Buick Southern Nationals @ Bradenton Fla.........NEW INFO added on 12/9/03

Originally posted by 1nadrag
Hey Jesse. You don't mind if I post this on other buick sites to try and get some GS's and other buicks out there do you.
Thanks Tom

:)

I'd love to see a who's the fastest Buick street car with 93 octane gas in the tank..nitrous, propane, alky, spit, water..dont care.. whatever.. really as long as the car is Buick powered, 3500 lbs with driver, and has all the equipment.. AC, PS, etc..

Yeah you can make power on C16.. lets see what you can do in real world conditions..

Who's the fastest? This is one question that is never answered.

Anyone want in? Only rules must have plain 93 octane or lower gasoline in the fuel tank and weigh at least 3500 lbs with driver. Run a PT88, Pt106, TE33..dont care.. who has the fastest real world Buick..

:D

Hey my girlfriends Grandma lives in Bradenton. Maybe we can make the trip down.

I would race my car too, if I didn't have to worry about the 1200 mile trip home. :mad:

Boy thats gonna be a long car ride.

Is there a website or flyer with dates, times, info, addresses, etc?

Jesse:

We are planning on going and look forward to it! However we need rules, classes and schedules. This would help us determine which car to take or maybe take both.

If you need help with this, we can offer some assistance.

Could you please provide us with the information?

Is there going to be a quick 16 class?

Please let us know ASAP.

See you there.

:cool:

JESSE

Can you confirm the dates of this event for me, I would like to work it into vacation schedule.

Thanks
9 sec.

9sec.

When we last heard from Jesse, Dec. 9th, he had stated March 6-7th, a few threads up.

Originally posted by Razor
I'd love to see a who's the fastest Buick street car with 93 octane gas in the tank..nitrous, propane, alky, spit, water..dont care.. whatever.. really as long as the car is Buick powered, 3500 lbs with driver, and has all the equipment.. AC, PS, etc..

Yeah you can make power on C16.. lets see what you can do in real world conditions..

Who's the fastest? This is one question that is never answered.

Anyone want in? Only rules must have plain 93 octane or lower gasoline in the fuel tank and weigh at least 3500 lbs with driver. Run a PT88, Pt106, TE33..dont care.. who has the fastest real world Buick..

:D

I'd be in, but I know I'd lose...I'm not even in the 11's yet...though I race my car exactly as I drive it. Sometimes I open the dump, but it doesn't make much difference. I'm thinking of turning the boost down to run more consistent this year. I got second place and broke out on the final run. :(

Great..you'd be welcome.. I too run my car like I normally drive it cept tires.

I know of 5-7 cars so far that would compete.. hey and 12.39.. you may just win.. Well 2nd place if I run :rolleyes:

Bring it on..lets see some real street action.

Jesse..you mind a separate class.. outlaw on 93 octane. :D

Razor, why don't you join me in entering the Hot Rod REAL Street Car shootout? They require you to run only 93 octane pump gas, with a few other rules. Perhaps, we can have the "Outlaw on 93 octane" class follow along Hot Rods rules?

93 octane class

Cal, we're thinking on the same lines. Tho according to the rules for the Hot Rod deal, they only allow H2O. Which I think favors big cubic inch motors. And the fact, its hard to compete against a 2300 lb Vega with a 572 BBC running 8.0:1 compression w/ an 10:71 at 6 PSI. So theyre working on the same idea. I just wanted to make it a little more fun for us that play with alternative injection at the track. And make it more typical street Buick. hence the 3500 lb vehicle weight. Only thing is this class descriminates against our hybrid cars due to the weight.

A lot of our cars currently have an alky, water, propane kit installed. And I would say 100 percent are street vehicles. So I was thinking of doing a class for those that are on the bleachers and get them to have a little fun.

So far..according to posts and research i've done, appears the lower 11's/high 10's seems to be the mark. As of middle of 2003. I cant see a reason why there shouldnt be faster cars. But hey..now you know why I want to add this category.

Becuase of vehicle weight and displacement, I doubt we could ever really be competitive in the Hot Rod shootout. But the idea is the same... cept to me.. I want a little more then H20 allowed. This is where I feel Hot Rod missed the boat. But thats an Anti-Buick/ anti low cubic inch magazine anyways. Not indicative of the real cars on the street.

I'll put some money up.. if there's interest :D

Originally posted by DFAST1TTYPE
Jesse:

We are planning on going and look forward to it! However we need rules, classes and schedules. This would help us determine which car to take or maybe take both.

If you need help with this, we can offer some assistance.

Could you please provide us with the information?

Is there going to be a quick 16 class?

Please let us know ASAP.

See you there.

:cool:

Sent you a PM. :)
Can you confirm the dates of this event for me, I would like to work it into vacation schedule.

The dates are March 6th & 7th.

I will have the link up soon with the info. I will put the info here too, Iam sorry about the delays guys :eek:

.you mind a separate class.. outlaw on 93 octane.

Pump gas (max 93) and street tires............humm sounds like a daily driver class to me :) ....any takers ?

Jesse

Originally posted by Jesse

Pump gas (max 93) and street tires............humm sounds like a daily driver class to me :) ....any takers ?

Jesse

I'll take one balls out class entry :)

I'll paint some grooves on my MT street tires :D

Its only an 11 second car once in a while :)

Originally posted by blackshoebox
This is going to be entertaining. Anybody going to be trying out the new M/T drag radials?

Yeah I have a set, but i've misplaced the grooves :D