You guys are too fast; slow down!

TommyV8

I went to Gateway last night and lined up against a gray TB. He didn't 60 ft much better than me but once he did he was goooone, ran a 12.504 @ 113.84 to my 13.707 @ 104.25. :mad: Anyone on here?
There were at least two other Turbo Regals there, a Grand National running looow 12's and Rob, who I've met before and ran I think 11.2 @ 123. :eek: There was also a yellowish N/A Regal with the air cleaner coming through the hood and I think he was also slightly faster than me. Seriously, if this keeps up I might have to drop this LS1 crap and pick up an LC2.;)

I just read Bret Kepner's post and I think the guy's name is William Page. Apparently it coulda been worse, he ran 12 flat earlier in the night.:eek:

Tommy, i wish i new you were there. I would of BS with you. I'm still having problems with my car sputtering the whole 1/4 mile. I thought i had it fixed but WRONG :mad:. Plus i was warned 3 times to slow down since i don't have a rollbar in my car.

Rob, Went to track on Wensday and got the same lecture.Next year you will be told to leave and not come back!!

Originally posted by 11.20n1320
Rob, Went to track on Wensday and got the same lecture.Next year you will be told to leave and not come back!!
No kidding, I didn't here about that. I guess we need to find someone to put a 6 point rollbar in our cars. We can see if someone will give us a deal to do two at the sametime. Your car is to nice to put a rollbar in there. But i guess if you want to play you have to pay.

Rob , Ive been considering a bar for a long time. I have a new engine in the works, just trying to find time to get it put in.Nice car or not ,when we start getting over 120mph its time.I have TTops, would hate to be upside down with those!!You should come to Bunker Hill on the 9th. we are having our Oct.fest.We have lawn mower drag racing. These guys run 60mph in 150 feet, the best part is they have shift them!!! We are talking wheely bars and running on race gas!! They ran here last year was a great show.
DDay

DDay, I know what you mean when you start getting over 120mph. I've been saying the samething of getting one for awhile myself. Do you know anyone that will put them in. I'll come on down on Oct 9th and bring my boy.

Rob

Originally posted by rob nolan
Tommy, i wish i new you were there. I would of BS with you. I'm still having problems with my car sputtering the whole 1/4 mile. I thought i had it fixed but WRONG :mad:. Plus i was warned 3 times to slow down since i don't have a rollbar in my car.
I may be there on 10/12. No new mods but a Vette guy called me out. I guess you won't be there 'cause of the rollbar rule? That's too bad. :( Man, I wish I needed one.

Rob, The lawn mower drags start at 1:00. There is also a car show and cruise after in the night sponsered by the time machines.
DDay

I couldnt make it out last week but went tonight. Didnt see anyone out there. I think I saw Cliff, but didnt see his car. They still messin with you about that roll cage huh Rob:D Guess thats why didnt see you out there. Weather was nice. You keep goin faster each time, Imagine if you broke into the 10s, I guess theyd be pissed and ban you for the rest of the year;)
Oh yeah, Rob, I guess your buddy with the white "T" (dont recall his name) owes us drinks..... got that 12 sec timeslip tonight:D still street tires, 93oct, and no IC (of course). Time is in sig below:cool:

DDay havent seen ya in awhile. Are you still building trannies? Also do you recall what Dan Smith used to run with his hotair setup?

6SENSE, Yes they were messing with me bad about no rollbar in my car last week. I told my wife tonight that this is going to be a boring night of not going out there to race. I'm still fighting with the sputtering problem threw the whole 1/4 mile. I think if it wasn't doing that i would be in the 10s and more mph. I'm gonna try and mess with it this week sometime. I will be back before the racing season is over. Congrats on the 12 second pass. I guess my buddy Steve owes you a beer. I'll make sure he pays you. I will have a rollbar put in there for next racing season.

Rob

Originally posted by rob nolan
I'll come on out and watch you. Put the bottle on there, and you will need one then ;)
Maybe if I were to just spray my way into the high 11's then they wouldn't really notice the bottle. ;)