Power touring GN Build Thread

A lot of little roadblocks recently. I was going to lower the car back into to the ground or the first time in over a year until I noticed the a tranny leak from the temp sender. Turns out something hit the sender and it was snapped almost in two pieces. Oh and the bag with all my fender bolts is missing. Doh! Other similar things happen to slow progress. I put a fender on for mock purposes and the fender lip will need rolled even despite the wheelhouse clearance panels. These 275s look huge on a g body. Here is what the car currently looks like...

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1399844554.340944.jpg

Last edited:
Put the front fenders back on today and lowered the car on the ground for the first time in a year. It was so low in the back my jack got stuck! After a jack rescue I snapped some pics. Obviously some adjustment is needed. My thoughts: The 295s in the rear seem to fit perfectly. The 275s up front look like steamrollers. They stick out a little too far IMO. I'm really going to have to eliminate the any remaining fender lip despite the wheelhouse clearance. The 1/8 spacer I needed to clear the front caliper isn't helping. Again, I haven't got everything adjusted yet.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400041697.852488.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400041711.937243.jpg
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400041727.556397.jpg

Received my extreme front mount from Mr Huffman. I chose the extreme because I don't need the super extreme and I wanted a light front mount. I wouldn't say it's any heavier than my stretch SLIC bit it is more forward weight. It's a compromise since I can't sit a SLIC with the Detroit speed braces and I like a getting to the front accessories without removing the intercooler.
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400204227.296430.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400204265.356969.jpg

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400204293.107683.jpg

Last edited:
hello people; When you get the IC pipes hooked up could you post a pic. just like the recent ones?
thanks
IBBY

Sure, GN1 forgot to send my clamps/hoses so i'm waiting on that.. I did test fit the pipes and everything looks like it lines up well and it clears my ridetech musclebar which I'm very pleased about.

i was thinking of getting the GN1 slic, i've seen a slic with the DSe bar's cant remember which one it was though. dont know how my temp wouldbe with a front mount out here in the desert.

I didnt read all the posts so i dont know if you mentioned what radiator fans you are using. On a turbo mustang i had, i used a lincoln mark 8 fan that has two speeds. I had the front mount like you do so the old fan had to go. The cfm's on the mark 8 fan were high. Here in florida, things get really hot and this fan helped out alot, just fyi. Great build by the way.

Temps were a concern. I have a GN1 aluminum radiator unit and I ordered an alradco dual fan setup. There was a backorder on the spal fans, but I should receive it soon.

I really want to make some kind of setup to keep the transmission cool...

Working on getting the rest of the engine compartment together. I'm so glad I ordered a full bolt kit from earl brown since it makes reassembly more fun.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400347133.631228.jpg

Also had to weld a bung on the tranny pan for the sending unit.

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1400347203.336414.jpg

hello people; When you get the IC pipes hooked up could you post a pic. just like the recent ones?
thanks
IBBY

Here is the initial mockup... looks like I'm going to have to clock my turbo to point downwards a little.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG

hello; Thanks for posting the pics. That's alot of pipe there. I like the sound of more room in the engine bay but something about all that piping I don't like. There's no way around it and I'm sure you'll get the best fit posible. When you do finish it up do post a pic of the front end.
thanks
that car will be nice when your done
IBBY

hey bishir, whats the pn for the arp studs that fir baer hubs? thanks

It is a custom stud for Baer (with a smaller knurl than other 1/2" studs). Baer's part number is 6280012. I shortened mine to fit the gorilla closed end lug locks I use.
image.jpg
image.jpg

If you go with the GN1 intercooler you'll most likely need to clock your turbo down from the stock location as seen in photo. The car is really close to being back together.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    765 KB · Views: 224