Finally...Coach's New Build...

VETKILR said:
Subscribed. Post more pictures on Facebook :) or i will just stop by Brians and see this magic happen. In time for Norwalk or will that be pushing it?

Prob not. I'm competing in a bodybuilding contest on April 20th, and they moved Norwalk to April 27th weekend. We still do not have a def date on when my engine will be finished either. If Norwalk were in mid June like this past year...I'd say yes.

image-2413830628.jpg
image-3691120433.jpg
image-2035212326.jpg
image-650429004.jpg

Hey guys,

I just got my plenum back from being ported and polished. The casting on the inside was terrible. Had it opened from 70 to 72mm to match my new billet throttlebody. I cannot wait to hit the gas on this thing!!!

Ok fellas,
I started to mock up some items to test the fit. Found out my Kenne Bell headers won't fit with my Terry Houston downpipe so now they are for sale.
Well I started to build some of my other detail items. First on the list was to clean up the factory vacuum block and lines. I don't need a few of them any longer, so I thought of how I would like it to look.
I really admired Mark Hueffman's braided lines, but did not want to copy. I bought the same Billet block he used ( from him) and since I'm pretty good at bending tubing...I custom bent the new lines out of 304 stainless. I will polish all of them in the near future as well as my new fuel lines.
Remember...this is a mock up. Nothing is done. This is my factory engine that will get pulled out.
It was really trick how I got the line hooked into the fuel pressure reg. I lucked out on the thread size.

image-1938020767.jpg
image-2828061466.jpg
image-169088945.jpg

pmoore4321 said:
How is the steel vacuum line attached to the FPR?

The regulated vent is a 10-32 thread. I made a 10-32 stud and machined a .09 hole down thru the stud. Then the inside of the 1/4 tubing was tapped for 10-32 threads. I then put some thread locker on the stud and screwed it into the tube. After it dried...I spun the tubing onto the regulator and it fits exactly against the flare. Tighten the nut and its sealed. I'll add thread locker to the regulator too when it's assembled for good. Then I just loosen the nut to adjust the reg "line-off".
I love the clean look. As soon as I did it...I knew I would be answering this question several times.

The regulated vent is a 10-32 thread. I made a 10-32 stud and machined a .05 hole down thru the stud.

Hopefully .05 is large enough to not make the regulator act "lazy" if your turbo spools real fast

HighPSI said:
Hopefully .05 is large enough to not make the regulator act "lazy" if your turbo spools real fast

Shit...!!! 0.05 was a typo. It's same size it was originally 0.09
My fault...didn't re read my post. I fixed it.

Ok...pics!!!
I just finished sitting and polishing all the vacuum lines I bent as well as my new engine fuel lines. They look like a mirror!!!
Thanks for following my build guys.

Coach

*** I included a few shots of the regulator line as I built it. The pics are not too clear. It's not thread loc'd into place yet.***

image-4020003157.jpg
image-748175354.jpg
image-2610727420.jpg
image-4245687537.jpg
image-934367158.jpg

Thought you were going for a fast car, not a show car Donnie.:p
YES and YES...a 9 sec engine you wont be able to take a picture of with the flash on. Im getting a little carried away, but I havent built anything like this in over 15 years.
Im making it look good. Its up to Bobby, Cal and Brian as to how it runs!!!

Gonna be blinding. It will be cool to see some one off items under your hood. The TR community is so small and the aftermarket is limited, you see alot of the same.

YES and YES...a 9 sec engine you wont be able to take a picture of with the flash on. Im getting a little carried away, but I havent built anything like this in over 15 years.
Im making it look good. Its up to Bobby, Cal and Brian as to how it runs!!!

Haha, same here. Even though us Buick folk are not usually the show type it just seems to happen. You start building something, especially custom parts and then decide well...why not make it look super trick as well :)

Love the hard vac lines....this will be something I will do after the car is essentially finished....you did an excellent job and it looks incredible! Can't wait to see more pics, I have enjoyed this build thread thus far.

Haha, same here. Even though us Buick folk are not usually the show type it just seems to happen. You start building something, especially custom parts and then decide well...why not make it look super trick as well :)

Love the hard vac lines....this will be something I will do after the car is essentially finished....you did an excellent job and it looks incredible! Can't wait to see more pics, I have enjoyed this build thread thus far.

Gonna be blinding. It will be cool to see some one off items under your hood. The TR community is so small and the aftermarket is limited, you see alot of the same.

Thanks guys. I hope to do the Buick community proud when I go up against the other makes in a race or in a show.
Rob, your car is just sick!!! 8 seconds and its flawless.
As for the trick parts...you have not seen anything yet.