Power Plate Thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

V8killR4U

RJC POWEER PLATE COST ME 64 BUCK TO GET TO MY HOME, I OPENED IT UP AND I WAS LIKE DAMN, ANYONE COULD COPY THIS PATTERN AND MAKE A COUPLE OF GASKETS. IS THIS THING PATTENED? i MEAN LOOKS LIKE ANYONE COLD MAKE ONE. ALSO THE GASKETS REAALY DONT LINE UP ON THE PLATE ALL THAT WELL, IS THAT RIGHT? ANYONE ELSE EVER HAD THAT PROBLEM WITH THE GASKET. DOES ANYONE ELSE SELLS THESE OR SOMETHIG SIMILAR BEING THERES NO PATENT. i KNOW HES BASCIALLY CHARGING FOR THE R&D CUZ THIS COULDNT COST MUCH TO MANUFACTURE. JUST MY THOUGHTS. jUST WANTED MORE FOR 664 BUKCS, SHOULD HAVE JUST BOUGHT ONE OF HERE?:eek:

Im not even going to waste my time on you. :rolleyes:

As far as the gasket, the only thing that needs to line up is the outter diameter of the plenum. Match the gasket to the plenum and see if it lines up. Thats all that matters.

I MEANT 64 BUCKS.LOL BUT WELL SEE HOW IT WORKS! WISH I WOULD HAVE COME UP WITH THAT IDEA SHOOT ID BE RICH. LOL ONLY ID SELL IT FOR 64.99. LOL

You ever wonder why you didn't come up with the idea? Or anyone else for that matter? I'm sure Jason has a patent on this, either way copying it is wrong. You are paying for R&D, not for $3 worth of metal.

I'm so tired of this Power plate crap, a guy comes up with a great idea, for a small group of enthusiasts, and works hard to test it and make a badly needed part for our cars, and we get copycaters, and people who just can't understand it so they must come on here and question it, just because they "don't get it". But I bet if you go to the doctor, and he looks at you for 15 minutes prescribes some pills that probably cost .50 cents to make, and then you get a bill for $200 you're not suprised. You're paying for knowledge, for these peoples time spent learning how to fix your problem.

If the doc gives you some pills and they work, do you say "Hell, I could of just went out and got the pills"? No, because you didn't know how. I personally would've charged a lot more for the PP if I came up with it. I'd patent it, and probably still sell the same amount. Whats your option? A hemco? Not even close. Maybe a BGC intake, good luck, and lots of $$$. Jason must be a nicer guy than me. You think Cramers getting rich off these plates? You know nothing about business.

BTW, hit the caps lock key genious

V8killR4U, looking at your sig, you have two TE60's? :confused: :p

... I really need to order a power plate.

Couldn't have said it better myself Sam!!

Jason's a great guy with killer products. Please support our vendors

oK ASSCLOWN, before you shoot yourself in the foot, read carefully, didnt say i didnt understand the concept, I have an Mechanical Engineering degrees among other and work for the company that actually built these cars as well as others like the ahhh Vette. Wasnt saying i would copy this design, but it would be easy to do and no he doesnt have a pattent on the design, but im sure hes working on that and yes i do know that the price is a result of R&D, thats why you paid so much for the car your drviving now, R&D. My opinon just expresses my thoughts when i saw it the product. And obviously you dont have a business, because ahhh you cant read! REad more carefully next time genious. Cheer up too buddy, :) Maybe you should become a spokeperson on the powerplate since you know so much or run for Mayor of Assclown county. Have a nice day :) And if threads or opinions bother you so much maybe you shouldnt be on here, im sure others have opinons on certain products obviously this one if your so tired od hering bout. And no didnt think about the Powerplate if it works then cool, 64 dollars well spent if it doesnt youll be the first to know!

Never said he wasnt maybe you need to read more carefully too. Why dont you read it again, MCFLY. Get off sams jock please:eek: Its making you look bad.

Well it would just shock the hell out of you to learn that I do own a business. And I'm the assclown?! As for the comment on my reading, well its pretty obvious to me that the mech. eng. degree wasn't accompanied by a english degree. Check my typing and then read your own if you want to see what illiteracy looks like. I'm guessing your job applications must have been verbal, since a mechanical engineer might be expected to know how to punctuate, spell, and form a complete sentence.

I think vendors like Jason should be stood up for. But some people just worry about themselves and their $64 too much to care about the future of the TR community.

That being said, I might have been a little presumptuous in my reaction. I talk with many Tr vendors frequently, and the general attitude from many is that we are a pain in the a$$, and they would be better off selling mustang parts or whatever. I hate to see that. Without guys like Jason, amongst many others, we will be driving mustangs soon because all the TR vendors will be fed up and will have moved on.

Grow up with the namecalling, it makes you look even more immature. If thats even possible.

Originally posted by V8killR4U
Never said he wasnt maybe you need to read more carefully too. Why dont you read it again, MCFLY. Get off sams jock please:eek: Its making you look bad.

Perhaps if the general concensus is that you are the "assclown", the likelyhood is that we may be right? He's not the one looking bad here, tough guy.

Even a fool is right in his own eyes....

Its right to pay for Jason's work.

Don't like the price, don't buy it.

The worst example of little for the money is anything relating to computer software....I still buy it :cool:

TRAIL BLAZIN' JASON

Unequal cylinder air/fuel delivery is a major design flaw in these engines.

When is the last time any one had a significant problem (of any kind) successfully addressed...for $65.00?

The TR world had almost 2 decades to come up with a product similar to the PP...and did not. Now that Jason has, it's so easy to think: "Why, this ain't nuttin'...I coulda done this."

(I feel the same way about the wheel, but also was too late.)

The simple fact is: Jason saw the need, went to work on the problem, and developed an effective solution/product. The problem existed before Jason had his Driver's License...but no one else had the "lightbulb" kick-on for a product like the PP & then follow-through on it...and Jason did.

I hope Jason continues to "trail-blaze" innovative new & improved products where others did not dare to tread, and continues to profit from his ideas/efforts.

Three cheers & a tip-o'-the-hat to Jason & RJC for their initiative, honesty, quality and consistently excellent Customer Service. :)

Originally posted by V8killR4U
I MEANT 64 BUCKS.LOL BUT WELL SEE HOW IT WORKS! WISH I WOULD HAVE COME UP WITH THAT IDEA SHOOT ID BE RICH. LOL ONLY ID SELL IT FOR 64.99. LOL

Easier said than done. Keep in mind that it took a lot of time and effort to develop this thing. It's not as easy as it sounds. In fact, even with all their efforts they are unable to come up with one for the Hemco plenum.

People have copied it. One of our members bought one he saw auctioned on eBay. The real owner of the PowerPlate (Jason) was gracious enough to send him the real thing. That's what I call class.

I'll be getting one sooner or later. I want the Precision plenum so I'll have to also buy a new throttle body. So it's going to cost be around $400 for everything (plenum, throttle body, Plate). That keeps delaying my purchase.

I vote for V8killr being the assclown. As said before, learn some English and punctuation skills. And if you dont like the cost dont buy. Dont look here for sympathy from those of us who bought and have had success with Jasons product. Go boohoo somewhere else.

Scott

Dave,

Precision makes 2 versions of their doghouse. The smaller one works with the stock TB...

Others,

Just let it go...

:D

As strikeeagle said Dave, you can use the stock TB with the pte upper, I do. I have one of Jay Jacksons 62 mm Tb's, with the pte upper and pp. I believe this is the same setup Jason Cramer ran 9's with. I think JJ only charges like $80-$90 for the TB, then get the pte upper and pp from Jason as a package deal for like $170. You'll be in a proven setup for less than $300, save a little cash.

I place a value on my time whenever I evaluate a task. If I were to make a powerplate from a sample already in hand with the materials GIVEN to me, I'd easily spend more than $64 IN TIME just to COPY ONE. This does not include R&D and possibly countless headgaskets that Jason may have gone through before the idea came to light. I don't have cash to spend on my car so I'll be the first to attempt a cheaper way of doing things too.

I wish to thank Jason and the others who sell these items for little profit like they do. I am certain that my $64 was well spent and putting possible damage aside, it has saved me easily more than it's cost to attain the well rounded performance I have achieved from my Buick.

In addition, I would like to take this chance to thank all who share information here FOR FREE. I cannot place a value on the wealth of knowledge available just a few keystrokes away.

Status
Not open for further replies.