Flat Black "Murdered-Out" Style???

Found a project car that I'm thinking about doing a resto-mod on.
I want to do 20" FOOSE wheels, gloss black w/red outline and red calipers, and matt-black car. I'll upgrade to leather for the interior and add a sunroof, just becuase.

I looked at that Supra that was wrapped... :confused: What exactly was wrapped about it? The whole thing? If so, I wonder what this cost? Cheaper thana paint job? - I hope? Any idea?

Had one of my business vehicles wrapped. For the price I could have had the GN painted. It was a vehicle HALF WRAPPED!

I looked at that Supra that was wrapped... :confused: What exactly was wrapped about it? The whole thing? If so, I wonder what this cost? Cheaper thana paint job? - I hope? Any idea?

I was going to get my F250 wrapped last spring, i forget what he said... Complete wrap for 1200.00 any graphics i liked.

Yes with that supra the entire car was wrapped. So were all the tech9 buses :eek: and the pickups in those photos.

I am willing to bet that newer Z06 in this thread was wrapped also.

BW

Hell, yeah, just do it! :cool: There are 10,000 perfect shiny GN's out there, you will get rave reviews from everyone except the purists.

IMAG0018.jpg

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/me...ob-wilson-though-i-dont-have-turbo-buick.html

hot rod flat

You can buy hot rod flat paint off ebay its paint not primer its single stage and you cant blend if you have a problem but looks bad ass.:cool:

Had a 68 Camero in flat black primer seal, my 2008 Harley is Matte-Black, my GN.....still shiny for now.

I have a question on the ebay "flatz" style single stage paints. Can you color sand and buff this stuff or do you have to stick with however it lays out when sprayed?

i'm not reading every post of this thread but i think "murdered out" is played the **** out!!! the problem is you loose a lot of cars style when there is nothing to break it up. also there is something to be said for a nice shiny car.. it shows how the owner cares for their car.. flat black just shows that ur the type of person that jumps on a fad bandwagon.

Not sure who started this post but your stealing my thunder. I am in the process of a bunch of work on my GN one being a flat black paint job. This is not perminent but until I can spend 4-5K on a really nice I am going w/ it. I own an industrial coatings company so I have all the equipment and the space to do it without costing a lot. My car needs some decent amount of body work so I figured what the hell I will sand it down and go flat black. I am toying w/ black chrome for the head light bezels, grill, door handles, and GNX louvers. Its either that or I am paiting them gloss black. I think the contrast will be ill. The other thing I am doing becuase I can do it cheap and becusae my stock wheels are rough anyway is sandblasting them smooth and powdercoating them gloss black.

Not sure who started this post but your stealing my thunder. I am in the process of a bunch of work on my GN one being a flat black paint job. This is not perminent but until I can spend 4-5K on a really nice I am going w/ it. I own an industrial coatings company so I have all the equipment and the space to do it without costing a lot. My car needs some decent amount of body work so I figured what the hell I will sand it down and go flat black. I am toying w/ black chrome for the head light bezels, grill, door handles, and GNX louvers. Its either that or I am paiting them gloss black. I think the contrast will be ill. The other thing I am doing becuase I can do it cheap and becusae my stock wheels are rough anyway is sandblasting them smooth and powdercoating them gloss black.
You can do a black-chrome finish on plastic? That sounds interesting.

Although a flat black car with gloss black trim might be kinda cool. I'd like to see either/both. :cool:

You can do a black-chrome finish on plastic? That sounds interesting.

Although a flat black car with gloss black trim might be kinda cool. I'd like to see either/both. :cool:

When I painted my car I liked the look of the car after the black primer. If done right it could look cool.

Attachments

• flat.jpg
    flat.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,190
  • flat1.jpg
    flat1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,669
I know that black is the color associated with death so I'm thinking that's the association with the "murdered out" phrase? I think that's a youth saying probably concocted by someone in the last few years. In the motorcycling/ sport bike world, that flat black color is called matte black. As far as cars go, I personally associate that matte black with rat rods.