anyone see anything wrong with these sm readings.

Smoke test is a great way to find leaks. If your a smoker you can do it yourself with out buying the machine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

now i have to fined someone w ith a boost leak tester thingy . looked at the vac lines the only one that was bad was the one going to the canister it dry rotted and crusty .replaced it no change.

I'm lucky enough to be going to a community college with a auto program with a full garage 8 lifts tire machine alignment you name it. Prodemand log in info snap on diagnostic equipment everything. If you have one they might have a smoke tester you can use at their place. Just another route to go rather than pulling your map line and blowing non inhaled smoke into it until you fill the system and spot the leak. That is a lot of smoke and tastes like shit but works. A fog machine would also work, Halloween discounted maybe.

Sent from my XT1030 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

This should work...:D

image001.jpg

hey chuck so i should stick that up my gns tailpipes haha.tht thing looks like a collecters item.you must be a collecter.hey guys update went out and checked all the lines clamps checked my pipes for cracks.leaks ect.soo the clamp for the maf going to the inlet turbobell was loose tightend it. checked all the intake bolts plenum bolts throttle body bolts pcv .vacmeblock redid all those hoses .started the car let i get warm .now the blm s at idle its at 150ish but when give it throttle it goes to 128 and stays there even reving .but when i let it settle it slowly goes back up to 150ish.so went out while the car was running checked everthig again i started hearing a whistle at the thottlebody sounds like its coming fom those shaft seals.where can i gget them part#anyone done this how hard is it? hey chuck if those seals dont fix the problem i might have to borrow that contraption to stick it up my gns rectum to see what she tells about h pipes .thanks

thanks warlord and everyone else that replies and helped .i will keep you posted . i have a ported throttle body that i was waiting to put on till i got it running right.might as well put it on just to see if thats what it is .i'll beback .

Np bro. Thats what were here for.

Let us know of ur findings, or if u need more help

87 grand national
60 psi mototron injectors
V 5.7 tt chip
Accufab fuel pressure regulator
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Autometer Boost gauge
Under hood fuel press.gauge
Scanmaster

Check your driver side header for a crack between #3 & #5.

Looks like this pic i stole from turbobuicks,

Attachments

• header4.jpg
    header4.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 104
ok i do that tomorrow chris i did put that ported tb on feels much better throttle responce but i still here that whistle and the blms still go up when i let it settle after get it it warm i put it in park and the blms are at 128-130 then slowly rises to 150-160 . ill look at the 3&5 headers in the morning and see if i can pin point the the whistle in the throttlebody area .

If you can hear like a sucking or hissing its probably a vacuum line, another good way to find leaks is with a regular spray bottle like windex bottle fill it with water and some soap, spray your vacuum lines one by one you should be able to hear a sudden silence or difference in idle.

Some people like using carb cleaner and spray the vacuum lines when you hear a change in idle you found your problem.

Check your PCV valve area and the black vacuum hard lines on Tbody as well

Do you have a vacuum/boost gauge? Whats your vacuum on idle?

gonna do that soap thing tomorrow seams like when i get this fixed the car will run smooth then i can put te rest of the parts i have been putting together to go e85 all i need is the chip for my 60s and i'll have all the parts.

Ok what else would cause this. My car also runs 138-142 BL all the time. No header leak, also did the smoke test last week. No leaks. By the way car runs very well

Hey ray, have u tried doing a boost leak test yet?

87 grand national
60 psi mototron injectors
V 5.7 tt chip
Accufab fuel pressure regulator
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Hotwire kit
160 stat.
T04b turbo
K&N cone air filter
Dual radiator fans
Hooker exhaust
Autometer Boost gauge