Anyone running propane injection?

I understand the "intent" of the propane system, but aside from a business profit, and intelectual challenge, it sometimes amazes me how much effort is put into the concept of running maximum boost on pump gas. If this much effort was put into a race gas/pump gas switchable fuel system this would not only put a end to alky/propane injection, but yet same hours and hours of tuning and risk.

Obviously, for max HP applications alky/propane doesn't apply, so aren't we appealing to a certain market? I am not trying to take any of the efforts away from Jay C or anybody else involved, but I'd rather have a a tank of pump gas and a switch to transfer over to race gas when needed. Aint no way I'd gamble my engines on anything else then C-16. When somebody markets this type of system, I'll buy one. JMHO.

Contact Tom Shea then. He's been selling that system for years.

I'm done in this thread guys. This is turning into exactly what I figured it would.

ekool, your response stuck out like a sore thumb. I have read all 30 pages and it's obvious that this kit is his alone.

Chris, my eyes are sore from all the reading. Might not have been so bad if I didn't have to look at the 'covered butt' about a 100 times! :D

Either it's that good, or it's that bad, to be covered. Makes me wonder which! :)

Maybe she is just shy?

Originally posted by Turbo__Tim
ekool, your response stuck out like a sore thumb. I have read all 30 pages and it's obvious that this kit is his alone.

Chris, my eyes are sore from all the reading. Might not have been so bad if I didn't have to look at the 'covered butt' about a 100 times! :D

Either it's that good, or it's that bad, to be covered. Makes me wonder which! :)

Maybe she is just shy?

All 30 pages...That must have took some time...

Thanks for the response. We do take pride in building our own kit without ever seeing any other shops kits either in picture or in person. Lots of time, effort and design when into the kit. We know it is a great system and many other do and will also.

The butt is that good. Actually she was walking over to get some shots of her on the hood and as she smacked her own behind I snappe dthe pic. That is why it is a bit out of focus..But still worth showing!

butt.jpg

Originally posted by Turbo__Tim

Perhaps some background reading might change your opinion.

http://www.3si.org/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70948

Please note the dates on that thread, versus the dates on the thread you read.

And, a nice quote from Mr. Import Power himself:

Water alky injection is easier to fill, I mean, It's water, you can get that everywhere. And a Propane tank in the car? I will stay with Alky/Water inj. Not that Propane is not just as or not better. I just think IMO the water/alky is more convenient

The kit is different, thats not the issue. The issue is that IPO basicly let DR do all the research, and is now claiming to have done his "own" research for "3" months when that is clearly NOT THE CASE. I have proved IPO as a liar time and time again, and this "claim" is no different.

In fact, based off the questions that IPO himself asked DR in that very thread, I would venture to say that almost everything he knows about propane injection he learned from DR.

If you dont see a problem with this, then that is your decision. I have morals and would never do anything like that. Nor can I condone other people doing it. Call me old fashioned.

BTW, I do not work for DR and am not affiliated with them in any way. Matt Monett at DR is a good friend of mine tho, and I hate to see this type of thing happen to someone who took a risk to come out with something new and spent alot of time and money doing R&D.

I am not going to let this get into a pissing match as it did on 3si. Truth is DR did NOT come up with the idea of injecting propane. That was thought up and implimented years before DR "thought it up". With this train of thought no one but the First developers of Water or Alky injection should be allowed to develop thier own kits and sell them.

DR made a great kit, made it years after someone else came up with the idea and way after it was already on the market. Were they wrong for doing that? NO

Import Power Online built thier own kit. Brought it to market cheaper and without copying any other kit that was already out. Tell me again what we did bad?

And to infer DR was first to even think about bringing it to the 3000GT and Stealth market so no one else should even attempt to "COPY" DR and bring a kit to market...
Our kit is universal as is DR's. We have now sold to just about every turbo market that is out there. Fords, Pontiacs, hondas, Acuras, Buicks, Mistu and DSM. It is being VERY well received.

We (IPO) are not here to argue. Just stating the facts.

We have a kit. It is available. It is (after 7-31) only $350 shipped. It is NOT a copy of ANY OTHER design out there. It is EASY to tune requiring NO jets to change out.

That is good for all!

And at no time did we have any technical knowledge of parts or implimentation of the DR kit which I do think (though just a guess) uses different parts than the IPO kit. So again, how did we use DR's R&D?

As stated previous this was developed with Diesel Perfomance Products. They have vast knowledge of Propane. That is who did my Propane thinking for me, Not DR.

Originally posted by import power on
And at no time did we have any technical knowledge of parts or implimentation of the DR kit which I do think (though just a guess) uses different parts than the IPO kit. So again, how did we use DR's R&D?

As stated previous this was developed with Diesel Perfomance Products. They have vast knowledge of Propane. That is who did my Propane thinking for me, Not DR.

I see, the tons of questions that you asked DR about how much boost on propane, how much propane, how it works, basicly... every question you asked DR you kindly fergot and then re-asked from another company.

My bad... I should have known.

I wont post any more on this subject, anyone in here can see exactly what happened and will decide wether or not to do business with you.

I'll just add one last thing. If i call a tuner or ask a tuner a ton of questions about something I've never used before, and the tuner takes the time to answer my questions.. I'm certainly not going to reward the tuner by coming out with a product that does exactly the same thing. Thats wrong no matter how you slice it.

That's the problem with most ideas.They're really not new,just applied differently for different app's[that's engineering].So who cares?Does it work?Is it well executed?Sounds like this could be a winner.I like the idea.No extra cells,pumps,programming,just a propane tank and some hook ups.The tank should last quite a while from what I'm reading,not a couple of passes like a 5 gallon fuel cell.God help you if you run out of fuel in the middle of a pass.:(
I think Jay's got a winner here.Better start saving my pesos.:D

Errr, RK, that is actually Power Imports kit that is being discussed. The major difference is the price that it is being offered at. Jays kit will have some nicer features though. More money, more quality...

Yup Tim,I know.I was just getting out my opinion of Jay's kit vs. a cell.I think this whole thread was originally about Jay's kit?Correct me if I'm wrong here.:)

No harm done,no foul.It's nice to know your options.How easy is it to adapt the Import kit to the Buick,and will it come with the same build quality as the Carter kit.Is it expandable,for instance?

Originally posted by The Radius Kid
Yup Tim,I know.I was just getting out my opinion of Jay's kit vs. a cell.I think this whole thread was originally about Jay's kit?Correct me if I'm wrong here.:)

You are correct RK! Sorry, I had brain damage from reading some 400 posts.....

Even today I can't get rid of the image of that covered butt. :)

As noted we do not use off the shelf products. We couldn't find the High flow parts we needed to get good results. Here is an example. The High Flow needle valve. It adjusts by turning over 6 complete turns which means very precise fine tuning. The best we found was a great needle valve, very tight control, but it was too restrictive as they all are. Here are the before and after pics. We had them machined out for HIGH FLOW. There is restriction when blowing thru the original and you can't blow fast or hard enuf thru the machined one to feel any restriction.

Before:
small1.jpg

After:
big1.jpg

Before:
small2.jpg

After
big2.jpg