Nissan GT-R----your thoughts?

Basically, any real aggressive use, a subjective call by nissan, and verified by the black box data recorder download the dealer WILL perform, voids all warranty.... racing not required.... full throttle launch control launches, ANY... repeat ANY... operation with stability/traction control totally disabled by a sequence of several specific and obviously intentional control switch manipulations, even to get unstuck from a snowy driveway, for example, voids all warranty.... fast car, weak, inadequate tranny, no confidence in the product from the mfg... worthless to a speed freak with less than unlimited funds..... WAY rather have a lightly used 911 Turbo for the same $$... very usable for a awd, all weather daily driver... and can rag it all day long with confidence... there is no substitute... :)

Plus, I bet the window regulators sh$t the bed like ALL nissan junk!! :tongue:

Took a Full blown racecar to barely beat the ZR1...

:rolleyes::rolleyes:LOL,How do you figure it's a full blown race car? Also barely would be by a bumper not 4 seconds!!!!

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the ACR is a Thinly veiled racecar...Take those same Race tires and put them on the ZR1...That difference only would even things up.

Plus...I said the GT-R is Ugly in my opinion...The ACR looks like a Riced out Freak on Steroids...I would much rather have the Nissan over that thing,And the Normal viper for that matter.

Maybe someone will throw a Ultra Gay Wing on a Zr1 along with the Race tires the Viper runs and see what a zr1 can do.

The Acr is pretty much what the Magazines said it was when it set the record...A Ringer...Specifically made for the ring....And 4 sec for a purpose built race car is not impressive in my book.

interesting opinions...

GTR BUTT ugly? When I first saw it when it came out I had mixed thoughts...UGLY no way...But the front was a bit too conservative...the rear of the car is SKYLINE heritage....

WHEN I starting doing research on the car and found out that the car spent 3.5 years in testing JUST TO CUT THE WIND...this is why the front fascia is odd...yes it was tested to be as slick top to bottom....Then I found out that the car is as aerodynamic as a LAMBO REVENTON...if you folks dont know what that is ..well google it...it is the 1.5 mil Lambo that was engineered like a plane!!!!!!!!!!! This again gained my respect for this car....actually the GTR is more slick to the wind then a Bugatti Veyron and F430 Ferrari......

UGLY? Well I guess the multiple ..I mean hundreds of people who have complimented on my GTR as well as asked what it was for those who do not know what it is and I have had all age ranges from 10 Yr olds to people in their 70's.....I have had teenage girls just ask to take pics with it and guys ask just to see the inside on the car....so I would have to say a 1986-1987 regal would be more on the UGLY side then a supercar like the GTR....I OWN 2 TR's....and they are not pretty ..but they are cool

The GTR has the same track time as the ZR1 around the Big N....
The GTR is the 3rd fastest car built in the world to 70 mph...the other 2 are million dollar cars....

THE GTR stops from 60 mph in 96 feet...better then the ZR1....

I love the ZR1..but it looks like all the other vettes...when I drive my GTR it is a stand alone model...no other car looks like it...except a GTR....this is where the word EXOTIC comes from

NO SPECIAL OIL IS NEEDED IN THE CAR TO RACE...please you would believe this?

A million myths are on this car and none of them are true...you can mod the car to 10's and be fine on warranty....the tranny issue was corrected with new software...and all the trannies were fixed under warranty.....

The black box is only tapped into if there is complete failure and an enginer has to come out...this has not happened since the tranny issues...

BASICALLY IT IS A FAST ASS EXOTIC BADASS CAR for the price of a low mile GNX.....I much prefer the GTR....SOME will argue....but on the other hand as much as I like the TR's...they are old and I am 37 and not old so as a weekend cruiser yes...but as a must have car....THE GTR is the KING....

NO SPECIAL OIL IS NEEDED IN THE CAR TO RACE...please you would believe this?

This was told to me by the salesperson that I was sitting in the car with. I have no reason to doubt what he said considering how "special" the car is. I'm glad you can beat on your car now. So all it took was a software "fix" to stop the trannies from self destructing? How nice.

Aren't these the cars with the waterford crystal transmissions?? Almost $80k for a car with questionable looks and weak trannys wouldn't be my 1st pick for a supercar. Now give me a new ZR1 anyday. American baby!! Just my 02.......

you can mod the car to 10's and be fine on warranty....the tranny issue was corrected with new software...and all the trannies were fixed under warranty.....

The black box is only tapped into if there is complete failure and an enginer has to come out...this has not happened since the tranny issues...
QUOTE]

Wow..... you own a GTR and aren't a member of the GTROC forum...:confused: Or do you just no visit there much??.... hmmmm... lmao....

I think the layed off Pontiac Aztec designer was hired by Nissan to design the front end of the GTR :eek:

Here's an exerpt from the 2010 MY GT-R owners manual:

Exclusions and Limitations to Manufacturers Warranty

Please read your GT-R Warranty Information Booklet carefully. The Nissan GT-R warranty provides you with extensive coverage when the vehicle is operated in accordance with the Owner's Manual. The warranty includes a number of other specific conditions, exclusions and limitations, which include (but are not limited to) exclusions due to failures resulting from:

Racing, competitive driving of any sort and/or any use on a track or airstrip, or otherwise not operating or maintaining the vehicle as set out in the Owner's Manual and Service and Maintenance Guide;

Operating the vehicle with the Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) off, except when rocking vehicle when stuck in mud or snow;

Not adhering to the service and maintenance requirements set out in the Nissan GT-R Owner's Manual and the Service and Maintenance Guide, including failures resulting from the use of non-Genuine Nissan Parts or required or recommended fluids;

Improper repairs or services rendered at facilities other than Nissan Certified GT-R dealerships;

Failing to have the Performance Optimization Services completed in a timely manner;

Genuine Nissan Parts not intended for use on the GT-R, including NISMO parts not specifically designed and manufactured for application to the GT-R, or any non-Genuine Nissan Parts;

Replacing a GT-R special specification part with a non-GT-R special specification part (see GT-R Owner's Manual for the list of GT-R special specification parts);

Operating the GT-R on a dynamometer, except a dynamometer test performed to comply with applicable local law for emissions testing.

Additionally, some modifications will VOID your GT-R New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage. Read your warranty information booklet carefully for specific details of all terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions.

Important: Additional Exclusion and Warranty Voiding

Damage to the powertrain, or any drivetrain component(s) that occurs when there is a record in the Vehicle System Data Recorder (VSDR) that the vehicle was driven with the VDC off during the period when the damage was incurred is excluded from coverage under this warranty.

Adding, replacing, reprogramming, attempting to reprogram, altering or disconnecting any computer, control unit, or electronic module or deleting any or all stored information in any computer, control unit, or electronic module, or denying access to any data or information stored in any computer, control unit, or electronic module VOIDS ALL COVERAGE under the 2010 Nissan GT-R New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Such actions are also "misuse" and "tampering" as those terms are used under "What Is Not Covered" in the warranty. See your Owners Manual for additional important information and related warnings

To me it looks like a new version of a 350z. Another very forgettable car. 85-100K for a rice rocket. Cool. They only kill stories in here are ALL murdering this car... Where is this going???? Hopefully to a rice forum! :p

o and I can't wait til these throttles start sticking like their brothers at Toyota!!! :eek:

It's not an ugly car by any means. Two each their own but it's far from ugly and looks nothing like the new 370Z which I happen to really like. The previous 350Z was not something I cared for tho.

Gtr

I`m sorry to bust your ballon SLOWCAR , but a GTR against a 10 sec TR is not even there. I personnely own a very low 11 sec TR and on the street there is nothing that comes close to it. I`m really hoping to see a GTR this summer, to wake that poor guy up to reality.

[/SIZE]slowcar,i wouldn't even worry about what some of the guys here are saying......Like you mention before you already gave the 07 z06 a beat down:eek: Haha... :cool:

When I was sitting in one at the local Nissan dealer, the salesman told me straight out that if you are going to race it, you must change the oil to some special racing oil. Cost-$1000. If you don't change the oil it voids the engine warranty. Next he told me of the well known trans warranty or should I say lack of warranty, trans replacement= $20,000. Went on to say to replace all 4 brakes it would be $5000. All this on an $85,000 car. Nothing but a sinkhole or as he put it, "This car is not for everybody." Ya, no sheet.:rolleyes:

Diaz 87, obviously you have a hard-on for them. Good for you. I like Nissan products and have had 5 of them. The GTr is a lot of performance but there are better bargins out there for sure. I doubt you are going to make much headway swinging you're dick around here about them...

the cost for a oil change is $110....

[/SIZE]slowcar,i wouldn't even worry about what some of the guys here are saying......Like you mention before you already gave the 07 z06 a beat down:eek: Haha... :cool:

So which is it...he asks for out thoughts on the GTR?And you come in with your retarded viper,And now since maybe our opinions dont conform with what you want,Just dont pay attention.

He also said there are only like 50 limiteds left in the world...Oh,And that the TurboBuick was the all around best car...Period...Oh yeah...Then the AMG Benz was the Supercar to beat all supercars....Depends what he is selling that day.If you read his posts,He says all sorts of stuff that is nowhere in the realm of the truth.I have never met him,But have a friend Just like Him,Once he has it...It is the Best..And he has to for some reason,Try to convince you of it.He cant be happy just owning and having his own opinion of the car,He has to make sure you think what he owns,Is the best....Sorry,Not Impressed.

Sad really.

I put up a vid of a stock Z06 running 10's on Drag radials...Put up a Vid of your GTR or Retarded winged racecar viper doing the same.Bone Stock....remember...That is a Z06..Not a ZR1.

Im done here...This thread is as lame as the Gtr is Ugly....Yes UGLY...My opinion.

so which is it...he asks for out thoughts on the gtr?and you come in with your retarded viper,and now since maybe our opinions dont conform with what you want,just dont pay attention.

He also said there are only like 50 limiteds left in the world...oh,and that the turbobuick was the all around best car...period...oh yeah...then the amg benz was the supercar to beat all supercars....depends what he is selling that day.if you read his posts,he says all sorts of stuff that is nowhere in the realm of the truth.i have never met him,but have a friend just like him,once he has it...it is the best..and he has to for some reason,try to convince you of it.he cant be happy just owning and having his own opinion of the car,he has to make sure you think what he owns,is the best....sorry,not impressed.

Sad really.

I put up a vid of a stock z06 running 10's on drag radials...put up a vid of your gtr or retarded winged racecar viper doing the same.bone stock....remember...that is a z06..not a zr1.

Im done here...this thread is as lame as the gtr is ugly....yes ugly...my opinion.

rofl