Maybe this guy can take his new Cobra back to the dealer for a refund?

Originally posted by scottyb
It's unfortunate that Ford has not enhanced the performance of the Mustang in the past 14 years. Unless you can shell out 30 large for a Cobra, your new Mustang isn't notably faster than the 5.0's that started in 1987. I for one would be embarrassed to spend the money on a new GT and have the neighborhood punk's 5.0 spank me.

It's unfortunate that Buick has not enhanced the performance of the Regal in the past 14 years. Unless you can shell out 25+ large for a GS, your new Regal is still slower than the Turbo Regals that started in 1986. I for one would be embarrassed to spend the money on a new GS and have the neighborhood punk's GN spank me.

:D

Originally posted by lyonsd

It's unfortunate that Buick has not enhanced the performance of the Regal in the past 14 years. Unless you can shell out 25+ large for a GS, your new Regal is still slower than the Turbo Regals that started in 1986. I for one would be embarrassed to spend the money on a new GS and have the neighborhood punk's GN spank me.

:D

DOH!

Lyonsd is right, thus my disgust for new cars in general. They aren't any faster, they are more expensive to modify and 30% - 50% more expensive than they were in the late 80's. Remember that the TR STOPPED in 87, I don't think anyone considers the FWD Regals to be in the same class as the TR's. The Mustang chugged on as a sportscar. Meanwhile the guys at Chevy trumped the Stang as "bang for the buck" leader and the gap grew and grew. Stock for stock today, to run with a standard issue Z28, you gotta have a Cobra, but the Cobra costs more than an SS.

Hell, if Chevy and Ford both had their head screwed on right, they would be pricing their pony cars to compete with the ricers. Then we would not have as many clowns driving around with fart cans.

Sorry I'm rambling again....but I get hot when I think that a 5.0LX Notchback could be had for about 12k and a new GT costs 23k. Cost of living hasn't doubled since then and the car ain't any faster.

I'll agree that the trash talking does make a board a little more exciting. But, the 1 thing that goes wrong too many times is someone will turn the debate into an argument about character instead of the cars. Bottom line is any car that is fast is cool.:cool: People just have their preference and that's what makes it fun to trash talk about cars. Too much of anythig can be bad including getting along:p

I never had a problem with mustangs; just 90% of them which were driven by idiots that ruined it for the rest of the group.