I'm seriously considering a Hellcat guys

I believe it was 750 from what I was told.

Nice. I saw a HC Challenger hit 119-120 mph in Tucson and I believe the DA was around 2000-2200 or so. I hit 118 in the GN that day. In Phoenix, I hit 123 at 1000ft DA. He mentioned he could hit 123 or so in Phoenix as well. Pretty damn impressive for a bone stock car with stickies.

Not to take away from the HC, but I have to say I was blown away with a Tesla Model S P100D that I drove in Ludacris Plus mode. 1.5 60 ft times and 10:80's at 121 on stock tires at ANY elevation / DA. That was really the cool part. Not much of a challenge though. Also, you could have 2 Hellcat's in the garage with spare change for DR's for the price of a P100D lol. That right there kills the car.

yea 800 ft lbs of TQ is gotta be a blast to drive! but shit $135-170k is comical! apparently all their time went into designing the motor cause its clearly one of the most boring cars I've ever seen. looks like an old ladies Buick Lasabre.

Nice. I saw a HC Challenger hit 119-120 mph in Tucson and I believe the DA was around 2000-2200 or so. I hit 118 in the GN that day. In Phoenix, I hit 123 at 1000ft DA. He mentioned he could hit 123 or so in Phoenix as well. Pretty damn impressive for a bone stock car with stickies.

Not to take away from the HC, but I have to say I was blown away with a Tesla Model S P100D that I drove in Ludacris Plus mode. 1.5 60 ft times and 10:80's at 121 on stock tires at ANY elevation / DA. That was really the cool part. Not much of a challenge though. Also, you could have 2 Hellcat's in the garage with spare change for DR's for the price of a P100D lol. That right there kills the car.

yea 800 ft lbs of TQ is gotta be a blast to drive! but shit $135-170k is comical! apparently all their time went into designing the motor cause its clearly one of the most boring cars I've ever seen. looks like an old ladies Buick Lasabre.

There is one by my house cruising around with a broken windshield . Probably because no parts are available .

yea with only a 150 shot of N20 lol having to throw N20 on top is weak!
Lol.... It would still take our money... I guess thats good enough...lol

Im just amazed at the parts able to handle all the power. We see 1000-1200hp Hellcats taking the abuse.
Now, if you want to get real, my 6.0 LS motor can handle 800-900hp from a junk yard. Cam, springs, turbo, injectors, and mega squirt on most of the stock stuff.

Im just amazed at the parts able to handle all the power. We see 1000-1200hp Hellcats taking the abuse.
Now, if you want to get real, my 6.0 LS motor can handle 800-900hp from a junk yard. Cam, springs, turbo, injectors, and mega squirt on most of the stock stuff.
Not on the street it won't;)

Not that the stuff is not impressive but my friend tossed the rear out of his at the track and that's around 860rwhp they did warranty it though.as fas as ls stuff it runs good but I have seen them pop motors with 720/750rwhp.the built ls motors are lasting a lot longer at higher power levels.

4th car down the track this morning at Atco was a Hellcat. Spun a bit and snap, something broke. Was towed home. Shame.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

yea I know right its got a stout motor right from the factory. that is impressive no doubt! can't wait to smoke one next summer lol actually ill be hunting for a Demon and hope its in kill mode. but seriously how many Demon owners are gonna put 100 octane in their Demons and put it on Kill mode?

I'm sure a few will but most ppl buying them are rich are not interested in draining their fuel tanks every time they wanna go out and play and how many are gonna buy 55 gallon drums for their house? I bet 90% of the time it will be on pump gas which is still impressive no doubt but then there is E85 so I'm sure many will be going that route with an upgraded fuel system.

Most HC owners have no clue how to drive one, let alone race one. Demon owners are going to be worse. Sure, you will see some car guy beating on one and getting good times but that will be the exception, not the rule.

I just bought another LS motor today....These motors are a dime a dozen. Im actually glad I got rid of my TTA. It opened doors I was never going to open before, however, I do miss the people on this board. thats why I keep coming back to chat.

Haha!! you guys rock!
You guys are welcome to drive the HC anytime.

I am just itching to do heads,cam,pulley,tune to this thing. Most are getting by with pulley and tune in the high 9's. I would think porting the heads and blower would reduce heat and need less boost to get a lot of HP......Just like the Buicks

yea with a 400 shot of N20 probably lol. Id like to know what tranny they run but geez for a car that weighs 4500 lbs its gotta be making 1200 hp. I'm sure it has a HUGE Whipple on it so it would likely be an absolute pig on the street unfortunately. thats the down side of blowers vs. Turbos.

kirban 2 cents worth

I looked in on this thread from time to time seems to have legs....with good reason. Few notes of interest. While the Demon ups the ante slightly the Hellcat is probably more drive friendly.

The Hellcat along with the earlier year Challengers may become the last collectible American car of any value....I say that because of production, fact it is highly desireable....and maybe not in our immediate lifetime but the writing is surely on the wall electric cars and self driving cars and the gas powered engines and tuners will probably be ancient history. Sad but true.

For all us folks that can't buy a Hellcat I got 3 different original Mopar show posters from 2017 Auto Show in New England. One shows the green Hellcat another is the blue one and 3rd is the purple Hellcat. Banners are mint measure 3 ft by 6 ft. Great gift idea if spouse won;t let you buy the actual car or funds are tight and creative financing don't work.
Price is $150 per banner and $15 shipping. Pardon the plug but figured might be 3 readers of this thread may be a buyer.

On a side note local friend of mine who has a massive muscle car collection American and Foreign took deliver the other week of a Demon. Going to see it next week...maybe take in that new car smell and see he spent the extra dollar for the passenger seat and take photos and try to sneak the special tool box into my car so I can put it on ebay that would probably bring more than the GNX books do.

Hard to believe they also produce the Fiat......

denniskirban@yahoo.com