Maybe this guy can take his new Cobra back to the dealer for a refund?

TRBON8R

I finally got a kill worth posting. :) I was heading out Pacific Coast Highway this morning when stopped at the light in front of me is a brand new yellow convertible Mustang Cobra. In front of us was nothing but straight road for a couple miles. I notice the guy is eyeing me without trying to be too obvious, and I'm doing the same with him. He creeps up a little farther into the intersection, and I do the same. At this point I'm still not sure if he really wants to go. Light turns green and we both roll into the throttle like normal, all of a sudden he hits it, I do the same and we're off!!!! :) I wasn't building any boost at the line, so I'm only about a fender ahead of him. Then second gear hits and the boost comes on, I pull about 2 car lengths on him. When I hit third gear my lead is up to 3 lengths. We run up to 90 MPH where I maintained 3 car lengths on him, then I hit the brakes and back out of it since going to jail on a nice Saturday afternoon isn't my cup of tea. ;) I look over and was going to give the guy the thumbs up, but he just kept looking straight ahead. Oh well, guess he was a sore loser. :) The icing on the cake was that the car still had the paper plates on it from the dealer :D :D :D Maybe a refund is in order?? LOL

Ben
'87 GN, stock turbo, stock IC, 50 lb injectors, WAL fuel pump, Hooker exhaust, THDP, ANS chip, Nitto DRs, Direct Scan

he was in front of you at the light? or at the light in front of you?

im confused.

50lb injectors seems a bit large

dan

As I was pulling up to the light, the guy was in the left lane. I was in the right lane and pulled up next to him at the light. 50 lb injectors are in place for a future turbo upgrade.

Ben
'87 GN, stock turbo, stock IC, 50 lb injectors, WAL fuel pump, Hooker exhaust, THDP, ANS chip, Nitto DRs, Direct Scan

a guy one of my friends works with bought a new gt a couple weeks ago so my buddy started talking pu-pu to him that his car cant outrun a 6 cyl. regal ..

the guy kept telling him there was no way a 6 cyl. could beat his v8 mustang..

well last weekend he was proved majorly wrong. i even let him take off and i just sat there till he was about two cars out then i just rolled out thru first gear and when i shifted to second i layed into it and went past him while burning the tires off.

we tryied from several different rolls too just to make sure he got the point.

he got the point now and i was in all street trim ..imagine if i was in race trim and sticky's..

poor guys are misslead into thinking then cars are acually fast.:D

Good kill. I love beating cars with the dealer tags still on them. So far I have one Mustang GT and one Camaro SS kill both with paper plates.

Mustang guys are amusing..

I still think most mustang enthuasists are in disbelief that even a free modded mustang(headers, exhaust, KN, etc..) can't hang with a v6 with a little forced induction with some minor modds(chip, good exhaust, some fuel, and boost). Even GM's sports car, the z28, ls1 cars beat up on the mustang by are pretty large margin. The new mustang is a only a full 5-7 tenths slower than a new z28(ls1). This is IMO is pretty sad for all those ford fans out there.:eek: Wonder if ford will ever come out with a stang that cuts 13.3-12.9@107-108 timeslips like the ls1 cars do, for 25,000. Not likely if you ask me. Another reason why ill never drive a ford, their under acheivers for the cubic inchs there working with. IMO

Good kill, although im sure it was a forgone conclusion.

Shoebox, zips into his flame suit as he expects corral.net to flame him on the buick forum soon after this post is seen.;)

Nice kill

The Cobra guy was probably a bit :confused: when u wistled by him. He probably took the car back to the dealer and asked if something was wrong with his V8 cause he just got beat by an old V6 Buick with a broken belt making a wistling noise ;) The dealer most likely replied "u need naws" LOL:D

He probably took the car back to the dealer and asked if something was wrong with his V8 cause he just got beat by an old V6 Buick with a broken belt making a wistling noise

LOL, Now THAT is funny!!!!!!!!! :D :D

Ben

Re: Mustang guys are amusing..

Originally posted by blackshoebox
I still think most mustang enthuasists are in disbelief that even a free modded mustang(headers, exhaust, KN, etc..) can't hang with a v6 with a little forced induction with some minor modds

Great kill. I've only had one run in with a late model GT, not a Cobra. It was in the Ty, though, and I was surprised at how hard I pulled on him. I was behind him - it was yelluh, loud, and had lots of ground FX (kinda cool looking, but kind of gaudy at the same time). Saw him check the rear view, and heard him drop the hammer. I did the same, and almost got yelluh all over the nose of the 'Phoon. There was no room to go around, but I think I made my point.

And....the guy I carpool with has a '99 V6 (3.8L) convertible Mustang. It's not terrible slow, but it's not "quick" by anyone's definition. Anyhow, every once in a while I take the GN to work - every single time he gets in it he says he just can't believe that it's a 3.8L 6 cylinder - same size as the engine in his Mustang. He was trying to figure out how to make his 6 faster. The only way I could figure was to put a Buick 3.8L in it. Getting the V8 version of the Stang would only be more expensive and still be slower.

Jim

Yeah, those LS1 motors pull like crazy. I think the GM people should talk to Ford about their lack of performance.

Shoebox, I got your back dog. I just got the suit back from the cleaners. It got pretty messy last time, remember.
Later.

Well, I've been lurking for a little while to get a feel. See sig, I am a mustang driver. First off, gotta congratulate you on the Cobra kill. I can just about tell you that the paper plated cobra owner had not yet developed a sense of respect for all those out there who mod there cars.

Now having said that, I've been here to learn a little about the water/alky injection. I'm trying to get info on adding it to my current intercooled blower setup to thwart that which plagues us all. DETONATION.

So, having said that, don't think every stang owner out the thinks all other makes are pieces of SHI**.

RUUP2IT,

Mustangs are just like Turbo Buicks, they are both worthy opponents if they have a knowledgable owner behind the wheel. If we all felt Mustangs were junk, we wouldn't all brag about it when we beat one. I think most folks here have more respect for the Mustangs than they will admit, at least publicly. By the way, pretty impressive set of mods you've got on your car. Good luck with your car. :)

Ben

I am new to his forum, but not to cars. I am fairly sure that the reason everyone compares their cars to the GT is because Ford sells GOBS of these things, and it is a standard at wich we can compare with.

I've owned 3 Mustangs in the day and I still like them.

There is no doubt that a stock GT is a poor match for a GN with as little as a chip and a K&N.

Similarly, there is no doubt that all out Mustangs are faster than all out GNs, and we know why.

Respect taken, respect given...

Originally posted by strikeeagle

Similarly, there is no doubt that all out Mustangs are faster than all out GNs, and we know why.

Really, so a heads/cam buick won't spank and heads/cam mustake? I guess i don't know why, maybe you can clue me in?
Or are u refering to "all out" as swaping motors like a mustang guy going to a 347 stokers compared to a buick guy going to a stage 2 4.1. Even mustangs with power adders + heads/cam are not much faster if any, then a well modded buick. If your talking big dollar, pro 5.0 cars and so on, there really isn't a comparison, except for some of the big buick players(dutwieller, hartline, etc..) because of the advantage on more cubic inchs to work with and two more cylinders.

Shoebox

Allright! I'm gettin' in on this circle jerk! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH.....that felt good...all over the gn's grill...

Beware tb.com faithfuls! There are are traitor's among you! I know at least two of you on this thread that are interested in a certain chinese food! You know who you are! Don't worry though, I'm not a rat!

Good kill!

(go easy on me, my flame suit just failed certification!)

Reggie...

Yup, I'll confess to my crimes;) I was over on the supraforums.com asking how much it would cost to get a MKIV Supra TT in the 10's without nitrous... I would love to have a Supra parked next to my GN, but right now I can't afford it:( Hopefully, sometime in the future I'll have the money to have a single turbo Supra... BTW, I hope when u mentioned a "certain chinese food" u weren't implying that the Supra is "RICE" cause IMHO it's alright to call a Honda "RICE" for obvious reasons, but to call a car that has the potential to make well over 700RWHP on the STOCK bottom end "RICE" is pretty stupid!!! Especially since u drive a Crapstang J/K :D

Kill at Track

12 12 Hey guys it has been a while since at 75 n 80 dragway in MD yet in the summer of 98 I was next to a stang (the guys girl watching) & my 87 GN w/60K on it no MOd.s other than ram air tcc switch air bag frame braces adj fuel reg. & the good gas I ripped off a 13.08 against his 90 GT all loud & ignorant he ran a 15.07 to bad so sad for him ,One thing you guys fail to mention is that our black beauties are heavier!!!!!!!!!!!!!than the stangs yet we crush them .I now look forward to a trip to the track this spring in MN with a bigger fuel pump new TA 49 & 36# inj on the way plus a couple other goodies she has got to have a 12:70 in her don't ya think?Happy New Year to alllllll I forgot I have video of this laugh fest!!!!!

Re: Reggie...

I hear ya! I've been trying to talk my girl into a Supra for months, and she wouldn't hear of it, mainly because they don't make em anymore and it is a pita to get a warranty for one. So last week she bought an '01 Crapstang GT 'Vert. It really is a beautiful car (true blue). What she doesn't realize is when I turbo it, the warranty will be worthless on it also!

BTW, I don't think Supra Turbo's are rice or I wouldn't be trying to get one myself!

Originally posted by 86brick
Yup, I'll confess to my crimes;) I was over on the supraforums.com asking how much it would cost to get a MKIV Supra TT in the 10's without nitrous... I would love to have a Supra parked next to my GN, but right now I can't afford it:( Hopefully, sometime in the future I'll have the money to have a single turbo Supra... BTW, I hope when u mentioned a "certain chinese food" u weren't implying that the Supra is "RICE" cause IMHO it's alright to call a Honda "RICE" for obvious reasons, but to call a car that has the potential to make well over 700RWHP on the STOCK bottom end "RICE" is pretty stupid!!! Especially since u drive a Crapstang J/K :D