Anyone running propane injection?

Originally posted by IronEagle119

They also weigh less, so you would run faster with the bird also.

Yes, but if the bird takes off and tries to fly in it's cage, will that speed up or slow down the car? :D

Originally posted by ijames

Yes, but if the bird takes off and tries to fly in it's cage, will that speed up or slow down the car? :D

When the bird takes off, that removes all weight from the car. The octapus on the other hand can't fly to reduce the weight of the car. HTH :p

Jay any news on the progress of the kit? Any new pictures of the system, I'd really like to see what the in car controller will look like too.

Here's an update for you.

Everything is coming along on schedule right now. As far as I know, all parts have been ordered and now we're just playing the waiting game. Hopefully Dan will be ready to do preorders next week.

I only have a prototype in car controller and it's really nothing special to look at. A light and a couple of knobs. The final unit will be a lot more spiffier and I believe Dan is planning to decal it up and everything.

I have sent Kenny the final pieces that should get his kit VERY close to the final kit. I'll have him take some photos and post them when he has all the new parts installed.

Cool,the "bird's" gonna get gussied up.:)
Is there going to be any way to monitor the bottle pressure from the seat,say with an expansion add on?

Yes but it's not cheap. We're using an industrial grade, MADE FOR PROPANE, transducer and gauge setup. It will be an optional add on.

Man !!!! I want it now !! every time I grill steaks I see that bottle and think of grilling some Supra's / forced induction stangs...

Beef it's what's for dinner ...? no it's just the propane I want.:D

Sign me up for a kit when it's complete. ( can I get a refund on your alky kit jay ? ) just kidding:)

Well, 20 kits are in use. All with great results. They are on Buick GN (was RIP:( ), MR2 turbo, Mustang SVO, Eclipse, 3000VR4, Typhoon, Supercharged Pontiac...

All have had great results. We are gearing up for the next run. For the next 20 kits we are going to do $300 shipped again. Shipping is close to $20 so that is a kit price of $280.

Please go here to order. Ship time will be a max of 2 weeks from the date of this post.

http://www.importpoweronline.com/propane.html

Damn, I've been gone for a little bit and come back to read that now the GN's are running propane !! Damn, I need to spend less time on my truck and more time on my Buick.:cool:

Jay is that your kit Dan is taking preorders for?

$570 :eek: Now I know you have the best parts and time involved but wow! I thought this kit was going to come in cheaper then that. And yet there is a upgrade and another price too.

Got any pics posted of the kit yet? I'm mean for $570 atleast I would like to see it first.

Please dont take this the wrong way. I'am sure that everyone is thankful for the time you spent on the kit. I know I still want one just going to have to save a little longer. :rolleyes:

That is my kit.

Hopefully we will have some pictures up shortly. Probably be a week or so right when the preorders are ready to ship.

I realize that the kit is a little more than people expected, however, I just couldn't do it any cheaper and feel confident that it was the best kit out there. I didn't want to use any rubber line and I wanted cockpit adjustability. If I had cheaped out, people would have cried about that so really it's a no win situation whichever way I woulda gone. As I said before, we have more in parts than the IPO kit sells for retail. No one is getting rich off this kit.

There are a couple of optional pieces that will be available for the kit but nothing really crucial to operation. In the winter months people will need some sort of bottle heater and we are in the process of having one custom made. Of course if you live somewhere where it doesnt get cold, then you don't need one. More on that later.

Originally posted by JayC

I realize that the kit is a little more than people expected, however, I just couldn't do it any cheaper and feel confident that it was the best kit out there.

Taken from a DSM vendor's website. (www.taboospeedshop.com)

You can have it
Fast, Cheap, or Good.
Pick any two.

Fast and Cheap won't be Good.

Cheap and Good won't be Fast.

Good and Fast won't be Cheap.

This is in no way taking anything away from the IPO kit.

Investing in a car for modification purposes should be done, IMO, with a long term perspective! ;)

I appreciate all the time JC has taken to research and test his product before selling it to us. I only hope he can make a decent profit on this kit for all the time invested in producing this kit... after all, there would be no incentive for him to "waste" his time pursuing this if there was no reward at the end of the day. :cool:

IMO I think the cost difference from his kit and Our Kit (IPO) is worth it. He does have more in it and it is higher end. He could have charged even more!

Propane/alchy

This seems like the latest fad now taking off.Get out that "mad scrilla" cause there will be 50 propane systems for sale @ BG 2003.I would just like to see data that reflects unbiased testing by an unbiased & qualified tester.Someone suggested that alcohol had no fueling value (BTU's).Why do my o2 crosscounts increase about 30 points during wot while under the influence of alcohol?

Re: Propane/alchy

Originally posted by turbolc2
Why do my o2 crosscounts increase about 30 points during wot while under the influence of alcohol?

You shouldn't see any cross counts at WOT ... if you do, it's going lean on you.

Are you talking O2 mv?

Re: Propane/alchy

Originally posted by turbolc2
This seems like the latest fad now taking off.Get out that "mad scrilla" cause there will be 50 propane systems for sale @ BG 2003.I would just like to see data that reflects unbiased testing by an unbiased & qualified tester.Someone suggested that alcohol had no fueling value (BTU's).Why do my o2 crosscounts increase about 30 points during wot while under the influence of alcohol?

You got O2 crosscounts during a WOT run :eek: How do you do that :confused:

Your O2's have to be dipping into the 500mv range to manage that :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Steve Wood
It's an interesting proposition and we will all be watching to see how it really performs.

Steve, speak for yourself. When you use the word we it tends to be inclusive of the GN community, and I for one speak for myself. Rarely if ever anything you say represents any views of mine.

Originally posted by azgn
you guys need to read the posts on this board.........Bruce has rendered the need for any enhancements to fuel moot....24 lbs on 93 octane?
why are you wasting your time?

Propane does alot more then just add a little octane.
And if your going to credit me with statements, please have a slight bit of truth to what you say. It tarnishes your credibility when you make such false statements.

Propane/Alchy

Turbo Dave-I use the word "crosscounts" since an o2 sensor almost seems cruedly sinusoidal in its mv output prior to wot.My comparison is that of a wot WITH ALCHY; 820MV vs NO ALCHY;780 MV.I do sort of understand that beyond wot o2's ignored,& learns are centered.Sorry to not clearly state what I'm thinking.Ken Mosher,maybe I've answered the question you asked me.