Fatsest mph on a walbro 340

You guys are giving me some hope. I have a track rental I'm going to and I have not received my double pumper yet. I was going to limit my boost to 22lbs or so with my lt-70 turbo. Thanks

Gary Harmon ran 9's on a single 340. This was not intentional (Double pumper failed). Fortunatly the FAST corrected and allowed his 160# inj's to keep the engine alive.

The larger your injectors, the farther you can push it (I don't recommend this!)

on a side note

i had a 89 tta on the dyno a few months ago. it made almost 500 rwhp. then the fuel pressure fell off. i droped the tank and found a stock fuel pump!! i was shocked.:eek:

I went 127 on a dp with either one bad pump or two weak pumps. I'm completley out of fuel at 127 mph. Time for two new pumps.

Here's what I think was the secret to my success. First was cutting off the "necked down" area on the sending unit where the stock pulsator would go. Second was running the MaxEffort "R". Steve Y. Reccommends only 38 - 40 psi base pressure. Which means @ 28 psi boost, I was only @ 68 psi.

Alky, bigger fuel lines and rails, larger injectors, hot wire kit, all will extend the single pumps MPH. Its safe to say that most guys get around 123MPH with the hot wire, decent fuel pressure and 50LBs or bigger.

I am probably going to upgrade the lines and rails before I go to the double pumper.