18s & 20s?

powdercoat

You could always have your current wheels powdercoated, they can mask off the lips and only coat the spokes, cheaper than buying new wheels.....

IMO this GN right here is the cleanest GN that I have seen. It's got the Air Ride Technology and it's sitting on Asanti 19's, not to mention they are running drilled & slotted Baer Brakes . I think 19's are the perfect size for the GN, 20's look good, I was going to run 20's but have switched to 19's because it looks a hell of alot better. GNJay, your GN is on point, but I don't think it can see this GN. What do ya'll think?

Give me until monday and you will see pictures of one of the sickest GN's around.Black on Black with Asanti 3 piece wheels.The front wheel is 20x8.5(255/35/20)tires and the rear has 20x10(295/30/20)tires with a 2.5 inch lip in the front and a 5 inch lip in the rear.

Give me until monday and you will see pictures of one of the sickest GN's around.Black on Black with Asanti 3 piece wheels.The front wheel is 20x8.5(255/35/20)tires and the rear has 20x10(295/30/20)tires with a 2.5 inch lip in the front and a 5 inch lip in the rear.

I'm looking forward to seeing this one.

Yeah I can't wait to see your gn

I was really really close to getting the AF 128's

Did you get to use a flush wheel, or did you have to use a wheel with a cap that sticks out, do to the dust cap on the front?

I was really really close to getting the AF 128's

Did you get to use a flush wheel, or did you have to use a wheel with a cap that sticks out, do to the dust cap on the front?

yeah thats what i was gonna go with but the guy at the shop said that everyone has those wheels already so i went with the 130 that i dont see a lot of.

Im sorry, but the 20s & low pros on most GNs are just not tasteful looking... I have not seen one yet that I think looks "clean"... all you see are these big wheels on some 80's mobile... no one will notice what it really is because they are staring at the wheels.

If any ONE thing sticks out on a car, your focus is then directed towards that one part and only that one part. The one true thing that makes a nice looking car is that no one thing hits you when you look at it... Chip Foose is the MASTER of doing this... He can use large rims and make them fit because they are chosen in a way that goes with the body style and other work. That camaro posted earlier in this thread is also a good example of how big wheels can be used tastefully.

Now, coming from a previous car show judge (me:D ), you really might want to reconsider 20s on a G-body... they dont look right unles you are willing to do A LOT of work. They stick out like a very swolen and infected sore thumb and the performance loss is just not worth it. Anything over an 18in wheel will start putting a hurt on your performance, braking, and gas milage.

Opinions are just like a.. holes, everybody has one

Every time I drive my car, I get 3 to 5 people who ask me if I want to sell it, and ten more who give me a thumbs up and tell me it's the cleanest GN (sometimes M/C ha ha) they have ever seen.

The thing people notice first is my paint. They ask how I did I get it to shine like that. And if the car is parked they ask if I got the interior redone because it still looks new.

I agree with you, some cars on 20's don't look right, but for those who take the time (and spend the money) to do it right, it's going to show.

Where are the pics bro? You have us ready to see this GN, and then leave us hangin.:confused:

I'll never understand how MY cars look offends YOU.
I could SHive a Git, Keep your 15" convo pros, I dont bytch at you, so let the dead beaten horse of big wheels die. If the argument against them is strong, and the look is better samller, then in a short time we will also grow mullets, buy 15" sawblades, champ 500s, modulars, and other popular older styles in the 80s style catalogs......(You do realize I am being a lil sarcastic....I have more respect than that) What makes this fun IS variation, w/o it we all have fox chassis stangs, civic h/bs or S-10 extreme trucks.....and who really wants carbon copied rides?!

Oh BTW, I am on 16" GTA wheels, so I am not on DUBs, I just dont want shi+ when I mod my car my way.

I'll never understand how MY cars look offends YOU.
I could SHive a Git, Keep your 15" convo pros, I dont bytch at you, so let the dead beaten horse of big wheels die. If the argument against them is strong, and the look is better samller, then in a short time we will also grow mullets, buy 15" sawblades, champ 500s, modulars, and other popular older styles in the 80s style catalogs......(You do realize I am being a lil sarcastic....I have more respect than that) What makes this fun IS variation, w/o it we all have fox chassis stangs, civic h/bs or S-10 extreme trucks.....and who really wants carbon copied rides?!

You got jokes man. But honestly, and this is just my personal opinion, it seems like there are a lot of redneck raicist type of individuals participating in this forum. Just by reading the posts in these threads that involve GN's with 20" wheels will provide a perfect illustration of what I am talking about. So many of you people on here have associated big wheels as being "ghetto" or as I have read in some posts, "Leave that to the bros." What type of sh#t is that? People make themselves sound really ignorant. It's not a black thing or a white thing, it's a personal preferance thing. Just because a person doesn't want to have the same ol' style that has been seen over and over again with these GN's, doesn't make that individual a disgrace to the GN community. Does the word "INNOVATE" mean anything to you people on this forum. If you don't know what it means look it up, you'd probably learn something. It's a new generation/era now, and you might as well accept the changes, because it's never gonna be how it was back in the day. I will say that the new style called "Donk" or as I call them "Doinks" are the dumbest sh#t somebody could do to any car, but it doesn't hurt or concern me, so it's whatever. To sum it up, stop being so judgemental and give cedit when credit is due. I'm a fan of all styles, favorite being 19" to 20" wheels on the GN, but I definitely appreciate the old school look at the same time. We're all one community anyways, so basically "Stop Hatin," and associating "Big Ghetto Wheels" as you call it, with one particular race, because I've seen people of all races on "Big Ghetto Wheels"

we should give props to the "bros"as someone put it,because they had "rythym" to bring in the music and "style" for the big wheel look....every generation you will look at them and say wtf?or just roll with it and not hate....im 35 and i try my best to accept stuff,i still dont understand the 80 inch lifts on a impalla,but the drivers seem to like how we stare at them like they are stupid,so it keeps them happy?i agree with the one guy that stated the look can kill a car and has to be done with style to blend;) ,that too is my opinion,but thats all it is...one day you wont see a pure white person or a pure black person and soo on,so when your son or daughter comes home with a different race,you better learn to accept it,and when they get a car and want you to put a 440inch lift on a honda civic,with reverse spinners on 35s and cut a hole in the top to pop the head out of the car to drive because the steering wheel is on the roof,you young bucks now better be ready for that style and accept it or get on line and complain about it....my guess is if its done with style, maybe anything could look good,if it dont just take a picture and show it to them when they get older...at least they are doing something besides gang banging....now with all that being said...only 2 gns have i ever seen that looked good with bigger rims and tires(imo)...some cars are hard to find a perfect look for and these seem to be one of them...

we should give props to the "bros"as someone put it,because they had "rythym" to bring in the music and "style" for the big wheel look....every generation you will look at them and say wtf? ....and when they get a car and want you to put a 440inch lift on a honda civic,with reverse spinners on 35s and cut a hole in the top to pop the head out of the car to drive because the steering wheel is on the roof,you young bucks now better be ready for that style and accept it or get on line and complain about it....my guess is if its done with style, maybe anything could look good,if it dont just take a picture and show it to them when they get older...at least they are doing something besides gang banging....now with all that being said...only 2 gns have i ever seen that looked good with bigger rims and tires(imo)...some cars are hard to find a perfect look for and these seem to be one of them...

Yup, get used to different being normal, I also have a shaved out 98 civic on air cans w/ chrome 20"s w/ mini truck style graphics...hate it all you want from style, but what we had went from WAY left field to the goal of many mainstream youth and young adults. We won well over 200 trophies including over 50 Best of Shows since '98....including Charlottes Auto Fair "Great 8" twice, and Nopi Nationals Best of Show twice. We change the car every winter, and people always say dont do this or that, it'll kill the look, they were wrong IMO everytime, and based on its 2 year undefeated streak, I think I know what to do. My point is some people have a eye for style, some dont, and typically G-body cars have too little rather than too much ....just look around.
Will I "rice out" a GN, well no, but I refuse to spend over $25,000 on a rebuild and do a cookie cutter, me and "thepremier" have the same ideas and goals it appears.
I appreciate cars, I dont like them all, and certainly dont want them all. When work is done well, I respect it, wheather I like it or not. I can still learn a positive from something I dont like its "style". Why is that so hard to do for so many?!

I was reading through the post as well and thought awhhhh sh$t "Leave it to the bro's" WTF does that mean. Have you seen all those bro's getting there cars OVERHAULED by Foose (Actually not too many bros ive seen on there)with 19 and 20" rims :eek: Foose is a brotha you know, cuz he sure does like them Big custom rims on old school rides; you know those DUB's lmao. If its your GN put whatever the hell kinda rims you like on there and keep it movin dont worry bout what every one else thinks. just my two cents. The point im trying to make is lets stop with the sterotypes ;) Ive seen all different races and ages with big rims on classic cars too new cars. Cant we all just get along:biggrin:

your choice

I went with 18's for performance it depends on what you want and where youlive and the road conditions.

Attachments

• PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 635
I went with 18's for performance it depends on what you want and where youlive and the road conditions.

Xcessive,

Is your GN lowered or anything? Honestly I like the way it looks, plus you don't have to give up anything performance wise. Nice lookin car bro.

now this looks nice, this is the highest id go with my car, i use to have 20 on my gn when i first bought it and i sold those hot wheels so fast, the ride was really horrible you feel every bump and hole on the floor and you loose ALOT of performance, id rather spend my money on some all aluminume 15x10 t-type wheels with some sticky MTs than spend it on some tracker wheels that will rob performance. i like how they look but its just not for me, but the way this regal is built is my style 18s and lowerd with racing suspension thats the PROFFESIONAL way to do it.:biggrin: