Buick Southern Nationals @ Bradenton Fla.........NEW INFO added on 12/9/03

Well, besides what I stated above, it appears that a lot of the TSM racers were coming since this was going to be the first point serious race, and they could get a good start on earning some points and race the outlaw class for fun also. Without it being a TSM point serious race, there will not be many TSM racers there..

Not to sound stupid.. but its not like the NHRA Winston series where millions are up for grabs. The reason these guys race is for braggin rights.. why else build a car for 5 events a year. And the huge payouts which dont even cover gas.

Points smoints.. its a Buick event..show up and support or there wont be one next year.. pretty simple. Thats why you have racers come down from Maryland to race, to support the hobby.

If a racer doesnt want to come becuase of "points" then he's in this for the wrong reason. trophies are cheap..

Braggin rights and support.. its a small racing community, I applaud Jesse for getting us at least a date to come together and play.

This is the core problem with within the community, the petty BS that turns people away. Bring your cars and race them.. thats why its a Buick event..to race not bitch and complain.

Peace guys.. i'll be there racing.. one way or another.. I dont care if i'm the fastest or slowest.

TSM.. who cares.. I wanna RACE ;)

:rolleyes:

No slicks in the alky. street class, no NOS either. :D

Should be a drag radial or street tire class. :)

No aluminum heads either....

:p

Originally posted by Razor
Not to sound stupid.. but its not like the NHRA Winston series where millions are up for grabs. The reason these guys race is for braggin rights.. why else build a car for 5 events a year. And the huge payouts which dont even cover gas.

Points smoints.. its a Buick event..show up and support or there wont be one next year.. pretty simple. Thats why you have racers come down from Maryland to race, to support the hobby.

If a racer doesnt want to come becuase of "points" then he's in this for the wrong reason. trophies are cheap..

Braggin rights and support.. its a small racing community, I applaud Jesse for getting us at least a date to come together and play.

This is the core problem with within the community, the petty BS that turns people away. Bring your cars and race them.. thats why its a Buick event..to race not bitch and complain.

Peace guys.. i'll be there racing.. one way or another.. I dont care if i'm the fastest or slowest.

TSM.. who cares.. I wanna RACE ;)

:rolleyes:

Julio, I agree 100% with you braggin rights are much more important IMO, but another reason I don't think they're coming is they (some of the TSM guys) are afraid of the Outlaw cars...... Plain and simple!

I drive my car to the track and it is a weekend driver.
I run c-116 only. and if you guys are runnink alky why cant i use NOS or Race fuel. Are you guys scared.? this is my street car.:D

Listen you drive from Seminole to Bradenton on C16. And still have an O2.. i'll run ya..

Point is lets drive to Orlando 150 miles away, I'll run you there. Hope you have a nice stash of the C16 your on.

SalvageV6.. NOS, propane, cheater slicks, DR's, aluminum heads, etc.. all is ok.. Like I said..easy..3500 lbs and run on 93 octane.. You figure the rest..

I'm cool with a really fast street class.. that frowns on trailer queens. the cars obviously coming out of state will most likely be trailered. Thats ok.. as long as 93 is in the tank.

Can the rules be simpler

;)

I ain't driving 1200 miles on cheater slicks. :p

Who's gonna tech the fuel too. :D

Would be a great fun class if it could work. :cool:

we could always make the people in the class buy the gas at the track pumps, we put a seal on the cap..cant touch the seal. Bring the car with less than a 1/4 tank, add 10 gallons at the track. this will make the car a little heavier, but eliminate the rif-raf.

I'll check with Bradenton on availability of 93 at the pump.. or maybe a lead test kit, whereas detects lead in the tank. One thing for sure, race gas dont stink paper towel and such like pump does. So a simple purge at the rail..

Any ideas for octane verification on the cheaps.. I hate having to worry bout people cheating.. but would be nice to find a simple solution.

Lastly, rite off the interstate there is an Amoco, and some other fuel stations. We could always make it a meeting point before the event starts, and fill up there/put the safety stickers over the caps. Those that cant meet there, fill up at the track. Pull your car up, pump 10 gallons of 93, get it sealed..go. I would love to see 20 cars+ participate..even that, shouldnt be a problem.

Hows this sound????

I'm too cheap to buy race gas..so whatever works for me.

;)

I can take car of the gas thing for you Julio...... The gas man there works for me;)

I'll Let you know asap.

Bo

I think the "honor" system is fine for the 93 octane.

I too am to "cheap" to buy race gas. What with spending $250 / week on diapers, formula and day care...:D

Originally posted by TT/Ameasap
I can take car of the gas thing for you Julio...... The gas man there works for me;)

I'll Let you know asap.

Bo

Bo..thanks.. anyone else want to do the off track gas thing so we get better quality gas, at a cheaper rate. Meet up 1-1.5 hours prior, fill up..caravan to the track. If you show up late, then fill at the track.

Anyone on C16 last thing they want is 10 gallons of 93 tossed in. I have some safety tags we can use for the gas caps... kinda like an anti tamper deal. One tag on the cap, one tag on the fuel rail cap/guage :eek:

Plus we all get fresh gas this way.

Gas at the track

Here is what they have:

100 Oct. unleaded

110 Oct. leaded

112 Oct. leaded

Alcohol

All Sunoco products

Bo