18s & 20s?

thanks

I appreciate everyone's support. You are right at the end of the day I am the one that has to drive it.

Ya know, it's your car, do what you want. Just make sure you do the brakes to stop all that rotating mass! There's a few wheel galleries around that show cars with bigger wheels. I am doing 17's myself, but in the end of the day, if you are happy with it, that's all that matters.

As he said don't forget to plan for brakes! I had 20's but will be going with 17's or 18's after car is done being painted. I just wanted more side wall to cushion the ride. To each his own, it's your car, do what you like! You may want to ride in a car with larger wheels(if you haven't done so) to see if you like it before that big of an investment. Which wheels are you referring to exactly? There are a few nice ones on that page.

Also, If you come across a thread that you can't add USEFUL INFORMATION don't add any at all! Go to another thread!!:rolleyes:

That is not a good comparison.. 20 inch wheels are too big on the car and take away from the beauty of the car itself...

You almost had a real argument until you went to an opinion.

Forged 20", and a OEM diam tire IS A BETTER set up than OEM for a daily driver, unless yo have real bad roads. (Atl roads are fine for large wheels) With less weight of a forged wheel, better grip your brakes might not notice. I already have rear disc conv, and will do large fronts, not due to 20"s, but I want the best I can afford everywhere. I realize most ppl dont take the time and $ to do things right. I'll give you that, but some do.
There are no blanket statments here, style is opinion, and we all have em....some are wrong though. :p

Deputydawg, here's Beauty on 20's

3pc. Vellano wheels

Attachments

• gn.jpg
    gn.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 764
im going with 20s on the rear and 18s on the front of my 68 rs and it will look awesome..imo...heres a pic of a camaro i saw on ebay done that way..heck even my 4 wheeler looked better with bigger tires....its all about taste,if its done right the look isnt just for the bros in todays world...;)

Attachments

• MVC-016S.jpg
    MVC-016S.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 760
  • MVC-014S.jpg
    MVC-014S.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 749
  • Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 755
I'm looking for a 69 hardtop

Anyway here's more pics.

Attachments

• 110706_1437.jpg
    110706_1437.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 740
  • 110706_1418.jpg
    110706_1418.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 738
Anyway here's more pics.

do you have any bigger pictures or is there a way to blow the picture up.That looks sweet.I have a 87gn in the body shop now and i will post pictures by friday.My wheels finally came in after 6 weeks of making them for my car.I went with the 20x8.5 up front(2.5"lip) with 20x10(4"lip) in the rear with 255/35/20 and 295/30/20.Oh and the wheels are 3 piece Asanti AF130's

My 20s!!!! Its what i wanted and what i bought!!!

Attachments

• 20s99.JPG
    20s99.JPG
    2.6 KB · Views: 744
  • 20s.jpg
    20s.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 748
I don't know how to blow the pics. up but I can take another pic. tomorrow.

Thanks

the look on that camaro is very close to what I am trying to do with my car! I want to go with the Foose Speedsters with black centers and chrome lip. What size tires are on that Camaro?

86 T-type, very nice! I was looking originally at the same wheels but with black centers. What offset and tire sizes are you running?

GNJay, nice......Fronts are a little wide for my taste, but the look is tough! Eventually, I will be putting on the GNX flares...

just my two cents but the 20's seem a bit to big for the car. Have you considered the additional rotating mass as well as the big brake setup to stop this already heavy car? Also, with lo-prosJ will the ride suffer? I run 17" 40 series tires om my daily drivers and the ride is a little rough Just curious....

I went with a 3.75 backspacing...that was soo they would sit in under the fender jus a tad soo i wouldnt have to raise it....... i went with a 245/35 all the way around!!!

OK that sounds good.Can you take some pictures of your system?I went with the JL Audio 1000/1 and two 12" JL Audio W6's.

Heres what i went with...as far as the size of the tires,ill have to go back on ebays completed and see if that info is their...

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 508