Maybe this guy can take his new Cobra back to the dealer for a refund?

Re: Re: Blah, blah..

Originally posted by lyonsd

So why are you getting all defensive, lad? Did I say, "Blackshoebox is insecure about himself"? Or is it just a guilty conscience on your part?

Defensive is an overused word on here, generally used when some refutes a point made by another person on here. Your good at, thats why ill continue this discussion. ;)

And why is debating about what car is better, such a problem on a car forum, that happens to be occupied by members who all have the same cars?? Who are you to justify what i say about a car as being disrespectful. Thats right pal, your nobody, just like im nobody on here either, so if u don't like what i have to say, ive said it on here before and ill say it again, u don't have to plug in your .02$[/B/]

I swear you guys all act like women on here, "u bashed this car", "ur disrespectful"..ur mommy still wipe ur ass for you too?? :confused: What happen to take things with a grain of salt and having the right to your opinion without criticism. OH, i forgot im on a buick board, but we all stick up for the mustangs guys over here, because were "fast with class":rolleyes: ...

And you say im ignorant, because there is a i had no idea there was a daily driven 8 second mustang, i didn't have my facts str8, which u were correct, and you correct me, God forbid, i talk a little smack and try to have a little fun on here, you guys all must live in UTAH and are preach all day, because u have no clue how to let go a little bit. So serious about, internet talk that means nothing, seriously if u take this car stuff as serious as u do on here about peoples facts, u need some help, this is suppose to be a laid back, joke around environment, not "oh u bashed a mustang, ur disrepectful" leave that s$%T for the work place or whatever it is u do with all ur time.

Ive been liberal to this point, ive excepted all the facts about CARs, but when u start with this bs about people u don't know, ur wrong.

Keep the discussion to which car is better and not who is a more respectful person.:mad:

Shoebox(time to go to car board with people without a stick up there ass)

Re: Re: Re: Blah, blah..

Shoebox,

There's no need to get your giblets in an uproar. You're the one who started this by saying "Mustangs can't win". All I did was say they CAN win and gave you some examples. You then started on about how Buicks are better. Who cares? Maybe Buicks are better. Nobody has said Buick's aren't better, so I don't know why you keep trying to ram your point down everybody's throat. Relax, young fellow.

Interesting...

I liked the comment from a person who doesn't own a TR about how we and our cars are treated much more respectfully on other BB's than other cars (and their owners) are here.

Sad but true - VERY true. There's no excuse for that.

And to the hotheads of the group who think you have to bleed Buicks to be allowed to post on this BB (and you KNOW who you are) - your "enthusiasm" is not at all rational nor representative of the consensus here.

There is NOTHING wrong with compromise, conversation, and - most of all - common sense. To admire another type of car does NOT reduce one's manliness as some seem to fear, nor does it mean one is a traitor to the TR world.

It only means one is a realist.

Toddzilla and Lyonsd are very much the type of people we need more of on this board. They are true car enthusiasts, have a healthy respect for performance vehicles in general, and don't lash out at anyone who would have the audacity to try and instill a modicum of truth and reality to a discussion.

Unfortunately, a lot of people here go out of their way to make knowledgeable contributors like them feel UNwelcome.

I don't care what label is on the hood or fender - if it's fast, then a true performance enthusiast won't disrespect it. The word "fan" - as one may be a TR fan - is only short for fanatic. There's nothing wrong with being loyal - but you don't have to be a jerk about it.

Back to the regularly scheduled there-is-no-other-car-but-a-TR thread...

Hmmm, I guess freedom of speech doesn't apply on this BB cause a little sh!t talking or BSing about CARS always seems to turn into the ever famous "you should show more respect or your not a true car enthusiast" LOL... Why does this CAR forum always turn into a "persons character" forum? I've seen a good amount of forums where sh!t talking about CARS is allowed and those forums seem to have a lot of good CAR talk cause nobody is interested in proving somebody to be a bad person, but do as u like since u seem to always think your sh!t doesn't stink... You know who u are!!! BTW, I respect anybody's car and them as a person... Does this make u feel better? I guess I'm a little different from a lot of u guys cause I believe in taking people's WORDS (cause that's all they really are) with a grain of salt... You should try it:eek: Oh yeah, shoebox, don't let the internet nazis of tb.com get u mad cause honestly I don't give a **** what these guys think about me based on words I speak about CARS not people and really it's the internet for gods sake:eek:

Also, another thing I find pretty funny while reading this thread is how people get angry if somebody calls their car a mustake, rustang, crapstang, musturd, etc. LOL!!! Go right ahead and call my car a BRICK or a Granny National cause I could give a flying **** what u think of my car... You guys really make me laugh with how personal u take everything... It reminds me of how I was when I was back in grade school:eek: I think Reggie seems to not care with his sig and with how he's always calling his car a crapstang, cause he's lightened up unlike a lot of u guys from corral... Reggie, feel free to call my car ugly or anything u like cause much like u I won't be losing any sleep over what u like to call my ugly POS BRICK or GRANNY NATIONAL, I mean Buick Grand National LMAO!!!:D Keep it up guys I have a sense of humor, although, I don't know if that's allowed on tb.com???:confused:

Re: Interesting...

Originally posted by Raven
I liked the comment from a person who doesn't own a TR about how we and our cars are treated much more respectfully on other BB's than other cars (and their owners) are here.

Sad but true - VERY true. There's no excuse for that.

And to the hotheads of the group who think you have to bleed Buicks to be allowed to post on this BB (and you KNOW who you are) - your "enthusiasm" is not at all rational nor representative of the consensus here.

There is NOTHING wrong with compromise, conversation, and - most of all - common sense. To admire another type of car does NOT reduce one's manliness as some seem to fear, nor does it mean one is a traitor to the TR world.

It only means one is a realist.

Toddzilla and Lyonsd are very much the type of people we need more of on this board. They are true car enthusiasts, have a healthy respect for performance vehicles in general, and don't lash out at anyone who would have the audacity to try and instill a modicum of truth and reality to a discussion.

Unfortunately, a lot of people here go out of their way to make knowledgeable contributors like them feel UNwelcome.

I don't care what label is on the hood or fender - if it's fast, then a true performance enthusiast won't disrespect it. The word "fan" - as one may be a TR fan - is only short for fanatic. There's nothing wrong with being loyal - but you don't have to be a jerk about it.

Back to the regularly scheduled there-is-no-other-car-but-a-TR thread...

Well, it's been three years and Raven is still the coolest person on this BB....:cool:

Wow, I thought my family was dysfunctional.

It seems everyone is either a Neville Chamberlain or Adolf Hitler on this board.

Lets continue breaking our bonds as a buick community. They will only grow back stronger than before:D

Ding Ding, round 4!

Feel the love!

Can I point something out?

I don't mean to be a smart ass or anything, but the thing about GN bashing on corral and the other forums bothers me. How many TR owners have gone over to corral and started sh** just to do it? Not many. There used to be a problem with a few SELECT (I didn't say all!!) mustang owners constantly doing it here before the moderators cleaned them out(and the board crash). Maybe the resentment causes us to give mustangs sh**-names? I don't know. I don't do it. But if a lot of TR owners went over there and did the same thing, WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD HAPPEN? Thats right, we'd be getting bad names from them too. I still hold true to my reply earlier in this thread!:cool:

there's a story of history behind the name that's why...

back in the early 80's (don't remember which year exactly...i think 1982), back when Buick was in NASCAR...their G-body platform won a major race and Buick honored it by producing a 1982 limited production "Grand National", only 215 were made...none were made in 83....84-87 were the other years the GN was made...it was ax-ed in 1988 in favor for the new FWD Regal platform that was the start of the "old folks" Buick as we know it today...also GM was pissed at Buick for making a car faster and more powerful than the Vette...the company flagship car:rolleyes:

They called it "Grand National" to celebrate the Nascar Bush Grand National series winning Buick Regals of Darrel Waltrip and some other guy (forgot his name) that were campaigned in the late 70's to mid 80's, if I'm not mistaken. Go right ahead and believe a GN was meant to handle and brake like a Cobra if u would like, but seriously NOBODY buys a GN to go around corners!!! If u want to compare a buick powered car that can kick ass at the drag strip and go around corners fairly decent like the Cobra it would be in your best interest to check out the 89 TTAs (3rd gen Fbody):D

Your right! I love shzt talking, but the only problem I see is some people on here start the "get off our board troll", and some people even turn to threatening violence. Either way it doesn't bother me (incase you can't tell), but I don't want me or whomever I am talking smack with to get banned. In all honesty, I am a big GN, Supra, LS1 and Crapstang fan. I like 'em all. If someone else doesn't, well whatever gets your rocks off. There is a lot of ignorance flying around (i.e. Stang and Supra knowledge) though and bs kill stories that fuel the fire.

Now go get in your sh!tbrick, Grand Mullet's :D and I'll get in my Crapstang Type R and lets go kick some ricer ass!

Originally posted by 86brick
Also, another thing I find pretty funny while reading this thread is how people get angry if somebody calls their car a mustake, rustang, crapstang, musturd, etc. LOL!!! Go right ahead and call my car a BRICK or a Granny National cause I could give a flying **** what u think of my car... You guys really make me laugh with how personal u take everything... It reminds me of how I was when I was back in grade school:eek: I think Reggie seems to not care with his sig and with how he's always calling his car a crapstang, cause he's lightened up unlike a lot of u guys from corral... Reggie, feel free to call my car ugly or anything u like cause much like u I won't be losing any sleep over what u like to call my ugly POS BRICK or GRANNY NATIONAL, I mean Buick Grand National LMAO!!!:D Keep it up guys I have a sense of humor, although, I don't know if that's allowed on tb.com???:confused:

Reggie, I see you're location is listed as "St. Louis". How about doing me a "solid" and shipping me down a few cases of Lucia's frozen pizzas? ;)

Hmmm...never heard of Lucia's. I can ship you some imo's though (I'll freeze 'em first)!

Originally posted by lyonsd
Reggie, I see you're location is listed as "St. Louis". How about doing me a "solid" and shipping me down a few cases of Lucia's frozen pizzas? ;)

Originally posted by Reggie
Hmmm...never heard of Lucia's. I can ship you some imo's though (I'll freeze 'em first)!

Just go to your local Shop 'N' Save or Schnuck's in the frozen pizza section. I guarantee that you'll never buy another Tombstone.

Imo's sounds good.

Reggie, I'll get in my sh!tbrick, Grand Mullet and u get in your Crapstang Type R and will go lay the smack down on some ricers LOL!!! Yeah, I like the sh!t talking also makes for some interesting reading:D Now get off our board u troll;) BTW, don't u love all the sh!t talking that takes place on the supraforums? Honestly, I think those guys are the kings of internet sh!t talking and there seems to be a lot of ignorance on that board when it comes to mustangs and other domestics, but I still like that forum a lot:cool:

I'm gonna go take a ride in my Granny Mullet sh!tbrick LMAO!

Hell ya! Supraforums is definately my favorite board. Lots of controversy!

Originally posted by 86brick
Reggie, I'll get in my sh!tbrick, Grand Mullet and u get in your Crapstang Type R and will go lay the smack down on some ricers LOL!!! Yeah, I like the sh!t talking also makes for some interesting reading:D Now get off our board u troll;) BTW, don't u love all the sh!t talking that takes place on the supraforums? Honestly, I think those guys are the kings of internet sh!t talking and there seems to be a lot of ignorance on that board when it comes to mustangs and other domestics, but I still like that forum a lot:cool:

I'm gonna go take a ride in my Granny Mullet sh!tbrick LMAO!

You guys can talk smack till you're blue in the face, but it boils down to a matter of preference and money. I had a 5.0 and it was fun, but I grew tired of the noise, rough ride, gear shifting and extremely expensive tires (the cheap ones spun like mad and the good ones cost $700 a set) that never lasted more than 18 months.

For the money I spent to make that car run high 13's, my Buick will run high 12's. I have an automatic transmission, smooth ride, quiet exhaust, and tires cost much less and hook better. Also, stock for stock, my tired 15 year old Buick will blow the doors off a new GT.

It's unfortunate that Ford has not enhanced the performance of the Mustang in the past 14 years. Unless you can shell out 30 large for a Cobra, your new Mustang isn't notably faster than the 5.0's that started in 1987. I for one would be embarrassed to spend the money on a new GT and have the neighborhood punk's 5.0 spank me.

I respected and desired the Buicks long before I got the Mustang, but in 93 I wanted a new car. Like I said, it was fun and exciting, but also a lesson learned. No matter what you drive, you will spend the big money for 11's, 10's, 9's etc, but for a small amount, the Buick "responds" much better, and again, fits my preference. Don't get me wrong, I still love to throw the gears around and rip down a winding road once in a while, but for a daily driver that is also a stoplight terror, the Buick is perfect.

Damn, did I ramble on or what?

first i'd like to say nice kill on the cobra.
secondly who cares what car as long as the owner loves it and is having fun and is ripping up whatever track he's racing at. :)
nice BB you guys have here too.. i want to get a GN..but right now i've got too many cars and too many projects. one of them is being a 90 notch 5.0 :D
and yes it's loud, has a lumpy idle, gets crappy gas mileage, is a horrid "street" car but i still street drive her if it's dry, above 45 degrees and the humidity isn't too bad. but she's not a trailer queen.. driven to and from the strip and to cruises to the store, wherever, up north, down south, a few states away doesn't matter.
and those turbo 5.0's are screamers, same with the 5.0's running the P1SC from ATI. *drooool*
anyhow you guys have fun with your GN's