Finally...Coach's New Build...

image-3052336794.jpg

Ok...Eye candy!!!
Low mile AC Compressor with Billet nose and Polished Stainless cover.

I scored 2 low mile belt tensioners and will have them powdercoated metallic black.

image-2469562489.jpg

kidglok said:
Very nice! Get them coated if you can because they will look ugly after a while

I see that the flange is regular steel. I don't care for that. I am adding bungs for EGT probes, then maybe coating them.

ttypewhite said:
You ain't pissing around huh? Very nice Coach. Good luck with it.

Thanks Mike. Cars like yours set the bar pretty damn high. I'm just building one that will help get the Buick community even more respect...in a show or on the track.

Thanks again for following

ttypewhite said:
Thanks Coach, your a very classy guy, it's hard not to follow you.

Mike,
Your car might be the cleanest and fastest street car on this board. Mine will be nothing but a little brother to yours, but thanks for the compliments.
There's much much more to come...

Looking good coach. Finally got some time in the garage for mine. Been 3 weeks since I've been able to do anything.

Before you guys start asking...No that is not the RJC up pipe. It is off a PTE front mount. My OCD, as Squid put it, did not like the up sweep and radius of the RJC pipe. I have plans for a custom mandrel bent turbo inlet pipe. ( I have trouble calling it an MAF pipe because I am not running an MAF.) This meant the RJC pipe did not give me clearance to work with. I bought a PTE up pipe and modded it under the radiator to attach to the RJC intercooler. I like the double bend, 45 degree look much better then the RJC, so now I have exactly what I was looking for. I will have it polished when its all finished, so no worries. Now I have the room to work with and can build my turbo inlet pipe.
I will also be having a custom mandrel bent upper radiator pipe made too...and polished!!!
I really need someone to stop me...everyday I end up with a new project to build for this damn thing. Soon I will have to charge to view this thread to fund the rest of the project!!! Hahahaha

Looks good, Donnie. I have the rjc cooler on my limited, too. The uppipe actually rubs the hood pad just a little bit. I bought a couple of 3" mandrel bends in aluminum and I'm gonna modify my rjc pipe. I'm trying to find a wedge shaped piece of aluminum plate to use between the throttle body and plenum to tilt the front of the tb down to also help with hood clearance.