I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

I know what you mean as I thought about buying one everyday. The prices are falling pretty quick which helped me out tremendously. The car reminds me of the GN in a weird kinda way. It's big, comfortable and has nice power. My wife was pissed off until I pulled it in the garage. She loves it! She said wow it's beautiful, oooooh I like the wheels, the hood is black? Then she sat in it and cranked the stereo and it was all over, she wants the keys.

My only issue with all of this is...I'm just historically a GM guy and usually Chevy. I have no interest in Vettes any longer. Did any of you think about waiting for the new ZL1 before going to the Hellcat? It's going to be the real deal in the same range, performance and price, as the Hellcat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

My only issue with all of this is...I'm just historically a GM guy and usually Chevy. I have no interest in Vettes any longer. Did any of you think about waiting for the new ZL1 before going to the Hellcat? It's going to be the real deal in the same range, performance and price, as the Hellcat.

Hellcat is a totally different class of car. This is the GN of today. Lets not lose sight of that.

I've been a GM guy at heart for the last 35 years of my life. This is the second Dodge or Chrysler product I've owned. I strongly considered the '17 ZL-1 before I bought the Hellcat. Ever since the Challenger body style came out I've wanted one, I think they got the retro look right. Never bought a Challenger because of how poorly they performed at the track back in the day. By back in the day I mean 08-09 or when ever they came out. They seemed to fix the down on power problem.

I've got the hots for a Hellcat, as well. Would require me to sell or trade my GNX, though. I'm afraid I would be kicking myself in the butt if the Hellcats continue to depreciate, which I'm thinking they will.......just don't know how far down they will go.

No offence, but if you can afford only one, don't buy the other one. if you can, go for it.

The fact is, you have a GNX, one of the baddest cars ever manufactured. Ever.

If you can't afford to have both, keep plan "A".

Why take the chance on a car that "has potential" on one that will do nothing but go up in value and will easily and certainly be well surpassed in production numbers by the Hellcat in 2017?

It is certainly an incredible car, but it will NEVER be a GNX.

Yes, Ford, Chevy and Imports are chasing the Hellcat. Not one manufacturer could touch the GNX in it's day, either.......... Absolutely NOTHING could touch it. Not in those days. Few stock vehicles can do it these days, either.

There's not a single "base model" car out there now that can easily hang with a base Turbo Regal.

Yes, Hellcats are the shit, and I have nothing but respect for an incredible machine, but before you trade out..... I invite you to bring on any one of your friends HelloKittyCat cars to line up with me and my stupid little, crappy, weak assed, old technology sporting true street TR.

I'll be happy to lead them to their goal of somehow finding their way to the end of the track.:D:D

Last edited:
I was kind of in the same spot. My 911 would've probably not dropped a dime in valve unless I put some serious miles on it. If new TT 911 keep climbing my older TT 911 will creep up in value. However, I'm getting close to knocking on 50's door, running out of time to wait for appreciation. I need to own every car within my means before it's too late. Can't help it, I want to try a bunch of them and life is just way too short.

Or even wait til next year for the introduction of the C8, mid engine Vette?

If you buy a Hellcat I don't think you'll want to keep swapping cars every year. I've owned a bunch of cars to this point and I don't plan on ever selling the Hellcat. Maybe your friend will let you borrow his for the weekend then you can see what you think.

Neal
Niel I recently unloaded my Porsche turbo S after getting the Hellcat cause i rather drive it. The HC is the most fun car I can ever remember owning & you know how many cars that has been.

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
Vagon. Nearly a unicorn. I love V's.

My friend Dave has a low nine second Vagon. I'm pretty sure Buick Mike knows him. Amazing cars, just like the HC's.

My very good friend and boss is finishing maintenance and a few upgrades on a twin turbo'd '09 Pontiac G8 he just purchased. Should be an easy mid 9's car, originally built by Speed Inc. .

The technology available to the newer cars these days is truly amazing. I do like that our streetable TR's are still able to keep up, but I'm afraid it might nor be for too much longer........:(

Last edited:
Niel I recently unloaded my Porsche turbo S after getting the Hellcat cause i rather drive it. The HC is the most fun car I can ever remember owning & you know how many cars that has been.
Congrats Lou !!!! You've had quite the variety of supercars to play with !!!! A Hellcat was the ONLY car that was going to sidetrack me on my hunt for that right X . During my 2 year search , it was starting to not look promising , and found Hellcats entering my mind more until this certain X popped up close to home , so I grabbed it . You might know it , LOL !! It was well preserved from a guy a long ways away from me !!!

Any of you A8 guys considering the 3.09 gear upgrade?
I have considered this as an option to keep warranty. Everyone who has done this 3.09 gear swap says it is awesome. If I could do a 3.55 with taller tire, I would do that tho.

I agree. The A10 in the ZL1 is likely going to match the HC at the strip and it won't be close at a track with any turns. All depends on preference.

I have considered this as an option to keep warranty. Everyone who has done this 3.09 gear swap says it is awesome. If I could do a 3.55 with taller tire, I would do that tho.

I was wondering if it would affect the warranty. Guess it would depend on the dealership?

What does the HC come with for rear grearing factory? A8 and M6 the same or different?

Last edited:
I think the A8 is 2.62 and the M6 is 3.70 but I could be wrong. This is pretty much the first Mopar I've owned and I'm still researching it myself.

Hellcat is a totally different class of car. This is the GN of today. Lets not lose sight of that.

In the sense that it's a new car, right off the factory floor that can whoop on 99% of other cars, absolutely no argument there.

However, the GN had the mystique factor. Everyone knows what a Hellcat is, and knows that it packs a serious punch. People expect Dodge to make some high horsepower cars in an era of pony wars and other high horsepower cars. The GN was a dark knight in an era of anemic cars. Nobody had any idea what it was, and they certainly didn't expect Buick, of all manufacturers to make the king of the hill car, and not with new (at the time) technology using a turbocharged six cylinder.

The Hellcat has the bite to back up the bark, but it delivers what the face value is, there's no sleeper aspect to it. A supercharged V8 demands respect, but it's not as unheard of as a Buick turbo 6 was back when it was new. You tangle with a Hellcat, you know what you're getting into. That is largely a moot point now, since most car people know what the turbo Buicks are.

Not detracting anything from the Hellcat. It's an awesome machine that delivers, no BS, and I totally understand the attraction. Just some food for thought!