Xylene

suprchrgd

I actually don't have a turbo buick (yet) but I was wondering if any of you know if xylene is ok in a supercharged grand prix? And has anyone had any problems running xylene. Thanks in advance.

i've ran it in my 81 regal, if your fuel lines are [old] like mine , it likes to make them brittle. they came apart like a pretzel. other than that, i was'nt that happy with it. i liked the toulene better. seem to let it rev quicker. . . . . pat

Try doing a search in this forum for Xylene, lots of good info has been posted about it. Unless your car is detonating on pump gas and/or you are looking to run more boost than pump gas can handle (ie: smaller s/c pulley) more octane isn't going to do anything for you.

quick: unless you are running practically straight xylene (or toluene for that matter) for an extended period of time (~6 months) it will do little if ANY harm to the fuel lines. Toluene is 115 octane & xylene is 117, if the toluene worked better for you it is probably because your car didn't need the higher octane it was getting with the xylene blend. Running too much octane for the car's state of tune WILL actually slow it down!

Doug C.