zddpplus?

dpasadena

is zddp plus for real? do we need it in our cars? i have never used it and i have put 50k mi on my car in the past two years and it seems to be fine. is it really necessary?

This topic has been discussed alot lately, if you do a search you will find lots of info on this subject. I use zddp on every oil change now.

+1 I bought a 6 pack for my car when it first came out. I use it at every oil change, and will continue to do so at least until a roller cam goes in.

Is zddp for real, YES, even gm had an additive because they were aware that oils were loosing the ep additive.

If your car has a flat tappet camshaft, then yes it will help.

If you are not using it, the 50,000 miles you put on your car is amplified on the cam, the cam wearing is faster. It is not a magical item, as it takes time to show the effects of not using it.

It is cheap insurance against premature cam wear.

Thanks
Bill

thanks for all your replies. don't see a roller cam going in soon, so i will get some of this stuff. thanks again

i have a roller and i still use it..there are some extreme pressure on those rollers too. i am pushing my stock short block hard so i use it for some safety:) .......Bob