Anyone running propane injection?

Originally posted by Steve Wood

I would be gravely concerned if it did.

So then when posting your opinion, please post things as such, you don't speak for WE.

I finally got to see it!!!!

I made a trip out to Baytown Saturday, and ran into an old friend...none other than Kenny Brown himself. I must say it is unique, and what I saw was not the final kit, but it looked good.

Kenny is still testing and tuning, but man...it's cool!!

Erik

Hey IPO

How much boost did your test GN end up running, and with what kind of timing? I am currently debating on alky or propane. I've seen what alky can do, but I haven't seen any real numbers on timing/boost with 93 gas and propane. I currently get knock with my KB hot flash chip and only 10 psi. I have heard alky has given as much as 22+ psi on a race chip. Is propane closely matched to this?

Our test car is a VR4 twin Turbo. We get knock on 91 pump starting at 14psi but can run 20+psi with little to zero knock and can run 18-19 psi with no knock all day long.:)

Kenny is running 23 PSI with a regular street chip. I believe he has spent the majority of his time doing tuning work and ironing out changes to the system instead of swapping chips all over the place. I'm sure that's whats coming next.

Given the fact that he is running 23 PSI with 0 knock, Im sure he could go higher. We just haven't. At this point I think a 5 PSI gain is pretty respectable. I believe the whole problem with him not running more than 23 PSI is that he can't get the boost up any higher than that. Might be time for a new actuator.

Help

Any one reading this any more???

The link to the provider of the low injection propane dealer has gone dead.

Anyone have this system and willing to sell it or send me details on its making and fuction please help.

I finaly got my funds together to find him gone.

Anyone got his phone number??

Please share you can email me at racprops@cox.net

Darn my slow income...

Rich

Don't get me wrong, propane does help...but it ain't alcohol ;) . Propane is temperature sensitive - alcohol isn't. Propane isn't supplied progressively - alcohol is. Propane doesn't appear to have much/any continued development - alcohol most definitely does. If you do want to purchase a propane kit, I have the OGS kit, even bought a second bottle so that I would always be ready to go - complete and unbutchered. I would be happy to get $400 shipped for it - REALLY happy. :p

I can't believe a thread gets resarected after over 3 YEARS. the last post was September 18th, 2002

I can't believe a thread gets resarected after over 3 YEARS. the last post was September 18th, 2002

Shall we bring it back from the dead again? Is anyone still running propane injection? I see that Import Power Online is no more, I ran this kit years ago on a Eagle Talon TSI and had good results. I now drive a 2000 Lightning and looking into propane injection again or alcky injection.

Thoughts? Any kits available still?

Chris

I have a kit that I pulled out of my car last year that is collecting dust on a shelf in the garage, I will sell it if interested. But I don't believe I will be able to ship the tank unless it goes Ground, I would have to check on that.

Shall we bring it back from the dead again? Is anyone still running propane injection? I see that Import Power Online is no more, I ran this kit years ago on a Eagle Talon TSI and had good results. I now drive a 2000 Lightning and looking into propane injection again or alcky injection.

Thoughts? Any kits available still?

Chris

Contact JayC at BigWoodRacing or pm here... He was the original propane buick guy... We also have a new trick alky controller that is simply amazing:biggrin:

No headgasket wrenching in over three years!

The Propain system worked for me... :biggrin:

This idea needs to be brought back, and enhanced! :biggrin:

The Propain system worked for me... :biggrin:

This idea needs to be brought back, and enhanced! :biggrin:

any track #s ??? We had a kit on a car here.. Didn't race it but really wasn't impressed. Threw an Alky kit on it and it was a difference of night an day :cool:

Track numbers...

I will have the car at the track for early spring runs in April with cold air.
It will reflect Colorado's thin air. I trap 108 to 112 mph with my setup in street trim.

I get no knock at all at 23lbs and 91 octane fuel. I also run a small shot of nitrous and have yet to have issues with head gaskets which was the primary reason I went with the system.