Nissan GT-R----your thoughts?

LOL -----interesting

89TTA...we can compare my etrade account to your scottstrade....I bought Ford at 1.12@318,500 shares and I never cashed out...you do the math...either way...you have no appreciation for well engineered cars...point is with the Z06..a fine car but nothing compared to the GTR....not even in the same ballpark..not my opnion just fact...

Anybody who knocks the GTR because it is a Asian or because they cant afford it ...they are simply knocking the evolution of the sportscar..and are narrowminded idiots....hands down the GTR is a statement as to where we are going with the performance automobile...and to say the least the car is a fraction of the price of other supercars and yet it is a better built car

a Zr1 comparison is more in line ..yet the ZR1 is $40k more then GTR and is much quicker through the 1/4 then the GTR but has identical handling and braking....

The GTR was a 5 plus year engineered car...German,American,Italian and Asian engineers were all involved with the design and analysis of the car overall---basically no expense was spared on the development

GnBRETT...the tranny issue is a myth...they are bulletproof as well ...there are a lot of heavily modified GTR'S running with untouched trannies...most recent is a GTR running high 9's with bigger turbos etc. with a stock tranny....also a modified GTR with a Tune and X-pipe will not void the warranty...the issue was with the launch control and abuse.....the car will do 0-60 in 3.2 sec without launch control....it is quick enough...

A tune with the COBB ACCESSPORT = $1000.00
Xpipe = $500.00
Downpipes = $1000.00

Total= $2500
results with a dozen or more cars running same times
10.7's-10.8's@131-134 mph ...

THOUGH some guys are getting into the 10's with just a tune and x-pipe...

THATS IT FOLKS.....This is why I chose this badass car...it is cheap and has potential as well as exotic appeal...vettes are a dime a dozen and I have
been there done that...not interested in a car that is as comfortable as a prison bed and your neighbor has one and atleast 4 relatives own one...not cool....so at a party all the guys talk about their vettes....BORING... My last 2 parties I gave rides to some people in the GTR...it was the conversation piece for part of the night...with over 50 people at my house ...even the wives of a lot of the guys were asking about the car..and commented on the attractiveness of the car and the cool factor....you just dont get that with a vette....**** no...

The Buggati Veyron shifts in or around .2 seconds...the GTR does it is .2 seconds......FASTER THEN ONE CAN BLINK....regardless the shifts are so fast that leaving it auto mode is the best way to drive...The Buggati is not a production car..it is a limited custom built car to order only...only 300 will ever be built...

The GTR is nicknamed the Mini Veyron since is has launch control, 4 wheel drive and with a mod will run identical 0-70 with a Veyron....

Also the GTR is more aerodynamic then the Buggati and the Lambo Murc...

not at all pompous--just proud ....

The GTR is not an expensive car....I paid $69k...sticker was $85k and it had 350 miles....I bet the pompous ones could be the guys who talk about the $90k GNX they just bought.. to lock up in the garage and look at it on occasion...lol....Now if I came on here boasting about my SL Black Series I had or Gallardo Nevo...that would be ridiculous....

the GTR is the best investment I have made in a car...with the end of production in 2012..the cars will not lose any more value.......personally I am a budget minded car enthusiast...why buy a car for 3 times as much when you can have the same including the looks for a lot less....I started the thread based on the opinion of the car..since there was no talk of the car on here...I was just curious....

I was in Vegas recently and in front of the Flamingo hotel they have a super car testing rental deal. Parked in front was a Viper, Ferrari, Lambo, Porsche, Vette and the GTR. The GTR looked bloated out of place parked with those sleek beautiful cars. The one they had was silver and that big gaping hole in the front with the bumper crossing it looked super ugly. I'm sure the GTR can do a lot of things well but can never overcome it's extremely ugly design.

opinions vary

I will not say it is the best looking car in the world...not at all...infact it grew on me...mostly knowing the front served as part of its ability to cut wind and forced induction....so function over form...I can live with in the end....

I will tell you this.. I have driven a number of cars...radical and exotic...from a SL Black series...to a Murc to a GNX .....and without a doubt this GTR has gotten me into more conversations then anything else....people do 360 turns on the street and it never fails but somone is always following me to see the car closer .......Some people ask what it is and most of them just give a thumbs up or praise motion..

The other day I drove the car to the mall with my Fiance...I park the car in the handicap area...when I was getting out a woman and her boyfriend comes over to see the car...he mentioned that the car was very cool but not as fast as his 360 Modena Ferrari....Then my fiance interupts and says "this car is one of the quickest in the world and your Ferrari will lose its ass" then the girlfriend of the guy says "babe why dont you get one of these...your car is always in the shop and this is an awesome car" priceless...I live in Boca...Ferraris are common...GTR's are not

So in reality it is definately an interesting car to some and to others it is Godzilla the King...

...ability to cut wind and forced induction....

huhhhhuuhhuhuhuuhuhh...Hey Butthead....my ability to cut wind also improves with forced induction....huhuuuhuhuhhhuhhhuhhhuh.:D

Shuddup Beavis!:mad:
------

Sorry...that's not directed at you, slowcar, I'm just having another Beavis and Butthead moment and my mind is a continuously running cartoon...and you keep talking about cutting wind which... I just can't let pass...;)

Enjoy that GT-R.
I, for one, do respect the GT-R as very well built factory cars and they certainly hold their own in the "Supercar" category against all the high end exotics that Biff, Bunky, Bubby and Tad drive around in with their sweater sleaves tied in a knot around their pencil necks.:tongue:
What's not to love about that?

If you ever ET it, please post up the time slips. I'm curious to know.

Originally Posted by slowcar View Post
worlds fastest shifting Auto Tranny...

It's the same thing all the newer super cars are using. Elec-over hyd clutch actuation...no pedal.

GTR shift 200ms

Ferrari 599GTB SuperFast F1 100ms
Ferrari F430 Scuderia SuperFast F1 80ms
Ferrari California and F458 Italia Dual ClutchSuperFast2 60ms

Tell him to get his wallet ready....again... the trans only has a few more runs left on it... and the black box data dump will void the warranty.... lol....:tongue:

$20,000 to fix that trans.......... one hell of a car though, if they can fix the trans issues that would be the best bang for the buck

Many GTR owners would disagree. As the post reads.... "Get in Line" if ur tranny fails and you want Nissan to replace it. BREAKING NEWS ON A GTR TRANNY ISSUE - NAGTROC - The Nissan GT-R Owners Club

You should of read enough of his Posts by now to know that he Is Clueless...Doesnt matter how many Gtr owners Complain,He will try to convince you otherwise.....All Myth.

As far as your Etrade account,Just more Bragging on your account,Cant help yourself,Its just who you are,You couldn't just admit that you made a Stupid comment,And move on,You have to throw up Numbers that Nobody believes coming from you anyway in another attempt to make yourself look like some big shot.Again,You are just like a buddy of mine,And really have no clue how much of an azz you make yourself look like.He,Just like you..Thinks he is Impressing people,But It is very much the opposite...I get to hear the people talk behind his back,I would try to defend him,Make excuses for him.But no longer,He Deserves it..Much like yourself...You think its coincidence every thread you start turns into a circus?,Is it everyone else...Or you?

Now...

The GTR does not beat the Zr1 around any racetrack...Period...If you pull your head out of your azz for a moment,You could clearly see that.

The Zr1 is Quicker through the 1/4...And brakes the same...And Kills the GTR in the slalom,And Skidpad.

Lets review...

Any Race track the zr1 and GTr were tested at...ZR1 wins.

Skidpad...No contest,Another zr1 win.
Slalom...Close..But still the zr1 comes out on top.
1/4 mile...Um...zr1 again.
0-60...Seems a tie,Maybe a .10th to the GTR then the ZR1 blows past.
Transmission reliability.....:p
Braking...96ft for both cars...Tie.

These are Facts...Not OPINION,These cars have been tested Head to Head,The results are always the same...Hell,There was even a Link posted to one of the Shootouts.It clearly shows the winner...When you Decide to return to reality for a while,Check out the Actual results.

All I said was I Think the car is Ugly...And I would prefer the Zr1...You asked for Peoples thoughts,Then make Ridiculous assumptions about someones Finances based on there opinion of a Certain car...An opinion you came on here and asked for.I gave you my opinion...Thats it...My opinion..Comprende?

What you should really do with any extra money you have lying around is go and get some therapy...You have some real issues,By time a Qualified therapist is done with you,You would be lucky to afford a lease on a used Altima,Let alone A GTR...:p

Now,Even though this has been entertaining,I am done posting to this thread,I have given my opinion,said it was ugly..Not anything about the cars performance,Except I would prefer the Zr1,And every Head to Head Competition proves the Zr1 is Superior in just about every way over the GTR..It is also about 30k-35k more.The GTR is a Fast car,And a hell of a performer for the $$

You cannot change my opinion,Nor the FACT that the ZR1 is an all around better car,That leaves nothing left to say.

I was really looking forward to the Free z06 also...:biggrin:

still faster then one can blink

regardless but 200ms or 80ms..that is damn quick.....and without a doubt quicker then any person can shift a stick shift...and the GTR is considered the quickest full auto out there on a true production car...

TT1989 I have been here a long time....a long time..I dont need to impress anybody....have zero reason for that...you threw up the scottrade ...I just made it clear I have some loot as well....as you can read from all my posts..which I get a kick out of the threads taking a life of their own....I am always expressing my OPINION....no harm no foul...we should all be happy with what we have and stop the bull****...:biggrin:

Also I do like the ZR1..helluva car...best vette built...can pick one up for under $100k used...but I tend to be a more passive and I like unique cars..not that the ZR1 isnt unique but it is still a vette...and too many around to count.....even more so here in south florida...vette capital of the world...lol

I think that a 599 Ferrari is butt ugly and so is a Panamera Porsche but then again not everybody will agree....since this week alone I have seen a few of each driving around....and the 599 is a $300k car....the SA Ferrari with its retractable top is another funky car....these cars are solely for the rich who buy them to buy them not for appearance.....just status....

M

GnBRETT

The posts that you are refering to are all a year old...the software has been issued and only with the 2010's does it say in the manual that a warranty may be void if the car is raced...I SPECIFICALLY bought a 2009....I have been following the cars for some time now....and I own the car so I did my homework as well as talked with my Nissan Rep who takes the car in for service...and he started that a few modified cars have been in for service and warranty issues....not relating to the mods and no problems...he basically said you have a green light on modding it...just dont go overboard....for as quick as it is....with the small mods....and running in the 10's..who needs more? that is just insane...the car already spins all 4 tires stock from a standstill....the car is just that crazy

The posts that you are refering to are all a year old...the software has been issued and only with the 2010's does it say in the manual that a warranty may be void if the car is raced...I SPECIFICALLY bought a 2009....I have been following the cars for some time now....and I own the car so I did my homework as well as talked with my Nissan Rep who takes the car in for service...and he started that a few modified cars have been in for service and warranty issues....not relating to the mods and no problems...he basically said you have a green light on modding it...just dont go overboard....for as quick as it is....with the small mods....and running in the 10's..who needs more? that is just insane...the car already spins all 4 tires stock from a standstill....the car is just that crazy
2009 cars do not seem to be exempt from those issues. Although, Owners of 2009 cars will also get a $75 coupon for service at a GT-R-approved dealership.:rolleyes:

I still like the car either way but I would think at that price tag it you it would be trouble free.

REPORT: Nissan GT-R class action suit over transmission failures settled — Autoblog

if memory serves me right, not once did slowcar ever mention that HIS GTR would outperform a ZR1 at the track but what he did say was he had race/ beaten a zo6,Ferrari F430,Mustangs and a viper:rolleyes:......As far as comparing this too cars in my eyes is a joke!!!!! the zr1 has a V8 and over 153 more HP and is 3350 lb.......Now the GTR only has a V6 485hp @ 3829 ib...The GTR was build to out run the Porsche 911 and the z06 vette which it did at the tracks!!!!!!!!

Nurburgring Racetrack Lap Times

7:22 Dodge Viper SRT10 ACR
Driver: Tom Coronel
Note: Hard Core Package

7:26 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6)
Driver: Jim Mero

7:28 Pagani Zonda F Clubsport
Driver: Marc Basseng

7:28 Porsche Carrera GT
Driver: Walter Röhrl

7:29 Nissan GT-R
Driver: Toshio Suzuki

7:32 Porsche 911 GT2
Driver: Walter Röhrl

7:42 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6)
Driver: Jan Magnussen

7:56 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5)
Driver: John Heinricy

7:59 Chevrolet Corvette (C6)
Note: Z51 package

7:59 Cadillac CTS-V (2009)
Notes: Automatic transmission, sport mode engaged

YouTube - Nissan GT-R vs Porsche 911 GT2 vs Viper SRT-10 Corvette Z06

TT1989 I have been here a long time....a long time..I dont need to impress anybody....have zero reason for that...you threw up the scottrade ...I just made it clear I have some loot as well....as you can read from all my posts..which I get a kick out of the threads taking a life of their own....I am always expressing my OPINION....no harm no foul...we should all be happy with what we have and stop the bull****...:biggrin:

I have been around here for a little while myself,I only mentioned the Scottrade because you made the remark I couldn't afford the GTR...Being a bit annoyed over the remark,I took the Opportunity to Prove you wrong,Not make myself out to be some Stock Mogul.I have been fortunate to make a few good Stock picks,And Timed it perfect in and out of the Housing Market.Sometimes it pays to be Lucky.

We all have our own opinions of what we like and dislike,we can leave it at that...And move on.:biggrin:

ps...There are lots of cars that come out that I dont care for the looks of at first,Then they wear on me...And my opinion changes...If I could get past the Looks,The GTR is a Great car for the Money performance wise.

I have been around here for a little while myself,I only mentioned the Scottrade because you made the remark I couldn't afford the GTR...Being a bit annoyed over the remark,I took the Opportunity to Prove you wrong,Not make myself out to be some Stock Mogul.I have been fortunate to make a few good Stock picks,And Timed it perfect in and out of the Housing Market.Sometimes it pays to be Lucky.

We all have our own opinions of what we like and dislike,we can leave it at that...And move on.:biggrin:

ps...There are lots of cars that come out that I dont care for the looks of at first,Then they wear on me...And my opinion changes...If I could get past the Looks,The GTR is a Great car for the Money performance wise.

you forgot to mention how Ugly the GTR is!!!;);)

Me personally, I would rather drive my Suzuki Samurai... and oh btw, if there was any American muscle, (which I admit there really isn't any) that was AWD that DATSUN wouldn't stand a chance...