Aluminum Grand National Rims

well maybe if people would start to refer to them as "wheels" instead of just a "rim" the OP would have responded.:rolleyes:

That's getting technical...:D

WHEEL
A circular frame or disk arranged to revolve on an axis, as on or in vehicles or machinery. This would be the center section of the unit that bolts to the axles.

RIM
A circular strip of metal forming the connection between an automobile wheel and tire, either permanently attached to or removable from the wheel. This would be the the part that the tire seals against.

So I guess people could call them either one since both parts are named differently.:p

Guys PLEASE your going to have to stand down and WAIT till Brian posts any and all updates on these rims. For those that don't know his wife just passed away the other day give him a little slack. There is zillions of hours that goes into taking on a project like this. No less in the end Brian will most likely wind up losing his a$$ selling these or hardly making any profit at all. It might take a year it might take 5 years to make this happen. At least he is working on something. Go buy some cheap rims for your cars and WAIT till these are done and ready for sale from him. Trust me, I'm sure when he has them done he's gonna want to sell them as fast as he can to everyone who is looking for them so don't worry you won't miss the bus when the time comes. At the rate this thread is going it's going to be 70 pages long of posts with people asking about an update! Just relax and wait.

subscribed.
A 17" GNX rim would be sweet, but those alum GN rims are what should have been on the car in 87.

I'm patient, and can wait to see what comes of all this.
Brian, take your time and give us a quality product.

awesome Rims. Will you be making some Knight Rider 15x7 Tubocast rims or GTA Rims?
I just saw turbobuicks post on ThirdGen.org

Im definently in for a set of gn 17"- ,2-7"s &2-8"s -whenever you get them ready for sale, pre deposit or whatever.

I plan on keeping the outside lip the same as the factory. Unless we get alot of no We don't want it. The lip I was referring to, as far as keeping it clean is the lip on the shell or barrel. It is about an inch back in towards the center from the outside lip. If you compare the original to the ones above it you should be able to see it.

As far as the 17" GNX wheels I posted a proto type we built about a year or so ago. Let me see if I can find it.
I found 1 from the side But I had posted a full front view. Must have accidently deleated it or saved it in a different file.

Any way you can see if you look we added a 1/2" bead around the center then powder coated it. You can tell the center setion has it. With this new company I think we can get it stretched instead of adding the 1/2" bead around it.
id take a set of these

Centerline wheel company has their own CNC machines to cut any design centers. They offer wheels in 15"-22". I would highly recommend one of the vendors to approach them with some drawings. When the design is done and agreed on, then they can cut to order in any diameter/width instead of waiting for any overseas manufacter and having to buy thousands to make it worth it.

Do we have any info on the pricing and even more importantly the estimated / anticipated weights of these wheels? ( ie: 15"- 18" )???

Aluminum GN wheel update

No pie in the sky. I have been back to work on these for the last Month. The center caps were a Major problem. We decided last week that we would do a 3" center opening that can fit a T-type cap or a GNX style cap. The GN cap we will also have to now produce tha will flare like the original but not be held down by the lug nuts.

Picture a Factory GN cap with out the metal retainer under the lugs. Then when you look at the inside it will have teeth like a T-cap or a GNX style cap.

Were working on drawings & mocking up a cap. I'm also hoping to get the metal retainer made like the factory GTA cap so we can sell them seperate for guys who have the old GTA caps & the after market units. This will repair the old units. Our caps will have the teeth but also the metal retainer. The cap will look factory from the outside. One thing about us when we build something we do it once & we do it right.

Thank You!

That's good to hear. Is there any way we could get an estimate on time? Just a ballpark estimate is better than nothing. I've been waiting a year now to get new rims. I absolutley love the stockers but hate the weight as I run my car at the track.

I would be really interested in the 18" GNX Wheels. I have a game on my Xbox called Midnight Club LA (hahah ik) in which I had a GNX with 18"ers and it looks amazing! Especially with the thin profile tires!