Group Purchase on EXTREME DUTY front end kit w/PolyPerfect bushings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recieved 30.00 payment but no parts yet. How did you ship them(fed ex, ups?)? Tracking numbers?

Has anyone received a kit yet? It wouldn't make sense that no one did if they were shipped out by UPS. Someone must live within 2 to 3 days of the shipper!

mrtpolson said:
Has anyone received a kit yet? It wouldn't make sense that no one did if they were shipped out by UPS. Someone must live within 2 to 3 days of the shipper!

Nothing here. I emailed them several times. Its starting to look very shady. Can a moderator or a board member in charge look into getting involved here? These parts were ordered in May!!!

I am ready to start doing my front end and was thinking of ordering this package but maybe i will wait it sounds like nobody has gotten any parts since May?

I don't believe anything got shipped out by UPS, because it would be here by now. I got my $30 PayPal refund already, but no parts for the $369. Ya know, being honest isn't as hard as some people make it out to be. How many people have placed orders for this front end kit?

Zack-
I'm the one who called you several times today to see if the Front End kits were still in stock. I'm going to call you again tomorrow when you check the warehouse. Please try to save me one if there end up being 1 or more extra. Thanks for being patient with my many calls

Chris

Here is the current story from TB.com.
As of 12/22/2004 PowerPerformance is no longer a supporting vendor of this board. When the GP was initiated on 11/24/2003 PowerPerformance was a legitimate paying vendor.

In an effort to assist members, I called Zack on his cell phone (number listed on website). In his own words, he explained that some of the parts were being manufactured outside of the US and being shipped to Michigan then to NJ (PowerPerformance distribution Center). He says he has all the parts and have shipped 6 of 15 orders. Tracking numbers are to follow this evening. I asked for him to supply the tracking numbers to me and he refused (privacy issues). I explained that if he looked up my member name, he would find my admintrator title and again asked for him to email the tracking numbers. He again refused. He assured me the product is being shipped.

TB.com is neutral on this issue. We cannot hold a vendor to his or her business practices. The feedback forum is a way to voice your oposition or praise. We ask that you use whatever legal means to get resolution. But I would like to know and you can post on this thread if a tracking number is supplied to you by tomorrow and who is involved in the GP and who has received product. This is a method to air publicly what is going on as of today. If members want to start a new thread to address this issue, all I ask is a PM pointing me to the information.

I'm going home, will look tomorrow.

This thread started on Nov 16, 2004 - did you mean the GP started in 2003, or 2004? 2003 is a long time ago...that seems weird.

The GP supposedly started at the end of 2004, when PowerPerformance was still a supporting vendor. Also, I really cannot say that we are nuetral on this issue, because we desire that our supporting vendors treat our members fairly and visa-versa. For the most part the relationship between TB.com vendors and member works very well. I just received an email from a member indicating his tracking number is invalid and I personally inserted the number into the UPS tracking system and it came back as invalid. I will now announce this:

Zack, the ball is in your court. I sincerely hope you intend to deliver on your promise to our members!!!!!!!! Regardless of your status as a supporting vendor or not. This GP may have started when you were a supporting vendor and whether you believe our market is too small, our members and this board supported you though this GP.

Zack, numerous members have personally contacted you. So far, you have indicated delays caused by specific parts in customs, followed by indicating that all parts are in and shipping, then later indicated that 6 of 15 orders had been shipped. I really don't see any reason why anyone should believe a single word coming out of your mouth anymore, since we have ample evidence of a string of lies. When I spoke to you personally on the telephone several days ago, you assured me that a tracking number would be sent to me the following day. I followed that up 2 days later with an email, and still nothing. And now we see that you've apparently handed out a bogus tracking number. Exactly what do you hope to accomplish with this ludicrous charade?

I'm going to the big car show in Langley tomorrow, so I'll be gone all day. You absolutely should have shipped my 6 units for myself and the BC Grand National Racing Association members in our little group purchase here, since you assured me it would be done. That means you have a tracking number in hand if your claim is true. If it's not in my email when I get up Sunday morning, I'm contacting Paypal and screaming fraud, and they'll back out charges for all 6.

I think I speak for everyone here when I say we've had enough of your deception.

Kevin

I have advised Zack the importance of monitoring this thread several times when we've communicated, and asked him to update status on here. He has not done so, and I've received no further communication from him regarding my club's purchase. I've spoken to several involved in our purchase, and either tonight or tomorrow morning I will be lodging a request for refund from Paypal, with the contents of this thread as justification. To those of you who choose to wait this out, I wish you luck.

It seems alot of these so called good deal group purchases dont have many happy endings- sounds alot like the old keith mease downpipe affair. very poor when it comes to following up on their orders-i would rather pay the regular price and not have to deal with the wait, aggravation and frustration of when you are gonna get what you paid for.far too aggravating for me to save a couple of dollars.

I've definitely seen many and been a part of quite a few that run just fine. But they're from established vendors who regularly slap out parts to all of us. Dealing with niche players who we know little of certainly carries some risk. I know this experience is going to have a lot of us taking a second look before participating in these things - because you're right, a few bucks might push me over the edge to buy something I normally wouldn't, but it's certainly not worth the hassle of weeks of waiting, a dozen calls/emails to follow up, and the potential to lose your investment.

Gentlemen,

When this GP was opened, it took around a month to get 10 people in on this GP to start production. The bushings are manufactured in the USA and the other chassis parts in Taiwan (the manufacturing infrastructure for these parts simply don't exist in the US, and Taiwan is generally recognized as having equal or superior quality to the US for auto parts).

As you may or may not know, it takes 30 days alone to ship parts from Taiwan to the US (by ocean freight, the only financially feasible method of shipping overseas in quantity). This doesn't even count the production time for our products.

For those of you who are familiar with ImpalaSSforum.com, we are supporting vendors over there and have (to my knowledge) an impeccable reputation. Our front end products are recognized as the best in the world and I have never had a dissatisfied customer for our front end kits.

Some of the part numbers carry over (ball joints, idler arm), and others are completely different. This accounts for the time it took to produce.

I will be the first to admit when I make a mistake. The parts were delayed in customs and when they were released I posted that they were in stock. There were delays in shipment from that point. Parts have been shipped at this point.

I did not release the tracking information to the administrator and I hope you can all understand why. We can't release personal information to anyone regardless of their position on an internet board. Tracking numbers are being emailed to the email addresses provided in your PayPal transactions. In the case that you don't receive the tracking numbers, please contact me as soon as possible by email or by phone.

We wish that we could have gotten you all the parts sooner but the bottom line is to make a product right it takes time. I know that you all will be impressed with the front end products we sell and I look forward to any suggestions or comments you may have.

Zack

In regards to you response; I think you should be a little more reserved in your statements like "kits are shipping" when you didn't even have ALL the parts in hand. I think most people here(at least in my case) just want you to be truthfull. If there are shipping delays tell us there shipping delays. Don't tell me you are going to send out tracking numbers and then disappear for two weeks. If you only had 6 kits ready to send out tell us you only have 6 kits ready for shipment and send them out in the order they were received. I know you are probably busy but take 5 min. out of your day and keep us updated.
PS Has anyone received their tracking numbers? :confused:

I have received a tracking number, and it does actually work and shows the parts in transit. A agree with myGN86 that the biggest complaint we all have is that there was inaccurate information presented.

Statements from Zack:

July 31st - Zack- After a few minor manufacturing delays the kits are here and ready to ship! Keep an eye out for them and please provide feedback on your initial impressions and long-term driving impressions ---edit-kg---this statement should never have been made.

Aug 7 - Zack - Guys, I spoke a LITTLE too soon - I have all the parts in stock ready to ship except the idler arms - they were scheduled to arrive the day I made that post. They are being held up in customs in a container from Taiwan. All paperwork is in order and we are scratching our heads over here. These things happen from time to time with US Customs with the heightened security. --edit-kg--------now why after a statement of "ready to ship" does it take a week to reveal this?

Aug 29 - Zack - You gentlemen should have received your parts, or at least most of you - any feedback? ----edit-kg--this is the biggest complaint of all that I have - he's actually acting like you should have received them - later communication makes it clear that he hasn't shipped one single solitary one!! What the h-e double toothpicks can excuse this?

Aug 30 - All via UPS - I will dig up the #s. ----edit-kg -----same complaint - he hasn't shipped a damn thing, says he's going to get the numbers.

Sept 8 - GofstBuick talks to Zack via cell - Zack tells him that he has all the parts and has shipped 6 of 15 orders. My tracking number I received would seem to indicate that these are the 6 designated for us Canadian boys. So what happened to the earlier statement everything had been shipped? Incidentally, this was a couple days after I talked to Zack and he assured me he'd already shipped to me, and I'd have a shipping number the next day.

Sept 9 - GofstBuick gets a message that an invalid tracking number has been issued.

Suffice to say, I'm leaving my Paypal investigation open until we have the parts in hand and confirm that all are there. The last thing I want to do is find that of our 6 kits, half the parts are missing, or there's an empty box, or any other monkey business. Zack, if you really did ship all as promised now, I'll cancel the Paypal investigation as soon as we confirm everything. You have no grounds for complaint, as you've brought this all on yourself.

kgouldsk said:
Sept 8 - GofstBuick talks to Zack via cell - Zack tells him that he has all the parts and has shipped 6 of 15 orders. My tracking number I received would seem to indicate that these are the 6 designated for us Canadian boys. So what happened to the earlier statement everything had been shipped? Incidentally, this was a couple days after I talked to Zack and he assured me he'd already shipped to me, and I'd have a shipping number the next day.

This information is incorrect - when I spoke with GofstBuick I told him that since I was out of the office and we do have dozens of orders, the only one that I could say off the top of my head that I knew had shipped was the 6 kits to the gentlemen in Canada. I made sure to tell him that others probably have shipped but I couldn't give names or confirmations because I was away from the office in NYC for the week.

Status
Not open for further replies.