I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

In the sense that it's a new car, right off the factory floor that can whoop on 99% of other cars, absolutely no argument there.

However, the GN had the mystique factor. Everyone knows what a Hellcat is, and knows that it packs a serious punch. People expect Dodge to make some high horsepower cars in an era of pony wars and other high horsepower cars. The GN was a dark knight in an era of anemic cars. Nobody had any idea what it was, and they certainly didn't expect Buick, of all manufacturers to make the king of the hill car, and not with new (at the time) technology using a turbocharged six cylinder.

The Hellcat has the bite to back up the bark, but it delivers what the face value is, there's no sleeper aspect to it. A supercharged V8 demands respect, but it's not as unheard of as a Buick turbo 6 was back when it was new. You tangle with a Hellcat, you know what you're getting into. That is largely a moot point now, since most car people know what the turbo Buicks are.

Not detracting anything from the Hellcat. It's an awesome machine that delivers, no BS, and I totally understand the attraction. Just some food for thought!
Only difference is social media. Dodge had nothing for many years that compared to the Camaro or mustang. Hellcats will eventually fade away and become legend as the GN did. We all could be wrong in these times tho.

Well, I pick this up tomorrow. . .

Congrats OhioC5, Beautiful ride. I wonder if that is the same one Chad had earlier in the year when I picked up my GN. I sat in that one, It was awesome. Owning a nice ride in the Northeast sux, My Gn has been stored for only a month and I'm already having withdraws. I can only imagine buying something now and having to wait a few months to enjoy it. Here's hoping for a few Indian summer days so you can get that thing out there and enjoy it........

Last edited:
No, he just got this one in but it's identical to the one you saw there. I was at work today and remembered I had to call my insurance company. Took the VIN from his sold inventory link. Had a moment of oh crap did I give them the right VIN. Check it out, you'll understand what I mean.

Only difference is social media. Dodge had nothing for many years that compared to the Camaro or mustang. Hellcats will eventually fade away and become legend as the GN did. We all could be wrong in these times tho.

Valid point. I'm trying to think of something Dodge had besides the viper in the 90's and early 2000's but I'm drawing a blank

Valid point. I'm trying to think of something Dodge had besides the viper in the 90's and early 2000's but I'm drawing a blank

Are you kidding!!!!!!!

There was the Aries Hemi and that thing they called the K car, whoa, that shit ROCKED the streets back in it's day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Avenger was another lesson in futility.......

Since '64, Dodge has ALWAYS been the shit........................................................ or perhaps not.......................

They are on the way back though, in a serious way, ABSOLUTELTY no doubt.

Last edited:

Are you kidding!!!!!!!

There was the Aries Hemi and that thing they called the K car, whoa, that shit ROCKED the streets back in it's day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Avenger was another lesson in futility.......

Since '64, Dodge has ALWAYS been the shit........................................................ or perhaps not.......................

They are on the way back though, in a serious way, ABSOLUTELTY no doubt.

I was thinking in more recent years, post-80's, but I'll give you that, although I'm not a fan of FWD :eek:

Actually, the twin turbo Dodge Stealth RT and the Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4 with active aero, awd, 4 wheel steering, etc was way ahead of its time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Already fed up with HC owners on HC.org.
Im gonna pioneer the way for myself. I will have the fastest STOCK hellcat on the planet applying the knowledge I have gained from this board in the last 16yrs. Should happen this spring!

Im gonna pioneer the way for myself. I will have the fastest STOCK hellcat on the planet applying the knowledge I have gained from this board in the last 16yrs. Should happen this spring!
Are they clueless tools?

I drove my buddys modded SRT Challenger. FUN car, especially going sideways up an onramp onto the highway, LOL. Was at 130 before blinking an eye. :) Yes, IF I could afford one id buy a Hellcat quicker then you can say COP while I'm approaching 130 (see above).......

Are they clueless tools?
Clueless for sure. Tools... I consider them like us from years ago. They just rely on vendors to save them when they need to start thinking outside the box. We did that here and look what we accomplished over the years. They just need to apply physics and be serious about getting these cars faster with less.....and the warranty thing.

Cracking that military grade ECM code is the key for you lucky guys ........... but then again, there's that pesky warranty thing..........:cool:

What a friggin cool car.

I saw a guy "tuning" one with a laptop at Byron last spring. Who knows if he was genuinely accomplishing anything....

What numbers do you need to run to be the fastest stock Hellcat
Is 10.8 still the record ?

Last edited: