Anyone popped a head gasket with the power plate?

Originally posted by Chris McDade
Scott,
The car was running 10.80's with out the power plate. I installed the power plate and now the car is running 10.60's.

pshh...two tenths ain't sh!t...let wes drive and you'd be running 10.40's:rolleyes: :D

hey wes,have you looked at your cam yet?i bet some round lobes would cause reversion,bad performance and bad rod bearings.just my theory:).

later,sean

HAIL! HAIL! the Power Plate!! before I installed one I was ready to sell the car, but NOW! 45MPG, better idle, WOW seat of the pants increase, better radio reception and i will keep it away from my girlfriend, can't afford anymore kids.

:rolleyes: No offense Wes, but your wrong. The powerplate had nothing to do with your mishap. I see this post has gotten way long and out of hand. But trust me your wrong. So deal with it. Something else caused your cylinder to go rich if that indeed was the problem. The plate doesnt Restrict that much air if any. Once again, and hopefully this is the last post to this but WES, your wrong! No offense though bud seriously.

Scott:eek:

Originally posted by WFO

pshh...two tenths ain't sh!t...let wes drive and you'd be running 10.40's:rolleyes: :D

hey wes,have you looked at your cam yet?i bet some round lobes would cause reversion,bad performance and bad rod bearings.just my theory:).

later,sean

maybe! :D thats why i love this community .....love everywhere :D
yea maybe im wrong..maybe im not ...i dont really care....my motor is blown and i wont put the plate back in during the rebuild..... o well.... :)

Anyone popped a head gasket with the power plate?
Back to the original question... I havent heard of anyone, but if i keep beating on mine as hard as i do, i might just be the first one. Geee...Lucky me :eek: So far im runnin 25 lbs on 93. Granted, thats w/ alky, but i dont think id be able to do that w/o a PP. Or you can look at the PP as cheap insurance to a piss poor tune up. If your gonna melt down a cylinder, why be it just 5 or 6, lets see if we can smoke all 6 simultainiously :D

if you found a worn cam lobe id bet that is were you problem started,do like i did and drop th G for the roller cam kit, and never worry about worn cam lobes again,( i hate braking in a hydraulic cam)
OJP

i just had my first child a month ago, and i was wondering why my sons head had all the strange shapes on it
DAMN THAT POWERPLATE ::mad: :mad:
watch your girlfriend and wives he is a smooth cat!!

Re: not a blown headgasket ...but.........

Originally posted by Wes
im not so sure about these powerplates tho.... i could attribute my spun bearing to a lack of air .....caused by the power plate restricting air intake therfore causing an awful amount of unburnt fuel sitting in my intake and in my oil when i disassembled my motor.......... im taking mine out , im not saying everyone should do this ..... but i am

There shouldnt be fuel in the intake. This is a port fuel injection setup. Fuel is sprayed at the valve. If you got fuel in the intake, then you had too much backpressure, or some other cause of excessive reversion

:D LOL More jizz distribution<-----HAHAH thats the funniest thing I've heard in my entire life. Good one Jim. Now back to Wes. Go ahead and dont use it, but youd be better off with it. The results are spoken for and the results themselves show it. Your building a nice engine, hate to blow the headgasket. (I really think your gonna put it on there) I just think your sayin your not because you have too much pride to admit that you were convinced. Am I right? We are here no more than to help Wes. Let it out. Share your feelings.

Scott

IMHO:

There is no way that you can determine whether mixture played a role in bearing destruction using your current system. O2 millivolts are measured as a whole, not as individual cylinders. If you had an O2 sensor in each exhaust runner , THEN you could pinpoint individual cylinder mixture. All it takes is one locked injector to skew the readings for all cylinders. I seriously doubt that the powerplate had anything to do with the destruction either. If a cylinder were rich, cylinder pressure would be lower. Extra fuel would be washing the walls and ending up in the oil. The damage to the suspect cylinder would be mostly to the walls, the dilution of the oil would cause widespread distruction to all bearing surfaces and friction surfaces. :eek:

Hi, my name is Rick........I am a powererplateaholic.......clap...clap....clap..it all started at the Nats when Dad fired up the leaf blower and let me feel the output of the valves. Since then my life has changed. I must never revert to my old ways of uneven air distribution. Now that I have experienced the even blow I will never revert back to my old lifestyle of uneven airflow. I would be remiss if I neglected #6. I would just feel to guilty.

Thanks........
Rick takes his seat.

boo-hoo-hoo....im sorry ....i cant take it anymore....i dont know where my life is going anymore.....its the plate...it haunts me in my sleep and its all i can think about anymore....what can i do...what can i do , maybe one more chance...maybe

I thought it was the powerplate with those perfectly placed holes and shiny personality, my girlfriends been acting funny around my car lately.

>crap intercooler! my scanmaster recorded 0.0 retard and only 850mv ....850 is NOT extremely rich...... like i said ...restriction of air...... <

850 millivolts is roughly 11:1 air fuel ratio, 805 is 12:1. That is more the culprit than anything else. Whats your blm at idle?

Sorry about the motor problems, those suck, but I think there is way more to that than the plate.

Before I put the PP on I measured the temperature of each cylinder on the exhaust manifold with a portable pyrometer. At idle, there was more than 100deg difference between the cylinders. 5 was the hottest. After the PP there was only a 10 deg difference. I guess exhaust temperature at idle may not say much but I was surprised at the difference. Does a more even temperature at idle mean more even fueling at WOT? I know I don't know but I was still amazed at the difference.

so ...how many more ppl are going to tell me that the pp is not the culprit...i think i get the idea .....anyways...i made a mistake ..my o2 mv werent 850 they were 800...i was reminded by my bud who was at the track who looked at the scanmaster too....so i wasnt really as rich as i thought....altho i do know the stock o2 is crap ...so that reading doesnt mean its the god awful truth .....anyways...im gonna give the pp another chance.... :cool:

o yea..i dont know what my blm's at idle are ....i am unable to check them ...and it seemed non-important to check that at the time when i was about to **** my pants because i heard a pop in my motor..and then a whole lot of knocking ! :D