owners with a TE-45a combo's and times?

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
I just installed my new TE-45a w/.63 percision housing and a h/d actuator along with a 3.5" LS1-MAF, Trans +, and a extender chip. I ordered the extreme chip but got the extender. the rest of my mod's is in my sig. I'm just woundering how people like there set up and what works the best. if you guy's could? also list your settings on the trans + and what octane your all useing. Alot of people are going to this turbo and we all would like to see each outhers combo's. thanks, scot w.

i have a 45a on a stock motor and intercooler with blue top inj i car ran a 11.59 at 116 lastnight

brett

Brett Haynes said:
i have a 45a on a stock motor and intercooler with blue top inj i car ran a 11.59 at 116 lastnight
hey brett!, At some point that baby is going to run out of intercooler and injectors. that turbo moves the air. I'm loving mine but still working on the tunning. at this point i'm getting 0 knock at 18lbs boost with 93 octane. but i'm going for boost in the 20's on 93oc. " ANYONE ELSE WITH THE 45a PLEASE LIST YOUR MOD'S AND AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE WE ALL WOULD LOVE THE INFORMATION" Thank you, scot w.

scot w. said:
hey brett!, At some point that baby is going to run out of intercooler and injectors. that turbo moves the air. I'm loving mine but still working on the tunning. at this point i'm getting 0 knock at 18lbs boost with 93 octane. but i'm going for boost in the 20's on 93oc. " ANYONE ELSE WITH THE 45a PLEASE LIST YOUR MOD'S AND AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE WE ALL WOULD LOVE THE INFORMATION" Thank you, scot w.
Haven't gotten to tune and run it yet, did do a little 15 lb quick blip....it felt real nasty. Will post after tuning and some boost. Sorry I can't be of more help for now. I'm shooting for mid 6's and 103-104 in the 1/8. :eek:

Here's a pic. Just put it in last week. :biggrin:

Attachments

• Buick Power 6 001.jpg
    Buick Power 6 001.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 1,245
10.87. I think there is more in it. I would like some bigger inj. and some more stall. Love the turbo.

Good thread and good info here guys! I still haven't gotten to the track yet, hopefully in 2 weeks, there's a Buick meet in Mooresville and I can run and tune then. Maybe we can continue posting to all the 45-A guy's here and sorta feed info on tuning, spooling, and making power with these particular turbo's. Doubt I'll have the alky and ME-R set up by then, but going anyways.

turbo trans am with a te45a with a garrett .63 exhaust, factory longblock stock cam from the factory. 55 lbs injector, custom intercooler, 33 lbs of boost: 60ft ..1.56 //// 1/8 ....6.96 at 98.47 //// 1/4...10.94 at 123.27

I just got back from the track yesterday.I drove the car there and back on pump -n-alky.
I only made 2 real passes.My wife drove the rest of the time.

20 psi==2.05 60', 11.94@120.5
21-22 psi====1.94 60', 11.60@122

Drove the car 45 miles home----damn it was a fun day.
I have a small cam and a 3200 pts conv.(unlocked on all runs)

I am sure there are more potent street combos out there---but i love the way this one feels.Only change i am going to make is from a .63 to a .82 exh. housing.

Car picked up 29 mph from 1/8 to 1/4 :cool:

Geoff

tta359 said:
turbo trans am with a te45a with a garrett .63 exhaust, factory longblock stock cam from the factory. 55 lbs injector, custom intercooler, 33 lbs of boost: 60ft ..1.56 //// 1/8 ....6.96 at 98.47 //// 1/4...10.94 at 123.27

nice, whats that thing weigh and what fuel pump do you use?

I went 10.44@129 with a 45A .85 housing 3 bolt. Stock MAF and stock location IC 23 row. Iron heads 109 block. 29lbs boost.

I believe the car weighs in at close to 3800 lbs with me in it, but I have never had it on a working scale. The in tank fuel pump is an upgraded fuel pump from kirban and the in-line pusher pump is a bosch.

tta359 said:
I believe the car weighs in at close to 3800 lbs with me in it, but I have never had it on a working scale. The in tank fuel pump is an upgraded fuel pump from kirban and the in-line pusher pump is a bosch.

:eek: damn, are the TTA's that much heavier then the V8 cars?

thats hauling the mail in a hefty bag. damn

just got a used 45a from a board member. :cool:
it has the .63 exhaust housing, what does it take too switch too the .85 housing and in what ways will it affect the performance?

what about switching too the larger compressor housing (4")?

simple, i have been wanting to put my drivetrain in an 87-93 coupe also. if you dont mind would you keep me informed on the progress. thanks

My 1st pass with new combo an fastest I have ever been until this was in my Vette "woo hoo 12.60 @ 112" Out of 3 passes on 23 lbs the fastest was a 11.00 @ 123 with a 1.89 60 ft. First pass was a 11.16 then a 11.09. Stop running cause car was losing fuel on other end. Chip needs more fuel added @ WOT.. Car is insane on the street even on DR's it spins pretty good. Im looking for mid 10's @ higher boost "28-30 lbs". Car weighs like 3250 with me in it. Fresh built motor an tranny... http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168306 Shes a real beauty .. About to add 20" black TT II's for the street...