Power Plate Thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont know why I am wasting my time posting here either. In my opinion, this is the best invention ever for our Turbo Regals. I pity you for saying such a line. Somebody actually took the time to even out the air flow. The reason it took so long to produce it is because no one would ever think that such a simple piece of metal would be produced and might be a waste of time. Personally I am glad that MISTER RACE JACE took his time to make something so simple yet unbelieveably effective. My hat is off to this guy! Race Jace is the MAN! 15 years to fix a simple problem. Finally he took the time to do it! Best 64 bucks I ever spent in my life. Nuff said.

Scott

With associations and having worked for Brian Weaver (GBodyParts), Keith Mease (Mease Performance), Eric Schertz (Dynotech) and Manley Performance Parts...this one guy is the reason why Buick guys in particular get a bad rap...course, i personally know he's not the only one ;)

I HATE dealing with fickle, nickle-n-diming, "will you take 99-cents for this....?", economical-extremists. If ~$65 was too much to spare for a cut-up piece of metal, then how do you convince yourself to even buy a whole car? Its all just a bunch of metal, plastic and copper.

However, after dealing with quite a few automotive enthusiasts from DeLorean guys, to Syclone/Typhoon guys, Conquest/Starion to Mustangs... very few people like to spend money, or for that matter, have the money to spend.

If that's the case, don't attempt to reinvent the wheel or publically try and conjur up ways of copying someone else's work.

I guess if you were as intelligent as you proclaim yourself to be, you would have kept this thought to yourself.

Now I just wish I had the idea for Ebay back in 1994/95 :D

64 bucks is a like a drop in the bucket compared to the money some of us have in our cars. i call it cheap insurance! if it helps my engine last longer i would gladly pay more. Jason just taking the time on our "old" cars shows hes a diehard and we should be thankfull.

$$$$$$$

After having blown at least over 1500 bucks in parts alone (just bolt on stuff and Im still not done:eek: 65 bucks for a part that will equal out air delivery to all cylinders is a drop in the bucket at this point. I have not ran the power plate but have heard nothing but excellent things on them.........as far as paying, hey you pay to play and these cars have excellent low buck mods (some not low buck but oh well :rolleyes: ) V8 killr the tone of your statement almost speaks of cynicism ( I know I teach English) and sarcasm, I think thats why everyone thinks (keyword thinks) that you are either protesting or whining.

Hopefully this is not true and we are only evaluating words through a thread

BTW turn the caps lock off it makes a HUGE difference
Good Luck and Take Care
Jason Cramer if you are reading this thread my payment is on the way.

Is it just me, Or is it always an engineer? Union Electrician by trade I'm always fixing engineers mistakes both electrical and mechanical. Sorry for getting off topic, and I also run a rjc pp and could only tell you there are a few crotch rockets that have had their feelings hurt!

To All those who didnt read the initial thread. Comprehend it please. This wasnt a dis on RJC.

Ahhhhhhh read it again ASSCLOWN! Some people with special needs have to read things several times to comprehend it. Why dont you read ahhh about 6-7 more times, maybe youll get it soon. Since you write so well. Can you you comprehend what you read. Obviously NOT. Done wasting my time on yah!

fixing airflow distribution problem...

Spend $65 on a power plate.....or...... spend a few hundred on a new intake???? If it takes you more than a second to figure this one out you SHOULD NOT be driving a sophisticated car like a turbo Buick!!!:D

Hopefully the two protagonists in this debate will step back, count to 10, and cool off.

8killR4U knock off the vulgarity, now. If you can't put forth a debate/arguement without having to use that kind of language and calling names.... Well, that's unfortunate, but it needs to stop, and now.

turbosam6 If you feel the need to continue the debate, fine, there's nothing wrong with differences on a point, but leave out R4U's vulgarity and don't get sucked into a name calling war.

nuff said?

Sorry dave, I apologize. I feel like a somewhat respected member of this little community, so I try to refrain from the name calling and vulgarity. I realize me quoting him is the same as me writing it myself.

I don't feel the need to resort to name calling and such to mask my insecurities and ignorance. I think its obvious who is the ***clown here, and where the opinions of the majority are.

I highly doubt your educational status, but thats niether here nor there. Try to conduct your argument like somewhat of an adult, at least that way you look a little civilized.

Its funny to me how you must make remarks regarding my lack of intelligence, when you're the one who can't spell, punctuate, or form a complete thought. Special needs huh? Well, if being in a gifted program through school and in the top 1% of all high schools in my state at language arts makes me a "special needs" kind of person, then so be it.

Twin 93 svt, so true!! Every construction site I go on seems like the engineers weren't even looking at the same blueprint!

Originally posted by twin 93 svt
Is it just me, Or is it always an engineer? Union Electrician by trade I'm always fixing engineers mistakes both electrical and mechanical. Sorry for getting off topic...

And if you weren't fixing engineer's mistakes, what would you be working on? The janitor's designs?

Good point Roger.

I think the reason we "workers" get upset with engineers is because generally speaking, some engineers don't have "field experience". Sometimes what they put on paper isn't physically possible in the real world. Not saying this of all engineers, just some.

I recently had to have an engineer come to a job site from a fire damper company to try to figure out why his dampers didn't work right. He had to reset the dampers, and he was really struggling with them. It seemed odd to me that the person who designed them couldn't repair them. He looks at me, then says "I always thought you guys were a bunch of pu**ies, but these really are a pain in the a$$ to fix! Now I know why all these guys are calling telling me how much these suck!" I found that humorous.

BTW Roger, I got the pics of the G type. That thing is gonna be sick! I can't wait to see that at Charleston, those hillbillies thought the TR's should have been slow, but wait till they see a Geo! Its going to completely blow their automotive theories out of the water!

Some would argue (and paychecks tend to support this) that it's harder to conceive of the gizmo, than to repair it. Bottom line, anyone can learn from anyone. You just have to keep an open mind, and exercise respect...

:D

Glad you like.

I talked to the PPR prez and he said I have to have factory front frame rails to run in the fastest car shootout. I don't think I can run with John Phillips Camaro (ever seen that beast run ? 5.1 in the 1/8th) but I could get up in the top 5 I think. I got my arse handed to me last fall at that. I ran a 6.8 to a 6.0 !!:eek: I looked like the fool out there. There were a group from Indy there that night. Did you ever see the 25.1 chassis Monte SS? BEAUTIFUL!

HEY, WHAT GOT MY ATTENTION IS YOU GUYS ARE ACTUALLY ARGUEING WITH A MECHANICAL ENGINEER WHO WORKED ON.......AH VETTES. THAT MEANS HE REALLY KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOIN'.:rolleyes: $64 IS A LOT OF MONEY TO PEOPLE OF SUCH.......HI CALIBER. :p

Originally posted by gnsrule
ROTFLMAO

I'm no engineer, but maybe one day I'll figure out what ROTFLMAO means:rolleyes: :D

With all of these engineers, doctors, and rocket scientists, I must be the only one here with a SH!T job!:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.