Yet another question:)

NCC1701

Just thinking this convertor project thru and what is the easiest way to drain the tranny fluid that leaves the least amount of mess. I know that without a drain plug it will be somewhat messy;) I just don't want to be spending the next month cleaning tranny fluid out of every nook and cranny in the garage.

I am doing this at home with the Gn up on jack stands, so what size container do I need that will catrch the most (hopefully all) of the old tranny fluid?

The way i have read about doing it is to loosen all the tranny pan bolts first, then slowly lower the bolts at the rear of the pan so that the pan is at an angle and the fluid starts flowing out.
Where can i dispose of used tranny fluid???

Any other ideas or suggestions:)

Draining the trans pan doesn't have to be a mess. You'll need a big drain funnel (available at most good parts stores, it's aprox. a 24" square plastic deal that would drain into a regular drain pan).
Remove all but the two front bolts from the pan, if the pan has been on a long time then the gasket has probably glued itself to the trans, a couple good whacks with a rubber mallet will usually unglue the pan from the trans. Let the fluid drain to a light drizzle and slowly loosen up the remaining bolts and finish draining the pan. The drain funnel will come in handy when removing the converter, just put it under the front of the trans to catch the fluid as it drains out of the converter and trans. You'll probably drain 6 qts of fluid, make sure your drain pan is big enough. (most are)
Most discount parts stores and quicky lube places will take used oil, and yes trans fluid is oil.

drain pan/ drain plug suggestions

I use a large kitty litter tray that I bought at Wal-Mart for under
$10.00. Spread newspapers under it to be extra safe. I drilled a
1/2" hole in the rear of the pan where it is flat, pushed a Chevy drain plug (remove gasket) through the hole and threaded a
1/2" jam nut onto the plug. I then tacked the nut to the inside of the pan with a wire feed welder. Cost for the drain plug & nut was
under $3.00. :) If you don't have a welder, take your pan with
bolt/nut through it to a muffler shop. They weld thin metal every
day.