Aeromotive 340 Stealth Fuel Pump. Anyone use one yet?

Summit has these in stock again(for now). Seems like demand for the center inlet 11140 pump is higher than supply. Jegs told me late June to get one, summit said early may, but it shipped on Wednesday, and the site shows them in stock. I had phoned a few other places in mid march as well and they said good luck.

if you install the aeromitive 340 pumps. id highly recommend going at least 10 gauge to the relay and at least 12 to the pump. i installed one in a 300 zx and even with 12 gauge on the output side of the relay to the pump, you could feel the wire getting warm after 30 seconds of operation. they pull alot of amps

from aeromotive A1000 fuel pump,cant you tell me exactly how many fitting that i need thanhs

if you install the aeromitive 340 pumps. id highly recommend going at least 10 gauge to the relay and at least 12 to the pump. i installed one in a 300 zx and even with 12 gauge on the output side of the relay to the pump, you could feel the wire getting warm after 30 seconds of operation. they pull alot of amps

Strange that the jumper harness that comes in the kit looks to be about 20 gauge...

Strange that the jumper harness that comes in the kit looks to be about 20 gauge...

noticed that huh, lol.

i had the pump out a couple times, and repinning the pump connector for 12 gauge wires was one of the reasons.... lucky me though you can access the fuel sender from the hatch area. id guess that with a full tank of gas,the wires would prolly be cooled off from the mass of liquid anyways, just makes me un-easy

actually i think the instructions say to run 10 gauge or somthing like that

Just an FYI ... we never said it might be a 'kinked fuel line' in our reply.
You are also assuming the pump has failed before proper diagnosis has been done. :rolleyes:

Ok I pulled the tank out and checked for leaks inside the tank. There were none. while the tank was out I decided to bench test the pump and it worked great. I then put the pump back into the tank and put the tank into the car and tested it by putting power to the harness below the tank and it again worked.

So FYI my racetronix pump WORKS GREAT!! It is an electrical problem with the car. Just happen to coincide with my recent pump install. I hate wiring problems and was really hoping it was the pump as that would be easy to fix by swapping. I am going to have to find this wire gremlin over the next few weeks.

Racetronix was correct I shouldn't have assumed the pump has failed before proper diagnosis.

Jarred.

Zero Residual Pressure?

Hi All,

Got my fuel system finished today, jumpered the pump and ran it at 50 PSI for 10 minutes with no leaks. The very SECOND I kill the pump, the rail bleeds down to 0. My system is pretty much all new, Aeromotive 340HP pump, new lines, MSD 50# injectors just back from Mr. Leeper's flow bench. WTF? Is this something I need to be concerned with or just build on and "F" it?

Hi All,

Got my fuel system finished today, jumpered the pump and ran it at 50 PSI for 10 minutes with no leaks. The very SECOND I kill the pump, the rail bleeds down to 0. My system is pretty much all new, Aeromotive 340HP pump, new lines, MSD 50# injectors just back from Mr. Leeper's flow bench. WTF? Is this something I need to be concerned with or just build on and "F" it?

Sounds like the check valve on the pump isn't holding pressure properly. I suggest you put your Walbro back in and see if that fixes it :biggrin:

sounds like everone is selling the same pump in a diferent wraper, cant wait to see how it works out.

Sounds like the check valve on the pump isn't holding pressure properly. I suggest you put your Walbro back in and see if that fixes it :biggrin:

NOT! It'll be a cold day in he!! before that tank gets dropped again! I'd be pulling the bed off first. :( But for now I'll live with it...

You should do yourself a favor and cut a access hole in the trunk floor like I do on all my cars and install a $25. 12" x 12" ac access panel-I can pull the pump out anytime in under 5 minutes!

You should do yourself a favor and cut a access hole in the trunk floor like I do on all my cars and install a $25. 12" x 12" ac access panel-I can pull the pump out anytime in under 5 minutes!

could you provide a pic of said access panel and where do you get the access panel from?

Hi All,

We had the same problem and the talon did not run/tune right. But we thought it was the way our DSM pump hanger needs the pump nipple to snap up into it with a o-ring and plastic adapter.

It did not snap in as well as a Walbro. So for right now we are running a walbro. But we modified our DSM housing with a AN to barb fitting. So that a hose will go straight onto the pump this time.

I think my friend sent that pump back and we will try a new 340 aero pump with the modified hanger. I will post back when I have the info.

We had the same problem and the talon did not run/tune right. But we thought it was the way our DSM pump hanger needs the pump nipple to snap up into it with a o-ring and plastic adapter.

It did not snap in as well as a Walbro. So for right now we are running a walbro. But we modified our DSM housing with a AN to barb fitting. So that a hose will go straight onto the pump this time.

I think my friend sent that pump back and we will try a new 340 aero pump with the modified hanger. I will post back when I have the info.

I'm not following your situation, nipple? adapter??? As you can see, my hanger looks nothing like a GN's. This is the factory S-10 hanger with the 10 yo Walbro 340 still in place. I neglected to take pix of the Aero once it was in, but there was a bit more "alteration" to get it in place. There is only a hose with 2 clamps between the pump and the upper plate.

Attachments

• s100_1617.jpg
    s100_1617.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 265
  • s100_1618.jpg
    s100_1618.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 249
  • s100_1621.jpg
    s100_1621.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 259