Look what i got today

Otto J

Heres is a pic after i did the top end, Except for the pushrods. gotta order a set

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 392
that motor looks killer-ohtow--but i wanted a photo before you put it together!:D

I have seen that oil pump adaptor on a few cars now. What is that? Somethiung special other than seperate oil for engine and turbo? Is it a totally new mod for the oil pump?

I am running a stage 1 block with a 3.625 stroke. so the block must be clearanced for the stroke, Which entails chopping into the factory internal oil feed, But with splayed 4 bolt center caps there is not much room for it anyhow. So that is a duttweiler (lee thompson oil pump that pulls oil from the outside of the oil pan on the bottom. Will take closer pics so you can see it better.THe other hose you see is the oil pump bypass which is adjustable for pressure and return oil thru the fuel pump block off plate.

Also want ot give thanks to Bob at RPE MACHINE in west hartford. He is by far the Guru for these motors,especially when you give him one that had as many problems as mine to fix:D

Originally posted by Grim Reaper
Hey, Otto.

whats the lawn mower run? :)
About as fast as i can walk behind :D I believe its 35 minutes start to finish
My lot is only a 1/4 acre

yea that motor sure is nice and all but that mower is the bee's knees! i would look in to some mods for that b!tch! maybe a sticker package...

No Russ that is the same head, Tom at champion did a hell of a job fixing it,While he was porting and polishing them also:D
I am puttin it in tonight. come on down and hang out:)

They do a nice job. I wouldn't love anything more than to go down a flap a bit but I gotta get a good night sleep tonight as tomorrow is my engine installation on my street car. The engine hoist in my driveway is currently a bird house! I don't have the heart to boot the babies out as they are about 1 week away from take off. Gotta go to Abington tonight a pick up another engine hoist for tomorrow. Things are bout normal round here.:rolleyes: Good luck Otto!

Looks nice! What cam did you end up going with?? Is it a solid roller or a hyd. roller?

544 lift 226 duration hydro roller, was going to go solid but decided against it for know.

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
544 lift 226 duration hydro roller, was going to go solid but decided against it for know.

Sounds like a nice cam..... Should be plenty for some 9 second passes and considering you have a bigger cube motor it should be nice and docile if you decide to street drive the car.... I don't blame you for going hyd. roller (seems like less maintenance if you plan to street drive the car)....

BTW, that's a 3.8 Stage1 block, correct? What's the bore? Just trying to figure out the cubic inch of your motor... Sorry I know I'm a PITA with all my questions:D ;)

It is a 3.8 bore is 3.820 and the stoke is 3.625 If i am not mistaken it comes out to 252 CI or 4.1 LTR

I am hoping for 9's as i already put these on the car:D

Attachments

• plate.jpg
    plate.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 101
With a 3.820 bore and a 3.625 stroke it actually comes out to 249ci or 4.08 liters according to the trusty calculator....
http://www.aera.org/tech/cube_calc.html

Hey you're legal for TSM!!!:D Well at least you meet the cubic inch limit;) You were pretty close to the 9's with the stock block so I would think you should be able to do it with this motor:)

Good luck with it:cool: