Flat Black "Murdered-Out" Style???

turbohye

Nuclear Reactor
Hey,
Anyone whose seen the MTV show "Rob and Big" has seen Robs numerous toys including his "murdered out" (i guess slang for all black and usually flat) Suburban/Tahoe and 69 Chevelle. Its really big in California as it usually requires spraying the vehicle flat - stealth black and everything on the car. Alot of muscle car guys have done this up here too in the DC area as I just saw a beautiful Hemi Cuda clone with a gorgeous almost metallic flat black paint job. The GN and Turbo T's in my opinion should be the best looking in this form with that sinister stealth look. Even moreso are the flat-whites and colored jobs without the clearcoats that look equally as impressive. I may have seen this on 1 GN on this board but i ran a search and nothing relevant came up. What do you guys think? Cool? different? i mean most everyone has a nice glossy paint job and this certainly would be different and would make your buick look like a stealth fighter. Im actually thinking about doing this once i settle on my house. Your thoughts?:eek:

some examples (just typed "Murdered Out" in google images)
lamborghini_reventon_3.jpg

Theres a member on this board with a completely blacked out GN, including the headlights. I can't remember his username, but he's a frequent poster and has his car in his sig.

Might look okay if you do every single piece, bezels, grill, etc. Don't want any gloss black pieces ruining the look.

Theres a member on this board with a completely blacked out GN, including the headlights. I can't remember his username, but he's a frequent poster and has his car in his sig.
:biggrin:

I actually considered going satin black. I think it would look absolutely bad ass. Perhaps the resident Photoshop expert could chop some pics of mine in satin to get an idea of what it would look like.

09.jpg

04.jpg

Already tried to photoshop before you even brought it up, this thread made me want to try it out. But getting the flat look is very hard. You have to turn the contrast way down to eliminate the reflections in the paint, but then you lose sight of the actual details on the car, body lines, door handles, etc. There's probably some way to do it but I don't know how.

i wonder when it became called, "murdered out"?

I just remember it being called a suede paint job.

LOL

thats way ol skool.

all of my cars have been that color at one point in there life.... I always thought flat paint was just an excuse for ****ty body work and poor painting.

but it is cool.

A.j.

all of my cars have been that color at one point in there life.... I always thought flat paint was just an excuse for ****ty body work and poor painting.

A.j.

You're right. The suede paint is pretty big right now on everything where it used to be found only on led sleds and such. It always just seemed to say to me that the car wasn't finished.

But to each, his own.

Perfect for a show car but if you plan on driving it expect to see 5 new scratches everytime you get out of the car.

Actually i would and I am sure many others would like to see your car with a flat paint. it would be cool.

Perfect for a show car but if you plan on driving it expect to see 5 new scratches everytime you get out of the car.

not necessarily, the flat paints you see have actually been clearcoated. They dont seem like it but modern "murders" are usually achieved by mixing (really well) a flattening agent to the clear coat. It goes from Flat to Satin all the way to egg shell depending on the material in the flattener and the amount you use with the clear. If the cars above ever touched moisture, they would soak up and stain like most flat black rattle can cars. But nope these are definately clearcoated. Ferrari actually released a special edition black Monza (i cant recall the exact name) that was all black with gloss black calipers and wheels but an all flat paint job that was an additional 8000 bucks. This was on Supercars Exposed. The Buick's bodylines already look like a stealth fighter sharp edged and all and this paint job would be nice and almost unseen at night. I can envision new tags saying "Stealth" and all you hear is a whistle fly by :)

You're right. The suede paint is pretty big right now on everything where it used to be found only on led sleds and such. It always just seemed to say to me that the car wasn't finished.

But to each, his own.

Thats exactly what i was thinking, funny how time seems to repeat itself! I might see if I can get ahead of the trend and strat painting lace and other wild Disco colors!

:biggrin: A.j.

That Camaro looks like primer black. :eek: ;)

I like it. :biggrin:

It's your car and you could make it look good, build what you want, but remember it will limit the buyers if you plan on selling it.

Might not limit the cost however just the number of buyers.

Bottom line do what you want.

I like shiny charcoal gray and some chrome myself. :cool: