2004r guys to stay away from

mart54

OK guys; which of the tranny shops are the ones to steer away from? Bowtie's site looks impressive, but I see some negative PR. Looking for a 2004r to work behind a 450 hp V8 3,700 lb car, with 390 gears. Swapping over from a 350 turbo to be able to drive the car on E-way. Only want to do this once, & don't want LEAKS or problems. :biggrin:

Mart

I know most of you guys are running FAST GN's and must have a good 2004r trans shop to point me to. :D :D Want to swap from a turbo 350 for the OD.,....puttin it behind a 3,700 lb. 71 GS 450 hp. small block.

This is no problem for the trans builders on this site. Go to the home page and get the phone numbers and phone in. I do a lot of business with CK myself. I ll be running low 9's on a 200-4R next spring.

Contact Brian Hofer on this board. He lives right next door to you! search his name in the feedback section and his posts for sale. You will have no need to look further.

Nice GS. I had a 72 Skylark and it was stolen from a shop on 8 mile :eek:

I won’t post anything negative, but there was a shop that I did business with in Brighton MI that I would steer clear of. If you’re looking at a shop in Brighton pm me and I will give you the shops name privately.

I'd say post names and ask questions here. Alot of people claim they can build 200's as good as they get. That is not the case, do your research. Good luck!

That Brian guy is not far from you at all. :D
Send me an email, we can exchange numbers.

Brian

200 rebuild

This is my first rodeo but the feedback I got on Brian Hofer steered me his way mind should be in this week.

Thanks guys, for the replys; I'm going to e-mail Brian & see where he is!!:wink: I'm hopin I can walk there!!!:biggrin:

Thanks guys, for the replys; I'm going to e-mail Brian & see where he is!!:wink: I'm hopin I can walk there!!!:biggrin:

You've made a excellent decision! Brian does great work. If your going to walk though, make sure its at least 70 and sunny!! It's a little too cold around these parts to be walkin'.:biggrin:

200r4 trans

Make sure you know your builder.

Make sure you both understand what you want.

Make sure you both understand what you will expect.

Make sure you both agree what will happen should you not get what you expect.

Mikey

As mentioned before, Brian has nothing but good PR and stands behind his product, that would be my first choice considering he's local too!

Lonnie Diars as well!
Extreme Automatics