4.1 stock block build

Yes it will! We will be detailing the install of the new Racetronix Teflon fuel line kit and the dual 340 intank pump kit, that setup moves enough fuel for 220 lb injectors. I will be going back and forth between a FAST and the new SD2 chip to control it too.

Yes it will! We will be detailing the install of the new Racetronix Teflon fuel line kit and the dual 340 intank pump kit, that setup moves enough fuel for 220 lb injectors. I will be going back and forth between a FAST and the new SD2 chip to control it too.
Cool. I plan on running my Cadillac with a 272" TA aluminum stage 2 on E85 with dual 340's, 160's and an SD2 chip.

Ok I'm at a day or two behind but as Mr Brown stayed what's up with the injectors I have a question what is the least rate you can run verses the MPG I know the corn deal switchs it up but let's just say that this was on pump gas how would it work?

smaller injectors will not improve MPG the ecu controls the amount of fuel that goes into the engine. It is all in the programming

Sall
Ok I'm at a day or two behind but as Mr Brown stayed what's up with the injectors I have a question what is the least rate you can run verses the MPG I know the corn deal switchs it up but let's just say that this was on pump gas how would it work?
Smaller injectors atomize better. Because of this,it's a good idea to run as small as possible while still meeting your WOT fuel demands if you are concerned about efficiency. The good news about alcohol is that it naturally atomizes better than gasoline,so the bigger injector doesn't have as negative an effect on atomization as it does on gasoline.

That's a very generic statement that can vary based on the injectors being tested to back it up, and the fuel pressure will also play a role in that as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Force gasoline through a small hole and it will atomize better. Pump the same gasoline at the same pressure through a larger hole and you won't get the same amount of atomization. It's a matter of physics. It never changes. Pressure is a different issue. As you raise the pressure of the fuel,the atomization increases through any given hole size. The smaller hole will always atomize better than a larger hole at any given pressure.

While I generally agree with your statement the real question is does it make a difference in performance in the REAL WORLD. As long as we are not talking about some crazy injector mismatch it works fine with no negative effect that I can see in logging and dyno testing.
Mike

While I generally agree with your statement the real question is does it make a difference in performance in the REAL WORLD. As long as we are not talking about some crazy injector mismatch it works fine with no negative effect that I can see in logging and dyno testing.
Mike
There was a question about fuel mileage. It is common to see recommendations of 60 lb/hr injectors to a person with a bone stock car. The thinking is to be done with it and not need to buy injectors for a long time. I think this is unwise in relationship to efficiency and fuel mileage. If a person is concerned about efficiency,he should buy as much injector as his WOT demand dictates and no more. The other thing to do is to use an injector that is smaller than the ones generally used for a specific HP goal and run higher pressure. This would help atomization. Now if you want to talk about maximum HP for a given combo, you have to have enough fuel for the motor. What ever it takes to get that is all that matters. Our hands are tied as far as how efficient they atomize for low speed operation. Again,the good news it that alcohol needs less help to atomize well. I'm only speaking to efficiency/mileage not maximum performance. I'm speaking to the person who wants maximum power for his combo and also the best possible mileage.

Mike & Ttype6 thank you both for the info I guess I'll make my question more specific if I was to run on 87 pump gas and have a similar 4.1 combo what would be the smallest injectors to run and still get about 20 to 25 mpg all while hoping to get into the 10s ?

Mike & Ttype6 thank you both for the info I guess I'll make my question more specific if I was to run on 87 pump gas and have a similar 4.1 combo what would be the smallest injectors to run and still get about 20 to 25 mpg all while hoping to get into the 10s ?

87...in the 10's... AND 20+mpg...and small injectors...

Something doesn't make sense here...

It's good to see how well this project is moving along, I screwed around for 4 years before getting mine back together.

87 octane pump gas? NOOOOOOOOOO. Ah no. Nope. No way. No.

The motor and trans are in the car, we are working to get everything hooked up, replacing the missing engine harness took much longer than I remember. hoping to fire it by the weekend. Two other uild threadswill be posted soon. One for the Racetronix fuel system with lines and double pumper for E85 and he Rear suspension with the new UMI control arms and sway bar set up. I am getting excitied here

You're in Detroit area, right? Think you'll have this thing out for Woodward?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app