New TE60 still worth buying? Or is there a newer/better turbo for the fast street car

Hey TURBOPOWERED68 I watched your video congrats man!!

You beat me to the 11's so now I have to beat you to the 10's! :biggrin:

I'm really hoping I can find a GT6152 S-cover with all garrett parts, but i dont know if they even make a turbine housing for our cars?

Do 49 fix your 60ft get in the 11s get a roll bar then your ready for A biger turbo
Right on.

Your not going to like the 6152 with a stock converter. It will be a dog. You know, several people are telling you the truth about the 49. Why are you resisting their advice? On the other hand, do your own thing and then report back. Seen it a hundred times and the next post after doing your own thing is "this car sucks". Well, your car, your money.:wink:

IM GUNNA BUY THE CONVERTER THAT I NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!! How many times do I need to say that? Sure I will have a stock converter for a couple months...dont you all want to see how the car picks up once I change to the right converter? :biggrin:

LOL come on guy..

The 49 isnt even for sale anymore. I'm not gunna spend 600 on a new 49.

I bet if i started this thread saying I was buying the stall at the same time you guys wouldnt be pushing the 49. I bet if I said I had "mildly ported irons" like everyone else says, you wouldnt be pushing the 49. What does "mildy ported irons" mean, could mean they gasket match them to felpros, come on we all know that isnt gunna do nothin.

Yep

sup dude
te-60 with a oe ported exhaust housing
180k-195k miles on stock long block
42.5 injectors
dutt neck
pp
shi**tt**ty tune
and i ran a 12.10 -107 mph @ 3800#s
i have been told that the te-60 is a shi**tt**ty turbo but i just went 11.74 @ 114 on the new build and a terrible terrible tune.
So for me the $600.00 i paid for this turbo was well worth it.
Good luck anyway you go and keep us posted.

and the te-60 will go faster .. $ 600.00 for high tens . My chity te-60 went 10.96 with a real fat black smoke tune . Black smokes like a condom , better be safe then sorry .. Old school no alky ..

A new turbo and converter is still going to suck with 3.08 gears. You'll never get near where you need rpm wise for that turbo with those gears, never did with your stock turbo for that matter. Put in some gears and work on your 60' and tune. Plenty left to go b/f you even should be thinking turbo.

It's the same turbo.........I just finished installing a TE60 on my stock motor/converter.........an I don't know what all the halabalu is about with "the thing won't spool" or "It'll be a dog"......I'm running the stock D5 and was all bent outa shape and worried this turbo woundn't spool.......whata joke........this turbo has the "DOG" .63 Percision exhaust housing, not the wonderful Garrett.
And dose not feel much different that the stocker
I've got a 2800 PTC that's going in down the road, but the slower spool for the street = less spinning of the DR's. I don't know every car is different I guess. :)

It's the same turbo.........I just finished installing a TE60 on my stock motor/converter.........an I don't know what all the halabalu is about with "the thing won't spool" or "It'll be a dog"......I'm running the stock D5 and was all bent outa shape and worried this turbo woundn't spool.......whata joke........this turbo has the "DOG" .63 Percision exhaust housing, not the wonderful Garrett.
And dose not feel much different that the stocker
I've got a 2800 PTC that's going in down the road, but the slower spool for the street = less spinning of the DR's. I don't know every car is different I guess. :)
You would know if you raced someone from a stop on the street or a low roll if they had everything else the same as you and only the Garrett housing different. You would have annadvantage at the drag strip leaving harder and running more boost with the precision housing.

I'll add my two cents here. My setup isnt exactly what you would call "leading edge" or anything like that. When I put my car together, I wanted a stupid reliable street car that can run fast when I push it. My TE-62 spools great on the street. Granted Ive got a 9.5" convertor which isnt exactly ideal but it works.

Ive ran a best of 11.32@118.5 with a full weight car on 93/meth. Stock heads & cam, Im assuming. Ive never had the motor apart.

Id say do it all at once. But thats just me. Had a TE-61 on the car for a while before the convertor swap, it ran ok at best.

You guys will be happy, I scored a nice TE44 last night :p

So what do I get for a converter? PTC 2800? 10in or 9.5in?

You guys will be happy, I scored a nice TE44 last night :p

So what do I get for a converter? PTC 2800? 10in or 9.5in?
I you had a garrett ex housing a re stalled d5, 2400 10"ptc, or if you want the most e.t. Reduction a ptc 9.5. The ptc 9.5 will outperform all the others but is more $. If a precision housing get a 2800 10" ptc unless you want the best of the best then the 9.5" again.