owners with a TE-45a combo's and times?

affect's on performance

simple said:
just got a used 45a from a board member. :cool:
it has the .63 exhaust housing, what does it take too switch too the .85 housing and in what ways will it affect the performance?

what about switching too the larger compressor housing (4")?
If I were to switch to the .85 housing. I would send it off to john craig at (limit enginenering). The only way it will affect the performance of it will be: the .63 housing will spool faster out of the hole. The .85 housing will give you more on the top end and the spool will be alittle slower out of the hole. someone on here might have had both and could tell you more i'm sure. you might need more converter stall, I don't know what you have. I have a art-carr 3400 n/lu and it feels like I need more but the trans is flareing bad inbetween shift's and it feels like it's bogging the car down. would this be possible? would I feel a big differance by getting the tranny re-done?

Are the housings PTE or Garrett?

I have a 45A with a Garrett .63 and also have a PTE .63 I might try.

Turbo-Archie said:
Are the housings PTE or Garrett?

I have a 45A with a Garrett .63 and also have a PTE .63 I might try.
Archie, mine is a (pte.63) and when it spools it's nuts!!!! I love it! but I need to overcome my tranny issues first before it goes to the track.

I was using PTE housings. The .63 spooled faster on the street, but at the track my 60ft's where the same with .63 housing and the .85. The .85 just gave more top end and MPH. The .85 is more sluggish on the street, but not to bad.

Chris McDade said:
I was using PTE housings. The .63 spooled faster on the street, but at the track my 60ft's where the same with .63 housing and the .85. The .85 just gave more top end and MPH. The .85 is more sluggish on the street, but not to bad.
Hi chris! This is scot in tennessee i'm a good feind of puddin. iv'e talked to ya a couple of times. how ya doing?

Chris McDade said:
Hey what's up Scott. Good to here from ya.

Me...Just working...

Later
Hey budd, How did you like your 45a? what stall did you use? also what size injectors? my whole set-up is in my sig. The (puddin creation)! :biggrin:

Conleys Performance built my car the first time with the 45a and stage 1 heads and all the goodies. It needs a decent stall and heads to really take advantage of the turbo's upper boost. It doesnt really come alive until then. It was good for 10's and had good street manners :rolleyes: , not any more though :redface:Good luck, you will enjoy it. I blew a hole in my block racing a gixer 750 on the street (stupid move) .

scot w., thanks for the info :)
what times are you running with those 60lb injectors? no alky? vehicle weight? fuel pump/system? some extreme topend is what i would like too have but its going to be hard too judge how its going to pull since it will be so light anyway. 130+mph would be a kickass achievement tho
it's gonna be HR valvetrain and GN1R's, champion cnc'd intake. i'm trying too move as much air as possible at a low boost level

daniel, no problem. i'm sure there will be regular updates on the build. i'm picking the car up next weekend. white '90 hard top notchback (V8 car) wolfe subframes, torque box plates, AJE k member and a arms, D&D coilovers, caster camber plates, manual rack, manual brakes, aerospace brakes up fornt. i think i'm going too motor plate it and make a custom trans cross member. should be light as a feather :D

EDIT; there is some very impressive times with this turbo especially at the weight alot of your cars at :cool: :eek:

No times yet.

simple said:
scot w., thanks for the info :)
what times are you running with those 60lb injectors? no alky? vehicle weight? fuel pump/system? some extreme topend is what i would like too have but its going to be hard too judge how its going to pull since it will be so light anyway. 130+mph would be a kickass achievement tho
it's gonna be HR valvetrain and GN1R's, champion cnc'd intake. i'm trying too move as much air as possible at a low boost level

daniel, no problem. i'm sure there will be regular updates on the build. i'm picking the car up next weekend. white '90 hard top notchback (V8 car) wolfe subframes, torque box plates, AJE k member and a arms, D&D coilovers, caster camber plates, manual rack, manual brakes, aerospace brakes up fornt. i think i'm going too motor plate it and make a custom trans cross member. should be light as a feather :D

EDIT; there is some very impressive times with this turbo especially at the weight alot of your cars at :cool: :eek:
I have not taken it to the track yet. but my car is at 3700lbs, 18lbs boost, 93 pump gas, half a degree of knock at WOT. fuel pump is a red armstrong xp single pump. fuel pres. set at 45lbs line off. What will you be doing with this turbo? 1/8mi, 1/4mi, street? interstate? Alot of people use the .85 but i'm totaly happy with the .63. It comes alive near 3/4 of the 1/8th and through. just some testing on the street!!

i just want a fast lightwieght car! :D
will be driven 90miles each way too gateway raceway for 1/4mile passes, then driven home. will see more street duty then track but will see a fair share of track use (twice a month maybe, probably 2-3 passes each visit)
there are some fast cars (~120mph+ cars) around town here and i want to put bus lengths on them during street encounters

i'm going too pick up the MAFT pro and use it in SD open loop mode (ran open loop with my LT1). i'll have a WBO2, all the guages too keep track of things (comes with the car), a laptop with a scantool/datalogger.

non luck up 200-4r (probably from Brian), 3600stall, 3.55 gears, 26" M/T DR

injectors and fuel system are something i'm still deciding on. not sure if i want too do 60 high z's and alcohol on pump gas or 83's and modded ecm. 100 octane isnt that much more at the pumps around here then 93

TTT, There has to be more guys running the TE-45a set up. were all wanting to see them and see how they work out for you. thanks, scot w.

I use the PTE equivalent, T64E, on an untouched stock motor with only bolt ons. Heads and intake have never been off the block. This turbo loves high boost. It needs fuel though. My 50# injectors went static at around 4000 RPM. 72# injectors would be perfect. My times are with a tight converter and launching soft. I have a T-Top car.

What injectors, boost, transbrake?, boost leaving the line?
i run 72 lbers my car went 10.51 with 50;bers tho.I have a transbrake 400 turbo and set the two step at 3760 rpm about 15lbs to 20 at the line i run about 26 psi

race gas / 24lbs boost

Well It finely came time to put in some race gas and turn the boost up.... Me and the wife were meeting a bunch of people for a HPT forum get together with alot of ls1 f-body cars so I wanted to be loaded for bear just incase. Well on the way there we had NO takers.. :( and when we were leaving it was raining so there is more disapointment but on the way there I got on a on-ramp to a hwy and nailed it..... OMG!!!! the tires broke loose at 50mph or more and literaly took off like a rocket. well on the way home in the rain on that same hwy a bmw came flying up on me at 70mph so I eased up to his speed and he gave it hell, well I slowly put it down and ended up passing him as if he had slamed on his brakes.... :biggrin: needless to say this car that is Mark Thomas aka." puddin's " creation is down right insane. can't wait for the full tranny re-build with trans-brake and some moser axels.. All I can say to someone wanting to go with a TE-45a..... WOW !!!! Scot W. ;)

scot w. said:
Well It finely came time to put in some race gas and turn the boost up.... Me and the wife were meeting a bunch of people for a HPT forum get together with alot of ls1 f-body cars so I wanted to be loaded for bear just incase. Well on the way there we had NO takers.. :( and when we were leaving it was raining so there is more disapointment but on the way there I got on a on-ramp to a hwy and nailed it..... OMG!!!! the tires broke loose at 50mph or more and literaly took off like a rocket. well on the way home in the rain on that same hwy a bmw came flying up on me at 70mph so I eased up to his speed and he gave it hell, well I slowly put it down and ended up passing him as if he had slamed on his brakes.... :biggrin: needless to say this car that is Mark Thomas aka." puddin's " creation is down right insane. can't wait for the full tranny re-build with trans-brake and some moser axels.. All I can say to someone wanting to go with a TE-45a..... WOW !!!! Scot W. ;)

Hey Scott, sounds like that thing is a beast! Bet it will run 10.50's no problems, might run out of injector though. be careful :eek: I also took my car out today, only had 91 octane in it though. I just passed the 750mi mark on the new rebuild and never went in to boost until today. I didn't want to push it to hard but easing in to it and hitting 12-15 pnd of boost for a couple seconds I was like :eek: Friggen thing is scary fast! nock hit 3.3 so I immediatly got out of it to be safe of course. Just put it this way with the old engine with same bolt on it went 11.0X @ 129 just to give you an idea of what to expect :) Hey did you get that tach issue sorted out?

tach

Raymond Bunch said:
Hey Scott, sounds like that thing is a beast! Bet it will run 10.50's no problems, might run out of injector though. be careful :eek: I also took my car out today, only had 91 octane in it though. I just passed the 750mi mark on the new rebuild and never went in to boost until today. I didn't want to push it to hard but easing in to it and hitting 12-15 pnd of boost for a couple seconds I was like :eek: Friggen thing is scary fast! nock hit 3.3 so I immediatly got out of it to be safe of course. Just put it this way with the old engine with same bolt on it went 11.0X @ 129 just to give you an idea of what to expect :) Hey did you get that tach issue sorted out?
Not yet ray, still pulling my hair out.