Buick Southern Nationals @ Bradenton Fla.........NEW INFO added on 12/9/03

sounds good...for the "real driver" class all you have to do is drive on those tires from your house to the track...:D

Just hope it doesnt rain :eek:

hehe

So anyone want in to a pump gas class.. non leaded, 93 octane Amoco's finest.

Well????

Roll call???

Only rules weight and octane. Or weight, octane, and dot tires?

BMP roll bar issue is 11.49.. actually they'll let ya play at 11.2-11.4 couple times. Just bring a jacket and helmet.

I think it would be cool to have a "run what ya brung" class.

Drive from your house to the track, and run. No C16, no slicks, no adjustments of any kind. Just cool it down and hit the track. A real grudge match. You will see me in the same trim at the track as you will see me at the next stop light...:D

Unfortunately, I prolly won't be in the top five, but it would be fun.:cool:

Thats the exact point being made. Cept at the track, we typically air tires down, so they can work.

I have bout 6-8 cars I know off will be playing.. I think if we can get 8-10 more.. may make it a lot of fun.

"REAL daily driver" class...

Just some thoughts...

Car must be driven from drivers place of residence to the track. No trailers.

Alchy OK?
No slicks?
A/C a must?
Aluminum heads OK?
liquid intercooler OK?
Battery in front or trunk don't matter?
full interior a must?
no spare or jack OK?
93 octane a must?
tire pressure don't matter?

Stage motors, twin turbo and tubbed chassis out of the question...

A side note;
The last time I was at the track, was at Bradenton last year. I ran 13.2 with stock turbo and street tires. I have since put on a TE44 and Nitto DR's. Is it possible to hit 11.99 with this combo? I also have 009's, 2800 stall, intercooler and 1/2, alchy...

Look to me..if it weighs 3500 lbs and runs on 93 octane.. I dont care. I doubt your going to see any serious car playing with 93, hey if you can get your 3500 lb brick into the 9's on 93..you'll be the fastest in the land. Cars with fiberglass, lite weight wheels, gutted interiors wont make the weight.

Actually mid 10's and your the fastest.

Can you break into the 11's..sure with traction, weather, and boost. But the car has to be on the money tune wise. A typical times with a 44 and ohh ohh 9's is like low 12's on alky. typical..average, etc..

Trivia.. who's the fastest on 93 octane? And full weight...slicks,dr's, whatever..dont care.

:confused:

On the cubic inch deal.. 109 block makes that easy. But still I woulndt mind even seeing a stage buick run the number on 93.

Just thinking out loud.

Good catch.

Now I would personally ASSume that the heavy hitters from out of state aren't going to bother coming down.

Jesse, what is up?

Originally posted by jsta6
Good catch.

Now I would personally ASSume that the heavy hitters from out of state aren't going to bother coming down.

Jesse, what is up?

Well from reading one of Louie's posts in the TSM section it looks like he knows more than we do:rolleyes: It looks like there will be a TSM race, but it won't be in the books (for the points series)......

Oh well the more things change the more they stay the same!

Scott Simpson said........

"Jesse is holding a 109 Outlaw race. This has nothing to do with TSM. I twice e-mailed Jesse and sent him a Private Message via this board. He did not respond.

I need to move on and get to work on obtaining sponsors for the series. Frequently the first question I get (when I am asking for money) is: Where you racing this year?"

-EDIT

***Looks like Jesse was told he could only utilize one day or the other for holding a race, so this means he could not have TSM and 109 Outlaw at this event....... Oh well, some of the TSM guys are not coming down to race (guess they're scared to race with the Outlaws) but 109 Outlaw should still be very interesting:cool:***

Originally posted by 86brick
Well from reading one of Louie's posts in the TSM section it looks like he knows more than we do:rolleyes: It looks like there will be a TSM race, but it won't be in the books (for the points series)......

Oh well the more things change the more they stay the same!

Brick,
Are you talking about me ? If so please elaborate? I have never said any of the above things. I guess im confused by the rolleyes: I have posted 4 times in that forum and have yet to say anything like that.:confused:

Originally posted by Louie L.
Brick,
Are you talking about me ? If so please elaborate? I have never said any of the above things. I guess im confused by the rolleyes: I have posted 4 times in that forum and have yet to say anything like that.:confused:

Louie, I'm not trying to be an a$$hole, but two days before Scott posted the 2004 schedule for TSM you posted in the TSM section that Bradenton would not be in the books meaning that somebody (I ASSumed Jesse) told you that he wasn't going to have a TSM race at the Bradenton event.... That's why I said Louie knows more than we do with the.... :rolleyes:

Maybe I'm wrong and Scott told you, but I just think it would have been nice to inform everybody rather than just tell a select few (hell some of the other TSM racers didn't find out until Scott posted the schedule and I mentioned it)..... It's really not a big deal because the big deal now is it seems a lot of guys were coming only wanting to race in TSM and now they won't be coming at all:(

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Unfortunately i had gotten the vibe that TSM wasnt going to happen quite a while ago. I had spoken to Scott about what i felt was going to or not happen. I didnt feel it was my position to make a official anouncement since it was not my position.

Hey Jesse, its me again, you know nobody from reynolds, I plan on being there in bradenton this year, just wanting to try and finalize lodging for the weekend. Thanks Jr. :D

Originally posted by jsta6
Not seeing forest for trees...

Why can't they run on the same day?

:confused:

Most of the TSM racers, would make up most of the OUTLAW class competitors, besides a few odd balls. But in order to competitative in the OUTLAW class, most of the TSM legal guys would atleast want to change turbo size. It would be impossible to do this, in between eliminations and re-tune for the change.

I personally, think in order to get the track to let us have a two day event, we need participation, so there is something in it for them.($$$) So we need participation, in order for things to get bigger and better.

?

If there was only a TSM race, and no outlaw race, the TSM guys would still come and race, right?

and vice versa...

So what is the big deal about coming down and racing in one class? Even if there is two classes being held the same day?