powerlogger and windows 10?mr. bailey?

bpman1234

Hi bob just upgraded to windowws 10 with my surficepro2 just want to know if you have the driver for it ?thanks

I hear it's the same as win 8. Driver signing needs to be disabled but I have not been able to successfully do so.

the current powerloggers are shipping with signed drivers, Windows will find them in "windows update" (we switched about 1.5 years ago)

converting a PL to use the signed drivers is not too hard if people want to do it, or I can do it.

Otherwise, yes, you need to do the unsigned driver dance....

Bob

heskahoka I did what you said in post #4 but still unable to fined drivers or drivers not installed . AM I MISSING A STEP?do I have to have hAve the power logger plugged in at the time

man I had no issues getting it to work with windows 8.1 but 10 is not as easy tried it twice .so what am I missing forgot if I have to uninstall first ?:

I have not tried Windows 10 yet since my car/powerlogger is down still. Without seeing your setup, I can only give you base directions from memory.
Here is the sequence I would try:
  1. Uninstall any drivers you may have tried to install for powerlogger (PL).
  2. Disable Device signing in Windows 10 per the article above. (note, I think you have to do this every time you start/restart Windows 10)
  3. Download drivers for you PL- remember which folder you put them in on your computer.
  4. With the key on in your car to power up your PL, connect the usb cable from PL to your computer.
  5. Your computer should recognize this and try to install drivers; point it to the PL drivers you saved in step 3.
Good luck.

Win 10 shouldn't be an issue. I upgraded my laptop from Win 7 (running powerlogger) to Win 10, and PL fired right up, without issue.

yea I went from 7 to windows 8.1 with no problem but having fits with windows 10 it just keeps telling me cant fined drivers or drivers not installed no matter how I try to get it so gonna try to completely uninstall the program and start from scratch . see what happens .any ideas anyonnneeee ?

It keeps telling hash (man haven't seen that in a minute a.wish I had some now this is busting my brain what ever is left) is not I specified folder or corrupted.anyone helllppp.

Man I tried everything but it tells found drivers but have a problem case hash path or corrupted

Just got my Powerlogger back from Bob I installed it and before I could even open up my device manager it was already linked in hooked up .Thanks Bob.