Anyone running propane injection?

Where does the 22% come from (isnt 24psi 29.2% more than 17psi?)? Depending on the turbo, wouldnt the volume of o2 be different at 24psi (a TA-49 compared to say a LT-70?)
7/31.7. Don't forget about the first bar.

Whats aslo not taken into account here is the fact that alky and propane will cool the air charge down. Propanes boiling point is -43°. That has to have and effect on the octane required to run a certain amount of boost.
Actually, that is my point. Something else, like the cooling effect, is happening instead of just the added octane of propane. With water and alky the cooling effect on the air charge is only a small part. The main effect is in the vaporization that goes on in the combustion chamber. And I don't mean the "steam" power, although that is a small factor too.

Tom

Originally posted by Steve Wood
Check out the latent heat of vaporization of the above cited DOE chart. :)
And if I recall correctly, water's is like 3 times alky.

Tom

I got my system tuned up real good.
The car had been sitting in the sun for hours getting all warmed up.

I started to drive around in the 100+ sun in AZ I was nailing 3rd gear from 2500rmp thru to redline. At first I was able to get it to 840C EGT after 20 minutes of abuse the tank, line and other related parts were getting more chilled and at the end she wouldn't go over 800C. Pretty cool when your temps go DOWN while hitting it hard in the sun!

Originally posted by JayC
Well, we decided to kick it old school for the electronics. Basically you turn the knob and a bird comes out and flys into the trunk and turns a valve then comes back and gets back in the box waiting for the next adjustment ala' Flinstones style.

What do you think?

Seems to me an octopus would work better in this case (they make excellent diswashers, too). I'm assuming you're using the bird because it's cheaper, right?

Exactly.. trying to keep the cost down.. birds work cheaper and eat less.

Not sure if it was mentioned already, but is something going to be done to the design of the bottle? I mean, the "regular" propane tanks used for grills is pretty damn hideous. I do show the car and maybe something on the lines of a nitrous bottle would be much more appealing. Is this a possibility??

TIA

Originally posted by Boston Boy
Not sure if it was mentioned already, but is something going to be done to the design of the bottle? I mean, the "regular" propane tanks used for grills is pretty damn hideous. I do show the car and maybe something on the lines of a nitrous bottle would be much more appealing. Is this a possibility??

TIA

May be a bit unsightly but they are almost bullet proof!

Check with your local propane dealer. There are many other size and shape containers that can be purchased. If the dealer does fuel conversions he may have some used tanks on hand. These tanks will be heaver gauge metal and fully DOT approved.

Gary :cool:

The tanks we are using are DOT approved. Our kit will ship with a tank most likely. That's the plan right now anyway.

Also, our mounting bracket is made for the tank we are using and some other odd shapes and sizes probably wouldn't work so well with it.

you guys need to read the posts on this board.........Bruce has rendered the need for any enhancements to fuel moot....24 lbs on 93 octane?

why are you wasting your time?

Originally posted by IronEagle119
They also weigh less, so you would run faster with the bird also.

Perhaps an octopus should be offered as an "upgrade" or "enhancement".

Originally posted by azgn
you guys need to read the posts on this board.........Bruce has rendered the need for any enhancements to fuel moot....24 lbs on 93 octane?

What are you refering to???

Wow.. guess I can just stop development now then.

Originally posted by JayC

Wow.. guess I can just stop development now then.

Good call Jay!!! :D

You should have read that other post first!!! LOL :rolleyes:

check the post on 009 injectors currently running

BTW-I have very large injectors, and I still need additional help to run serious boost on pump gas.

Propane is not only for the T-type crowd, but for anyone who is trying to get more boost out of their turbo car!

That is why this is so important to many of us! :cool:

I have no doubt that Bruce is doing what he's doing. If you want to spend the time tuning, you can accomplish a lot of things. However, sending chip X to guy Y with combination Z changes a whole lot of things and I don't know many people that would be willing to spend the kind of time on one car that it would take to get the kind of results Bruce is getting. I bet Bruce cant even begin to estimate the number of hours he has in tinkering with his toy.