18s & 20s?

another...

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 524
As a EDUCATED Bro... I am upset... Not every Bros puts 20', 24' or 26' on Regals. I actually saw GN with 22's on it and the guy flagged me down and asked me about my T Type. He said his car used to be FAST... After narrowing it down.. the culprit was the 22's. He sold the POS 22's and got some GTA black wheels off Ebay... He has been HAPPy ever since.. Now his KNUCKLE head brother has a 406 88 Monte Carlo SS Aerocoupe on 22's. This car has a built roller cammed AFR headed 400 engine with a 89 GTA tranny. Only one problem... CAN'T hook... Humm.. Wonder why? Oh here is the good part... Raced a NOS stang.... clipped the curb and the car was on TWO WHEELS.....Like a stuntman. Trust me... HE did SH1T in his pants.... But will not TAKE those DAMN 22's off.. I told him to get a 6 pt rollcage.. he is going to need it....

one more

Is this big enough? Man, my car looks good!!!

Attachments

• side 1.jpg
    side 1.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 512
Good lookin out

The lip in the front is 3.5 and the back has a 5 inch lip. I started to go with the Asanti's but when I saw the Vellano wheels I had to have them.

I wanted a five star and there aren't a lot of good looking 5 stars out there.

Where are you located?

Not A GN In This Thread Can See This Car

IMO this GN right here is the cleanest GN that I have seen. It's got the Air Ride Technology and it's sitting on Asanti 19's, not to mention they are running drilled & slotted Baer Brakes . I think 19's are the perfect size for the GN, 20's look good, I was going to run 20's but have switched to 19's because it looks a hell of alot better. GNJay, your GN is on point, but I don't think it can see this GN. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• GN on 19's.jpg
    GN on 19's.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 535
Not to me

I think my car looks way better with black rims.

I think my rims are killin those rims. I don't like the cap sticking out.

I do love those brakes though

The only reason I haven't got them is so I can throw on my stocks when I go to the track.

The lip in the front is 3.5 and the back has a 5 inch lip. I started to go with the Asanti's but when I saw the Vellano wheels I had to have them.

I wanted a five star and there aren't a lot of good looking 5 stars out there.

Where are you located?

Im in Georgia.I will post pictures by the end of this weekend.I pick it up from the paint shop in the morning and then i take it to Butler Tire to get the Wheels put on.

IMO this GN right here is the cleanest GN that I have seen. It's got the Air Ride Technology and it's sitting on Asanti 19's, not to mention they are running drilled & slotted Baer Brakes . I think 19's are the perfect size for the GN, 20's look good, I was going to run 20's but have switched to 19's because it looks a hell of alot better. GNJay, your GN is on point, but I don't think it can see this GN. What do ya'll think?

That GN is on point but if the wheels were black you would be killin em.What size lips are you running?

That's not my car. It's a project from a website called HzEmall.com They do really nice work. I found them by Google. I have been trying to get ideas of what I want to run on my 87 GN. I was set on 20's but now I'm definitely going to run 19's. I have the wheel picked out also, but I'll keep it to myself until I get them. They'll have a 4.5" lip in the rear and a 2.5" in the front. I am really torn between keeping them chrome or go with the black. I like both styles.

I don't know what goes one everywhere else, but where I live, people are keying painted wheels. Pretty messed up, especially when you put so much into your investment. Is this happening anywhere else?

I think my car looks way better with black rims.

I think my rims are killin those rims. I don't like the cap sticking out.

I do love those brakes though

The only reason I haven't got them is so I can throw on my stocks when I go to the track.

I see where you're coming from, I guess it just boils down to if you like chrome or painted wheels. I do like painted wheels, but it seems to be more of a fad to me now. Don't get me wrong though, your ride is proper. You paid about 5G's for those wheels, huh?

i personally like this look better by far the black wheels... on the front of the other car it needs to sink under the wheel well like this car,that gives it a mean stance..the black wheels look good,but if you dropped the front of the car and the size of the wheel it would, imo, look a hell of alot better...right now it looks lifted in the front almost higher than the back..i believe thats why people go with 18s on the front and 20s on the rear...18s on the front and lower the car till the rim only shows,no tire...than 20s on the rear lowered till you can see no inside of the wheel well,and maybe half of the tire showing....it gives it this kind of stance on the gn you posted here...

Mongo likey...

I really like the GN on hertzemall.com. I plan on putting my car on air ride as well. I know, I'm "ruining" the car.... The 19's look pretty tough, but 19's are such an odd sized tire, they cost more than 20's and have few options for sizes, which is why I want to run 18s in the front and 20s in the back. Wonder if I should run a mini- tub in the rear to help with clearance when the air is let out? Guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. For right now, I can daydream and address the "must" fix items.....

I really like the GN on hertzemall.com. I plan on putting my car on air ride as well. I know, I'm "ruining" the car.... The 19's look pretty tough, but 19's are such an odd sized tire, they cost more than 20's and have few options for sizes, which is why I want to run 18s in the front and 20s in the back. Wonder if I should run a mini- tub in the rear to help with clearance when the air is let out? Guess I will cross that bridge when I get to it. For right now, I can daydream and address the "must" fix items.....

Deputydawg,

I was also intending on running 20's in the rear and 18's in the front. Here is a photo of a GN with this wheel setup. I think it looks pretty nice also, although I'm not in love with the specific wheel. It looks nice though. Also, you are right by the odd sized tires and the price being more, but I figure if I'm going to be investing such a large amount of money, I don't want to settle for anything. I want to do it right the first time so I won't want to change everything in the end. I intend on running the airbags and the 19's, regardless of what people might say, those airbags really take it to another level, along with the bigger drilled & slotted disc brakes.

What do you'll think of this GN?

Attachments

• GN on 18's and 20's.jpg
    GN on 18's and 20's.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 479
I like those GN's

But they're just to low for my taste

I paid 5200 for the rims and 1400 for the tires. They're continental tires.

I saw a special where they swapped springs and shocks for the air ride suspension and the car handled way better.

P.S. pictures really don't do my car justice......Real Talk

what size?

what size wheels are in that pic? I like the look, but I think I would go with a different style wheel.

But they're just to low for my taste

I paid 5200 for the rims and 1400 for the tires. They're continental tires.

I saw a special where they swapped springs and shocks for the air ride suspension and the car handled way better.

P.S. pictures really don't do my car justice......Real Talk

I feel you on the wheels. The wheels I will be putting on my GN are going to run about $4,500 (they're a 3-Piece forged wheel) custom made, and then the tires I'll be running are the BF Goodrich G-Force KDW which will be at least another $1,000. Alot of people ask me why I want to invest so much and that it doesn't make sense, but if I'm gonna do something, I'm gonna go all out and do it right the first time and the way I like it. GNJay, was that special you saw on the air ride suspension that show on the Spike channel called Horsepower? They had a show where they took a 96 Camaro and installed the Air Ride Suspension, and it made a huge difference in the handling, plus it looked better.

Heh, this was a fun thread to read. Do whatever you want guys, they are your cars! I did the 15s and slicks, the 17" AR TTII's, 16" GTAs, and heres where Im at now 6 yrs down the road......... thats the beauty of it, you can change wheels whenever you feel like it!

My current combo is 17x8 front w/ 4" BS, 245/45R17 Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions, 18x9.5 rear w/ 5" BS, 275/40R18 Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Positions. Only thing I want is black spokes, maybe down the road huh? Later