RSTTYPE85

RSTTYPE87 NOW
Okay guys, I know this subject has been talked about before but I want to make sure I do this right!!!

"Xylene--Medium Drying Solvent" is this the right stuff?

Mixture is:
1 Gallon Xylene + 3 Gallons Gasoline + 1 Cup Marvel Mystery Oil?

Do you mix before adding to the tank?

Thanks Guys!!!

That's right, 30% is the maximum strength. Even with a 10% mixture you will see a difference .

Is this good stuff , what is the cost of it . I've been running just cam2 110 sunoco at 3.75 gal. what is better for the money.would it be better if you just mixed some cam2 in and much more easy. Good luck with it. I would say mix it before putting it in way take a chance.

I've used it and race gas and had way better luck with a pump/race gas mix than with the Xylene, FWIW.

Race gas is better. Xylene mixed 30% with 92 pump gas will give about 100 octane. Xylene is around 118 octane.

DO NOT add ONE CUP of Marvel mystery oil to 4 gallons of gas/xylene mix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll end up with about 70 octane outboard motor fuel! :eek:

You only need about an ounce of oil to 10 gallons of gas!

There's a "xylene" post in the turbolounge right now too...while I know jack about xylene or race gas, I DO know that you DON'T want too much oil in your gas! It'll just cause smoke and knocking! And the ONLY reason to add the oil is to treat the XYLENE! Since some 2-cycle engines get plenty of TOTAL lubrication on a 128:1 mixture of gas and oil, I would think that the xylene you add to you gas should be PLENTY lubricated at 385:1 (think about it: how "oily" is gasoline?)

385:1 = 1 ounce of oil to 3 gallons of xylene! (or, 12 gallons of 3:1 xylene/gasoline mix)

Wow, I missed the 1 CUP of oil. I agree, I think the ocatane would've ended up being lower than what you started with.

Xylene or Toluene?

Another website talked about using toluene instead of xylene. Which is better?

Gman
85 T

:confused: :confused: :confused: