Panel for mounting alky control in dash.

You would take the guts out, correct.
Is it correct to say that if you have a rear defroster switch, then it can be removed and the Alky controller can be installed in the same location as the defroster switch using the Alky Panel and no cutting will be required? I would prefer to have it on the right side.

I have it installed, I just took out the rear defrost switch. I don't use it anyway. The install is a piece of cake. I had to clearance the dash a bit but no big deal. This looks ten times better than mounting the alky box on the dash. When I ordered mine the remote mirror hole didn't get drilled so I just drilled it myself, that's why I don't have the lettering for it. No big deal.

that looks great dude
I have it installed, I just took out the rear defrost switch. I don't use it anyway. The install is a piece of cake. I had to clearance the dash a bit but no big deal. This looks ten times better than mounting the alky box on the dash. When I ordered mine the remote mirror hole didn't get drilled so I just drilled it myself, that's why I don't have the lettering for it. No big deal.

Just ordered mine, hopefully Jim Dunn (buickturboperformance.com) will work his magic installing it. I'll have the one with rear defroster and Alky control.

Just ordered mine, hopefully Jim Dunn (buickturboperformance.com) will work his magic installing it. I'll have the one with rear defroster and Alky control.

Please post an install picture for us. There has been a couple inquiries to trcustoms for a picture of a panel that has provisions for the rear defroster and alky on the same panel, but one has not been uploaded or shown.

You will be the 1st that I have seen it done. Please keep us updated with some pictures, thanks!

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Barracuda1968
Dude that looks sooooo bad a$$. I love it. Take another pic a little further away. More alky lights by the climate control too. Sick.

Please post an install picture for us. There has been a couple inquiries to trcustoms for a picture of a panel that has provisions for the rear defroster and alky on the same panel, but one has not been uploaded or shown.

You will be the 1st that I have seen it done. Please keep us updated with some pictures, thanks!

LIVE4RDO,
Did you ever install your alky plate that has the defroster switch still in it?

Here is a pic of a panel that has the defrost and remote mirror option. Remember, you will have to clearance the dash behind it to do this. Also a picture to show what is behind the overlay so you can see what will need to be opened up for it to work. Have not tried doing this one myself but looks like you will have to trim off the flange that mounts the speedometer panel. That rectangle opening is where one of the clips that attaches the main dash bezel goes. Don't think it will make a difference if these are eliminated. Of course, if you don't have Twilight Sentinel option it will be easier to mount the alky control on the left side bezel, the third picture shows what is in back of that overlay. The open rectangle slot is where the twilight sentinel switch would normally go.

alkyLower2 (Custom).jpg

rightbaredash.JPG

Left Side (1).JPG

Assuming you got the correct overlay installed by now, can you please send back the incorrect one that my engraver sent to you by mistake? Send to TR Custom Parts 141 Ezra St North Haven CT 06473

Here is a pic of a panel that has the defrost and remote mirror option. Remember, you will have to clearance the dash behind it to do this. Also a picture to show what is behind the overlay so you can see what will need to be opened up for it to work. Have not tried doing this one myself but looks like you will have to trim off the flange that mounts the speedometer panel. That rectangle opening is where one of the clips that attaches the main dash bezel goes. Don't think it will make a difference if these are eliminated. Of course, if you don't have Twilight Sentinel option it will be easier to mount the alky control on the left side bezel, the third picture shows what is in back of that overlay. The open rectangle slot is where the twilight sentinel switch would normally go.

View attachment 207188

I think the left side where the Twilight Sentinel goes would be best to minimize cutting behind the panel. Most do not have the Twilight Sentinel option. Any pictures of one installed on the left side using the TS slot? Mark, any Christmas or Black Friday sales in the works?

You will have to use your imagination on what it would look like! Haven't made one yet for someone who wanted it on the left side. Eventually will have one made up for my own GN when I have spare time to install it.

Already have sales going on for our stroker kits we sell as well as intercoolers. Valve covers sale starting up today.

Attachments

• 1385269291997.jpg
    1385269291997.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 486
"TURBOPOWERED68
Dude that looks sooooo bad a$$. I love it. Take another pic a little further away. More alky lights by the climate control too. Sick.

Thank you, I will try and get a pic for you maybe today. My plan is to move the LED's from the climate control panel to the alky panel. With the led's where they are the climate control bezel doesn't fit quite right.

Not much at all, I had to clearance a little bit on the bottom of the dash where the rear defrost switch used to be. That's it no big deal.

I wish he would have had this new plate for sale when I did mine. I could have kept my rear defrost switch.